PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Cruise Night

chachee52
05-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Just an FYI for people, Shaw Farm in Dracut will be hosting a Thursday night cruise night starting at 5pm this summer. I don't know the details. Just went there tonight to grab some milk and an icecream and saw the sign.
If you thought that Kimball's icecream was good, you'll LOVE their icecream. It's a cow farm and they make all thier own stuff right there from scratch. The milk is actaully that much better than grocery store stuff (and I'm a "it all taste the same type of guy").
I probably won't be making many of these because I work until minimal 7pm in Salem, but thought I'd throw it out there for people. Even if its not a good show, the icecream is worth the cruise!
http://www.shawfarm.com/

rhoidahl
05-05-2013, 07:26 PM
It will be tough to draw many people from this area, as Candia Cruise Night is also on Thursdays, and they draw up to 140 cars...

ToplessPony94
05-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I know Shaw Farm well! Their milk is amazing, and so is the ice cream. I would SO do this if it wasn't for the fact that I don't get out of work in Burlington until 6:30! Not sure there's enough parking there for a decent cruise night, though. Hope there is and it succeeds!

Jibber
05-05-2013, 08:40 PM
It will be tough to draw many people from this area, as Candia Cruise Night is also on Thursdays, and they draw up to 140 cars...

Gotta try new venues man. Good ice cream is worth going there at least once to try it out.

chachee52
05-06-2013, 06:19 AM
[QUOTE=ToplessPony94;4764 Not sure there's enough parking there for a decent cruise night, though. Hope there is and it succeeds![/QUOTE]

This is the second year. It's a bigger parking lot than the Herritage in Lowell. Also with the new building, they have across the street. It's one of those that I don't there's a lot of advertising about it, just word of mouth. So Not sure that they want it big either.

ToplessPony94
05-06-2013, 10:47 AM
More parking across the street now? Sounds great!

chachee52
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
More parking across the street now? Sounds great!

Well, how long has it been since you've been there? The old "store" has been knocked down and a brand new country store and icecream stand has been built where to old icecream stand used to be. It's got all the machinery to make all the stuff right there. So there's a bunch of parking where the old store used to be, where the cow barn is. I don't know how busy it gets but that's a good overflow.

ToplessPony94
05-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I was there last fall. I've been to the new store maybe 5-6 times. Either the lot across the street wasn't there yet, or I didn't notice it.

chachee52
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I was there last fall. I've been to the new store maybe 5-6 times. Either the lot across the street wasn't there yet, or I didn't notice it.

The lot has always been there. It's where the old store used to be. There's plenty of room to put other cars there. Like I said though, I don't know if they have ever needed to use it. I've never been.

Jibber
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Bruce, Remember when you were focusing on writing your book of excuses last year. You could have been in a "deep thought moment" and didn't notice the football field of parking that was added. :)

TorchredSVT
05-09-2013, 09:43 AM
thanks for sharing todd....will try to make this at least once to check it out

I am on the hunt for new cruise nights since the area is lacking