PDA

View Full Version : Next Show I look forward to on 5/26 is...

390gtconv
05-16-2013, 11:47 AM
The Memorial weekend Clock Tower show in Londonderry across from Ford of Londonderry on rt 102.
A favorite of Ed's!

It's my tune up car show prior to going to Carlisle Ford Nationals on 6/7

Jibber
05-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Have fun George.
Is Ed bringing the Jeep? After all he does have the Call of Duty Black Ops edition Jeep. Definitely show worthy.

390gtconv
05-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Spoke with Ed last nite, he most likely can't go because of his church commitment. However rain date is Monday, he could do.

TorchredSVT
05-17-2013, 04:28 AM
memorial day and labor day weekends are never good times for me...usually doing something

ToplessPony94
05-17-2013, 07:35 AM
memorial day and labor day weekends are never good times for me...usually doing something

Yeah, I always thought sticking a show on the middle day of a 3 day weekend is a dumb idea. I've never been able to make it yet, though I'm thinking it might work out this year.

390gtconv
05-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Tough to be popular.
It's only 1 day out of 3 and a good excuse not to do yard work or car repairs and just chill.

ToplessPony94
05-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Tough to be popular.
It's only 1 day out of 3 and a good excuse not to do yard work or car repairs and just chill.

Yes, but 3 day weekends have two issues. For those with kids, every sports league in the country wants to have a tournament on those weekends. It's also a good opportunity for those who want to go away for the long weekend, and often not in their show car.

390gtconv
05-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes, but 3 day weekends have two issues. For those with kids, every sports league in the country wants to have a tournament on those weekends. It's also a good opportunity for those who want to go away for the long weekend, and often not in their show car.
Ya hypothetically speaking ya IF you have young kids there maybe a game but would be a Sat morning because most leagues know families busy. That said fair about of folks here do not have YOUNG kids in leagues anymore so it's not the issue. For me, don't wanna deal with the "get away" traffic. Used to own a family house down the Cape. NO fun to get to any time. Heck, at xmas time I wait to do my shopping during a snow storm, no crowds!!

ToplessPony94
05-17-2013, 10:28 AM
IF you have young kids there maybe a game but would be a Sat morning because most leagues know families busy.

Actually those tournaments go on non-stop for all three days of the weekend. Take it from one who spent many, many three day weekends in bleachers of basketball courts. Unless your kid's team isn't very good, you're there all weekend cuz they even have a ladder for the losing teams.

I agree whole-heartedly about the "get away" traffic, but I'm not the only one with a vote! ;)

390gtconv
05-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Diff kids, are into diff sports. I'd bet only a select few of all the families on this site involved in tournament thing. Many do sports every Sat.
As far as bad weekends, remember our clubs show on FATHER's Day. It's a special day for many but yet no shortage of people to show up.

ToplessPony94
05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
As far as bad weekends, remember our clubs show on FATHER's Day. It's a special day for many but yet no shortage of people to show up.

Have to agree with that, but I remember that about as many people hated having it that day as those that loved it. But since it was the biggest event of the year for the club they came anyway.

TorchredSVT
05-20-2013, 04:22 AM
in my opinion, car shows on long weekends are risky.....lot of people have plans

Typically, my wife and I do not do the week long vacation thing..instead we take a bunch of long weekends during the summer. I am sure though once we have kids that will change. I have never been a huge fan of big shows on the vacation weekends.