PDA

View Full Version : Stable 47 presents HARPOON CRUISE 2012 ~ New England Championships of BBQ

RMACH1
05-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Xxxx xxxx xxxx

LILBLKSNAKE
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
We have a wedding that day, and I'm sure there won't be fried Oreos at the wedding :(

chachee52
05-05-2012, 09:38 AM
We have a wedding that day, and I'm sure there won't be fried Oreos at the wedding :(

I think that we had fried Oreo's at our's!!!!
Jim, We are going to have to let you know closer to the event if that's ok. It's the end of our vacation and not sure what we are up to yet.

KillaGT
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
keep me posted

KillaGT
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
ed they make have fried cheesecake

Dennis O'Shea
05-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I am curious if its not a NH Mustang Club Event why in the --LL is it on the club web site And my other problem with this is car's and BOOZE Don't mix I Am definitely out

LILBLKSNAKE
05-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I am curious if its not a NH Mustang Club Event why in the --LL is it on the club web site And my other problem with this is car's and BOOZE Don't mix I Am definitely out

Wanna come to a wedding with us???

390gtconv
05-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Like many many other events that get listed, NOT all will be a "club events". Just an fyi to those that wish to go.
As far as the booze, having been a couple times, you have options. You can have a designated driver, you can have a drink within the few hours your there and still drive within the law. Or drink a COKE.
Best part is the barbequed food, some of the best in the area. :)

Just to say it but Salem ELKS holds a cruz every Thur nite and serves grilled food and booze. They've been doing it for many years and many here have gone.

MY-S281
05-06-2012, 08:21 AM

I am not sure why it would matter what someone announced and or invited others to in this Forum.. Within reason obviously... I have seen individuals promote / announce / and invite others to many events, club related or not and it never crossed my mind to ask why the hell someone would post such a thing ?

Additionally, I would certainly hope anyone who opts to have a alcoholic beverage at any event, NHMC sponsored or otherwise would be responsible in their actions regardless..

Have you been to NHMC Christmas Party, Most of us arrive by car ! :-)'

chachee52
05-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Dennis, if you've never been to this Rib Fest and love ribs you HAVE to go!!! I have been every year that the club has gone up. Last year I didn't go with the club but instead went the day before for a bachelor party. Some of the best BBQ all in one place!!! Bacon wrapped Bacon!!!!!!:) I don't drink beer, they have regular drinks and on occation they are free up there. It's merely a big field to hold a great event. Plus having 50+ cars cruise up 89 all in a row is a site to see.
So reconsider this event, and don't forget the fried Oreos on the way out!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm

J
05-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I am going to this one for sure, anytime we actually get to 'drive' our cars, especially an hour or more to an event I will be there. Hell, we should goto WOODWARD this year baby (Detroit)!!! Was there 4 times.

Also, I would encourage more event postings here, NHMC sponsored our not. KEEP THEM COMING!!!

SVT10th
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
The NHMC website and forum -- in all of the previous incarnations -- have always been used to post events of interest to NHMC members, even if those events are not NHMC-sponsored. I don't see why that would change just because it's a new forum and/or is being run by a different admin.

ToplessPony94
05-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I have to agree, Jim. After all, ED DAY is not an NHMC event and we certainly don't (and didn't) object to posts about it here. (Except when Ed starts promoting the next one when it's still 51 weeks away! :p)

MY-S281
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
So far I have Jay that says he's in, probably Nicole too. I"m trying to get a head count to inquire about free tickets. IF you are interested in going, please speak up. If you aren't going, no need to post please.

Jim
Stable 47

I would go Jim , but as you know, that's when I am away on my annual Beach Vacation !! I'm always bummed that I miss it but honestly there isn't much of anything that can drag me away from following the tide in and out with my family , beach chair and cooler full of Beer ..

I hope you have a great turn out and enjoy the event as you always have !!

ToplessPony94
05-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm in for two!

Pete C
05-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Jim, I am in fit two. We look forward to it!

gt500fastbackcoupe
06-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Liz and I are in for 2

07GTCS
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Do we still get "special" parking?

ToplessPony94
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM

Good question. That would probably really be a killer.

On the other hand, if they're still expecting us to show the cars but take away the free ticket, they they want something for nothing. I'd be disinclined to do that, too.

KARMAN
06-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Without it, I might be better off bringing my truck and not cruising with the group.:mad:

Good question. That would probably really be a killer.

