PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm a fan of "Made in USA" &

390gtconv
05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Corporate dollars stay in USA, saw this today.
This news might get me to finally buy a smart phone.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/30/tech/mobile/motorola-moto-x-phone/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

TorchredSVT
05-30-2013, 01:23 PM
70% percent of the phone will be assembled in Texas........

Please take notice how there is no mention of the other 30%

390gtconv
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM
70% percent of the phone will be assembled in Texas........

Please take notice how there is no mention of the other 30%

BUT... it's the intention of getting more and more folks in the USA working. One step at a time. The whole global problem didn't go bad in a month. It won't be fixed in a month. It's a step in the right direction.

I'd be a bit concerned about things like this for the people it may affect.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/30/technology/security/apple-security/index.html?source=cnn_bin

TorchredSVT
05-31-2013, 09:23 AM
I hear ya, it definitly is a good step forward. Let's hope the product can compete

As for the apple thing...anyone dumb enough to keep sensitive information in iCloud deserves to get hacked

ToplessPony94
05-31-2013, 11:05 AM
As for the apple thing...anyone dumb enough to keep sensitive information in iCloud deserves to get hacked

Definitely!!! :eek:

SVT10th
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
"The Cloud" definitely has it's uses, but you have to be aware of what you put there. Sadly, too many people think that anything computer related must be secure, "I mean after all, look how COMPLICATED it is!"
These are usually the same people that believe that if it's on the internet, it must be true. (bonjour!)

I wish the companies promoting Cloud services would be more transparent on this -- but understandably they're not going to admit any potential problems with a service that makes them money.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust Apple or MS as far as I can throw them, but don't have the same feeling of distrust about Google. (not that I put critical info into Google's cloud, beyond what is required for my Android phone)