PDA

View Full Version : Mann's Orchards Cruise Nights

rhoidahl
03-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Just found out that the Mann's Orchards Cruise Nights start up on Monday April 8th; they are held the second Monday of each month through October.

On a sadder note; I also just found out that owner Don Fitzgerald passed away last week; his funeral was last Thursday...

390gtconv
03-31-2013, 06:16 AM
This one is always a nice take.

Dennis O'Shea
03-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Is that the one in Methuen Mass?

SVT10th
03-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Is that the one in Methuen Mass?

Yes, it is.

chachee52
03-31-2013, 10:00 AM
Just found out that the Mann's Orchards Cruise Nights start up on Monday April 8th; they are held the second Monday of each month through October.

On a sadder note; I also just found out that owner Don Fitzgerald passed away last week; his funeral was last Thursday...

Can't wait to hit a few of these. Sorry to hear about the father, I know it was a real family business and he will be missed.

Jibber
03-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Now I know where this place is I should be able to get to one. Thanks for the information.

LILBLKSNAKE
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Pie!!!!!! Pie!!!! Pie!!!!!

TorchredSVT
04-01-2013, 08:44 AM
wow, so next monday......

Very sad to hear about the father......From my experience there so far, place is very family orientated.

whtmare
04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Anyone going tonight?

chachee52
04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Kind of forgot. jen and I had a bunch of errands to run tonight anyway. Hope it was a good turn out, I actually saw a bunch of classic cars out on the road today around Pelham. Including that blue convertable Chevelle with the wheelie bar. He was stomping on the gas every time he came by today.

rhoidahl
04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
I couldn't make it either, car is at New England Sight and Sound for an alarm install...

Jibber
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I couldn't make it either, car is at New England Sight and Sound for an alarm install...

Alarm? Just install some hidden kill switches to the battery and/or fuel system. If someone wants it they will get it anyways... Just my opinion.

I stopped by there on my ride home from work. I was in Plaistow so it was an easy swing through for me. I got there around 5:15. By the time I left at around 5:30 there were about 45-50 cars there. Not bad. Venue is OK. A bit crowded with regular people just driving in and parking next to the cruise night cars. I felt a bit uneasy when I saw that.

rhoidahl
04-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Once the season gets rolling, they don't let regular customers into the parking the lot; they have park across the entrance off the main road. I don't ever recall a problem with vehicles here; other than if you don't go early on their cruise night, you may not get a place in their front/side lot or on the grass. I'm sure their next cruise night will probably have 3 time as many cars...

TorchredSVT
04-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Including that blue convertable Chevelle with the wheelie bar. He was stomping on the gas every time he came by today.

OMG, I see that guy on 133 all the time and I got stuck next to him at a Skips cruise last summer. Guy is the biggest Douche bag out there.

TorchredSVT
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM

I am curious about this too......the PATS system on these cars is actually very good. It's a convertible, won't take more than a knife to break into the car? If someone wants the car, they'll show up with a flat bed and your SOL.

SVT10th
04-09-2013, 09:49 AM
I am curious about this too...... It's a convertible, won't take more than a knife to break into the car? ....

Rule of thumb is to NEVER lock a convertible. Unless you've got a load of goldbricks in it, the convertible top is worth more than the contents.

That said, a real alarm at least gives you more options than PATS. I'd set the alarm while leaving the car unlocked. Makes noise and disables the car.
Randy, did you get one that you can interact with on a smartphone?

ToplessPony94
04-09-2013, 10:01 AM
I'd set the alarm while leaving the car unlocked.

Most alarms I've seen in the past 20+ years lock the car when you set the alarm. Assuming you have power locks, of course. On the system on my car (came with the car) I would have to unlock the doors with a key from outside after setting the alarm to do this.

I haven't worried about this too much because my car needs a new top anyway. Maybe next winter... ;)

whtmare
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't leave car car anywhere long enough to need one.

Dennis O'Shea
04-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Thats a nice thing to say about the poor guy I wonder what he thinks of you

OMG, I see that guy on 133 all the time and I got stuck next to him at a Skips cruise last summer. Guy is the biggest Douche bag out there.

rhoidahl
04-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I am curious about this too......the PATS system on these cars is actually very good. It's a convertible, won't take more than a knife to break into the car? If someone wants the car, they'll show up with a flat bed and your SOL.

Well, kill switches would be no good if someone did pull up with flatbed to take it away. But if someone cuts the top to get in, at some point the motion sensors will set off the alarm...

chachee52
04-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Does the alarm talk to you: "Please step back from the car you Jack Ass"? That would be the only reason to get an alarm!!

Dennis O'Shea
04-09-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't have an alarm But my wife says that to me all the time

Does the alarm talk to you: "Please step back from the car you Jack Ass"? That would be the only reason to get an alarm!!

TorchredSVT
04-10-2013, 08:44 AM

I could care less what the guy thinks of me, he's jackass. I don't need to be the center of attention unlike him........

Jibber
04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't leave car car anywhere long enough to need one.

I agree with that!!! Way to many Jack Wagons out there to leave it alone ANYWHERE!!

You love busting balls don't you?

I could care less what the guy thinks of me, he's jackass. I don't need to be the center of attention unlike him........

You fell for it hook, line and sinker!! I thought you were more savvy than this??? LOL

TorchredSVT
04-10-2013, 04:24 PM
touche Kev.....lesson learned. From now on, ignore all posts by Dennis:D

Dennis O'Shea
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Ian Your such a Douche Bag

touche Kev.....lesson learned. From now on, ignore all posts by Dennis:D

LILBLKSNAKE
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Ian vs Dennis at ED DAY 2013

rhoidahl
04-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I think NE Dragway should start up "Grudge Night" again ... I can see a lot of Mustangs staged at the lights...

390gtconv
04-10-2013, 09:14 PM
I just wanna know when WHIPS WHEELS comes out.......