On the other hand, if they're still expecting us to show the cars but take away the free ticket, they they want something for nothing. I'd be disinclined to do that, too.
Good point.
It's a fun outing and I can afford the $15, but gee whiz (for you younger guys that means WTF:D)?

chachee52
06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Still a great cruise and a great event!!! I went last year by myself and $15 is worth it for this event no matter what. It's a great cruise (even when you take the wrong direction highway and go home through the Birchires!!!) It's the best RibFest I've been to (and I've been to a few).
Still not sure where I will be this day. It is the end of our vacation for the year and not sure where we will be.

LILBLKSNAKE
06-08-2012, 10:09 PM
if you want to take a truck or something other than a pony car, (Mustang, Camaro, or Firebird) you are welcome to go, we will meet you there.

So the Jeep people can't join the caravan?? Thery have to meet you there????

chachee52
06-09-2012, 06:18 AM
So the Jeep people can't join the caravan?? Thery have to meet you there????
Just go rent another mustang. Don't you get a discount yet?

gt500fastbackcoupe
06-09-2012, 11:45 AM
lol@all the bickering.
This event is awesome!!! We've all spent $15 on crap for our cars that we've probably never used or installed. If you go you go, if you don't you don't. the event will still rock.
Jim goes out of his way every year to make this fun for us so let's just do what he wants. Give him a head count.

I'm in for 2. One car, and it'll be a Mustang of some sort.

LILBLKSNAKE
06-09-2012, 10:29 PM
\
You have a wedding I thought?

I don't personally, but we'll be attending one :)

Jibber
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Jim, I had a great time at this event two years ago. I can't committ at this time so you can put me down as a Maybe.

ToplessPony94
06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Life has become so busy this year that I'll have to play it by ear. I'd say I'm 80% on going, but not certain. Too many family commitments right now.

LILBLKSNAKE
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I might be able to- If the groom gets out of hand at the bachelor party and they cancel the wedding we have to go to.

96slobra
06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
i will be there jim

chachee52
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Too bad, I will say its still an awsome event and I will be attending again. This year there just is too many things on the calender.
By far the best Rib Fest in the Northeast and cruising up 89 with all the mustangs in the past was just amazing!!!!

J
07-17-2012, 06:53 PM
This sucks.

We need to do more driving events IMO... Standing around in a parking lot gets old...

LILBLKSNAKE
07-17-2012, 09:28 PM
This sucks.

We need to do more driving events IMO... Standing around in a parking lot gets old...

I'm going to be starting a 12.50 bracket at NE Dragway if I can get enough interest next season. If anyone wants to race. Not much to break at 12.50's and most people's cars are good for it.

SVT10th
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
This sucks.

I'm not singling you out, J, this goes for everyone.

For the 6 years I was on the NHMC board (and Jim G, Rick and others can back me up on this) we were always asking for ideas and contribution for new events. There's a core of people who really pitch in and help with the club activities (most of whom are on this forum), but they can only do so much. It has always been true that ANY member can suggest and setup an event they think would be fun or interesting to the club members. That's exactly how the Harpoon Cruise started -- Jim G said, "Hey, this'll be fun" and ran it. The fact that he was VP of the club wasn't why he did it, it was simply because it was a cool thing that he knew people would enjoy.

If anyone has an idea, just go with it -- if you need help organizing, ask for help.

(And ideas don't have to be big organized events -- if you feel like going for a simple ice cream cruise some weeknight, just post it here or ask Marie to send an email blast, and you'll probably get a response.)

chachee52
07-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Don't forget the cruise up to Littleton NH in Aug (I believe the 12th) that should be a cool cruise up and show there too!!!!

Jibber
07-18-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm not singling you out, J, this goes for everyone.

For the 6 years I was on the NHMC board (and Jim G, Rick and others can back me up on this) we were always asking for ideas and contribution for new events. There's a core of people who really pitch in and help with the club activities (most of whom are on this forum), but they can only do so much. It has always been true that ANY member can suggest and setup an event they think would be fun or interesting to the club members. That's exactly how the Harpoon Cruise started -- Jim G said, "Hey, this'll be fun" and ran it. The fact that he was VP of the club wasn't why he did it, it was simply because it was a cool thing that he knew people would enjoy.

If anyone has an idea, just go with it -- if you need help organizing, ask for help.

(And ideas don't have to be big organized events -- if you feel like going for a simple ice cream cruise some weeknight, just post it here or ask Marie to send an email blast, and you'll probably get a response.)

Well said Jim!!!!!

TorchredSVT
07-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Jim...now you know part of the reason I just haven't been around this year!!

