PDA

View Full Version : NHRA Event at New England Dragway

rhoidahl
06-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Spent today at New England Dragway for the inaugural NHRA Mello Yellow race. The place was packed, especially for the Pro Stock and Top Fuel categories which started at 4:45. Not an empty seat on either side of the track. Great weather and most of the big names in NHRA were there. Back tomorrow morning, then leaving around 2:30 to go set up for cruise night. Should be another GREAT day...

ToplessPony94
06-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Glad you had a good time, Randy. And I'm certain it's good for NED, too.

Not really my thing, though, but I'm glad for all of you guys that enjoy it! :cool: :)

TorchredSVT
06-24-2013, 09:24 AM
saw some of the coverage last night on TV...so glad I didn't go lol. Way to many people and too hot for me.

Glad you guys had fun, some serious power

Very happy for NED...maybe this will attract some new events and more people to come up. I did hear all the drivers on TV saying they look forward to next year, so it sounds like the big event will be back which is good news for eveveryone!

fredfordguy
06-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Went to the event Saturday and Sunday, had a great time. Kinda hot Sunday, but well worth it. My dad and I got to take a tour through the Force's trucks and met John and Courtney. Very nice people. The best part for me was spending some time interviewing Larry Morgan and checking out his Pro Stock Mustang. That guy is fighting a gargantuan up hill battle with a Ford, but is getting closer every day. Yes he has 4 stock 'stang pieces on the car, head and tail lights.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/fredfordguy/116.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/fredfordguy/media/116.jpg.html)

rhoidahl
06-25-2013, 08:08 PM
The last time I saw NED open up "the hill" for spectators was back at the Funny Car Nationals in (I think) 1972. There were a lot of people there, not an empty seat anywhere. The owners of the track are putting all the profit from this event back into the track. Can't wait till next year...

LILBLKSNAKE
06-26-2013, 06:51 AM
The owners of the track are putting all the profit from this event back into the track. Can't wait till next year...

I got to spend all day Sunday in the Owners/Stock Holders box. AWESOME group of people!!

chachee52
06-26-2013, 07:46 AM
There was a thing on the news about this on Sunday that talked about the businesses in the area. They basically said that the business in the area were disapointed and didn't see an influx of people they were expecting. This basically tells me that people from the area went to the event, stayed at the track and went home.
Good for the track!!

TorchredSVT
06-26-2013, 09:12 AM
theres nothing in the area to go to except an applebee's LOL

The only thing I don't know is if NHRA helped NED pay for the upgrades at the track or if NED spent that out of pocket. If they did, I would assume most of the $$ they took in from this event paid for all that pavement. There was probably easily 250k in pavement costs!!

390gtconv
06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=TorchredSVT;5638]theres nothing in the area to go to except an applebee's LOL

QUOTE]

Todd, saw that on news. They did interview from a small sandwich/icecream shop. Woulda thought ice cream shop would have been packed. Track and businesses will do better marketing next big event.