PDA

View Full Version : Official NHMC Web Site

chachee52
03-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Ok, Because we kind of hijaked the other thread, I thought I'd start this one.
I am starting this not to start a FB vs Non- FB battle, but to check to see what is happening.
So the main issue, as I am seeing it through the other thread (forget about this weekend not having pics up on the board), is that the offical web site is not really operational: www.nhmustangclub.com
There has been no updates on the schedule and no uploads of events for a while either on that web site.
Again, I know that the club has a FB page, and I know that we have a forum. This is not about which on has more activity. This is more about if you do a search for NHMC the first two links that I get are the official club site (which is not up to date) and the forum. If I were a new person to either New England or new to Mustangs in general looking to get with a group and see that web site I'd think that the club might not be around anymore.
If I could, i would help the club with this but I know nothing about web design.
Again, not trying to start a huge arguement on which should be used, but more of a suggestion to help.

TorchredSVT
03-26-2013, 08:39 AM
I agree, at the beginning of spring getting this updated should be a priority

I don't know whose the webmaster for the site. I'll reach out to Rick and let him know this needs to be addressed

ToplessPony94
03-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes. We should also get some pics up there with dates more recent than 2011 so it actually looks like the club is still active.

Todd, thanks for starting a new thread - it was needed.

Dennis O'Shea
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Nice Job Todd We definitely to have some updating done it does send a message that the club has gone bye bye. I would hope that we are open to increase the membership of the club

Jibber
03-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Todd hit a home run with this thread. What he described is what I did when I first got my car. Went to website. Saw the cruise night schedule. Went to one. Met Alan (BLk terminator) joined the club.
Today, I would think the club was dead by the website not being udpated or maintained and maybe wouldn't look any furthur.

I know everyone who does all this stuff is doing it on their own time. They do it cuz they love Mustangs, are club members and have the know-how to do it.
Jim Campbell did it for a long time for us and I'm sure it wasn't easy to do.
I appreciate all that eveyone does.

I'm sure we will get this thing going strong again.

nhmcpres
03-26-2013, 10:51 PM
we are a little behind , but 2011 last info is from last year (2012)

chachee52
03-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Sorry, if i upset anyone one this. It was not the intent!!
It was more to take a "hi-jaked" thread away from what it was turning into.
I wasn't sure if anyone was doing this.
Like I said in the post, I would jump right in to help with the website if I knew how to do anything on web design, but I don't. I do know how much you guys do and how much time it takes and am not trying to say that you don't.

TorchredSVT
03-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Todd, I talked with Rick and you saw his other post. It's definitly a known problem and being addressed.

Jibber
03-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Sorry, if i upset anyone one this. It was not the intent!!
It was more to take a "hi-jaked" thread away from what it was turning into.

Todd, I don't think you have to apologize. I still think that this is a good thread topic. I hope noone gets offended by it. It just shows that you care about stuff and the overall success of the club.

rhoidahl
03-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Todd, I don't think you have to apologize. I still think that this is a good thread topic. I hope noone gets offended by it. It just shows that you care about stuff and the overall success of the club.

I agree with Jibber in that there is no need to apologize for this thread. It was well worded and constructive, and Todd makes a very good point. In addition, this one did not come across with the same negative, critical tone that some of the threads on the other posting did. The website is being worked on , but just like everything else, it will take some time.

Constructive suggestions are always welcome -- either on the forum, Facebook, website or email. But if anyone is going to be unduly critical with their comments, the forum is NOT the right venue for it. If anyone is upset to the point they cannot keep the wording constructive and positive (as Todd did do with this thread), then call Rick or me on it. But do NOT post it on the forum. This forum is supposed to be for posting events, updates and positive, intelligent conversations about topics relating to this hobby we all love; the key word being intelligent. There are way too many critical, negative comments posted, some which are obviously worded to instigate issues which are a non-issue to start with or do not even exist.

chachee52
03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
, intelligent conversations about topics relating to this hobby we all love; the key word being intelligent.

Does this mean that I have to leave? At the end of the day, intelligent conversation hurts my head!!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-27-2013, 08:22 PM
I think this crappy winter has everyone too impatient and edgy. Two weeks til DYNO DAY!!!

390gtconv
03-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I think this crappy winter has everyone too impatient and edgy. Two weeks til DYNO DAY!!!
Dam, I still got 1 1/2' of snow in front of my trailer. Gonna need many really warm days.

LILBLKSNAKE
03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Dam, I still got 1 1/2' of snow in front of my trailer. Gonna need many really warm days.

Start digging out OUR open trailer :)

chachee52
03-27-2013, 08:50 PM

No snow here. :(