I just need a break from doing the same shows, events and cruise nights over and over

to me at this point, it's more about the relationships with my friends and NHMC members than it is the cars

Pete C
07-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Wow. I am just catching up on this post and it is too bad that the run to Harpoon has been called off. I am one who likes the driving events over the cruise ins and have not attended events because I would rather be out driving on a nice day.
If there are still going to be a few getting together to drive up to Harpoon please let me know and I would love to join you. Jim, thanks for all the effort in trying to organize the run to begin with.

J
07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
It's very hard as a member to suggest things specifically as I am not aware of the likes and dislikes of the current members of the club (Kind of a newbie). I assume most of you 'Organizers' are getting a lot of the feedback and making majority decisions based on them. Or taking attendance at some level of the current club activities..

Was just simply throwing out some feedback on more 'driving events', if these types of events don't yield much attendance then it really doesn't do me any good to organize them myself. No harm taken, no harm meant. I usually assume that Nicole and I are in the rarity about 'driving' our cars, but could be off on that too.

Some ideas that come to mind would be more photo taking events (places to drive), think of the power tour... I am up for a Hampton Beach drive, chill out take some shots around the water.. leave after an hour or so.. Also, I am from Chicago, so in terms of Cool spots to go, I don't really know of any. The Lake Sunapee spot is really great too... I know some of the Corvette clubs took some pics up on Mount Washington... stuff like that.

I absolutely understand the time required to organize these things (Ran a 20 person club in Chicago), but that's why I'm not an event organizer.. :)

Nicole and I will start posting more info on what we are up too. Would be fun to meet up with some people and break the typical 'hang out spots'.

So, put a +1 on 'Group Driving' and 'Photo Taking events', wherever that is on the list...

Thanks for the feedback Jim, hope this helps!

LILBLKSNAKE
07-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm starting a 12.50 class for beginners at new England Dragway next season. Already have 11 on the list
It will be part of the outlaw 10.50 group. No one has to show up for all 10 events but I'm having a blast just hanging out and having cookouts at the track. People are saying no one drives their cars???? I have gotten pretty good feedback on track events

J
07-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Ed, don't read into my post too much... Maybe I have been hanging out with too many trailer queens lately...

I am simply trying to understand the diversity of the members in this club in terms of where the most attendance is... Race Events, Car Show Events, Car Cruise Events (talking driving together as a club in a pack more then 35m-hour), Photo Events, Picnic Events, etc. There are a TON of things to do over the course of the season which is fantastic, but what types of events that are on the list get the most attention?

In terms of 'driving' their car and Nicole and I being in the rarity, this was more around how many people are willing to drive 18 hours to Woodward, MI... (I know a few of you have done this)

I will be doing a bunch of work on the NHMC website in terms of 'driving new memberships' and am trying to define/understand if the focus is sustaining the minority, or bringing on new members (there is always a balance). And what is the minority vs what could we be doing that people want to be doing but aren't speaking up about it, they are slowly fading away from club activities. (Maybe this isn't happening at all, but from my experience in other clubs it happens a lot)

The two events that I enjoyed most were The Harpoon Cruise and the Weres Beach Cruise, that was because with one of them there was a cool destination, and with the other we drove with like 50+ mustangs in a pack for 45 minutes (I usually only stayed for an hour or so, eat and leave). This Craignair Bed and Breakfast thing seems awesome too, signed up for that, cool destination.

Just trying to get some thoughts and discussions going...

chachee52
07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
J
I've only been in the club a few years, but have come to the conlusion that there is no "norm" as to how people use their cars. There are a bunch of different events through the year and some people show up to some, others to the other events, and some go to all the events.
I am one that will drive my car around, but won't leave it at a place like Hampton for security reasons. But will drive it to Harpoon and eventually looking forward to driving to Carlisle. But I also like just going to a show and sitting back and looking at the other people's cars and getting ideas.
Jim G, I hope we get this rolling agaoin next year. I'm sorry I couldn't make it this year!!! First year since you started doing this I won't be going up.

J
07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
chachee well said, thanks for the feedback.

nhmcpres
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
for the last hree years we have been cruising up to sunapee harbor on columbus day , and it is planned again this year , we always have around 40 cars , and its a great ride ,

rick

2010TRGT
07-28-2012, 10:12 PM
What's the story? Is this event still on or has it been cancelled? I sent Jim a PM earlier this week but I haven't gotten a response.

And now it looks like there's going to be a bit of rain off and on tomorrow - at least around Concord. Be nice to know if those of us that were planning on going should still meet at the Exit 2 Park & Ride or not.