PDA

View Full Version : Jen will have HEAT!!

chachee52
03-18-2013, 07:36 PM
So as most of you know my car doesn't have any heat. Well a couple of members have been great and offered to help me reinstall Jen (probably in hopes to get some of her truffles but it doesn't matter why).
I will also try to rewire my stereo while the dash is out, and install my old XM FM modulator so that I will not rip the rest of my hair out on the way down to Carlisle.
So if anyone is around and wants to stop by to either help, just sit around the garage and have a drink or cigar and watch and get out of the house, my garage will be open. Come on over!!!
I'll probably have some stuff to grill up and I know that I'll be learning a lot about my car. So if anyone else wants to learn, through a couple thoughts out, or like I said just get out of the house.
We'll be doing this on Saturday April 6th, time TBD.
Let me know an I'll PM you the address if you don't know it.

390gtconv
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
I guess I'm there.. :o

LILBLKSNAKE
03-18-2013, 09:11 PM
I can be there until about 3pm

ToplessPony94
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Todd, I'd love to!!! If I'm not still putting the rear suspension of my own car back together, that is!

chachee52
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Too bad, The truffles won't be done until 4pm. But I'll have Max drool on you instead!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Too bad, The truffles won't be done until 4pm. But I'll have Max drool on you instead!

Serve me truffles or I bring O'Shea

hurtin_monky
03-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Todd, you're heading down to Carlisle in your car this year?

chachee52
03-18-2013, 10:29 PM
ok ok, i'll talk with Jen and see if they can be rushed

Todd, you're heading down to Carlisle in your car this year?
That's the plan as of right now. Got my AAA all payed up for it and ready to drive.
ED is going to come too to help fix it when it breaks down, isn't that nice of him?

hurtin_monky
03-18-2013, 11:18 PM
what a nice guy

Jibber
03-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Todd, I'd love to!!! If I'm not still putting the rear suspension of my own car back together, that is!

You will be done by then. But then again, you needed welding, an alignment and then gotta put the trunk back together. The RE-born stealth fighter of 2013 will menace those poor Vet owners this year. Score one for the Mustang this summer. :)

Mr. O'Shea being there would be a blessing to you all. Dont you forget it.

Dennis O'Shea
03-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Thank you
Kevin Its nice to see that someone understands me

Mr. O'Shea being there would be a blessing to you all. Dont you forget it.[/QUOTE]

390gtconv
03-19-2013, 08:22 AM
This is Sat not Sunday Ed. Still have busy schedule on SAT?

ToplessPony94
03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
You will be done by then. But then again, you needed welding, an alignment and then gotta put the trunk back together. The RE-born stealth fighter of 2013 will menace those poor Vet owners this year. Score one for the Mustang this summer. :)

It will need bump-steer adjustment, pinion angle adjustment, welding, alignment and radiator work (pin-hole leak somewhere I can't find) but not much of that will involve me. It won't stop be from joining the party at Todd's, but it could keep the car home on Ed Day if we don't get the parts together soon enough for all that to happen. Fingers crossed!

TorchredSVT
03-19-2013, 10:31 AM
I'll swing by and say hi

LILBLKSNAKE
03-19-2013, 02:40 PM
This is Sat not Sunday Ed. Still have busy schedule on SAT?

I'll be there 8am-3pm then we have a family party

390gtconv
03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I'll be there 8am-3pm then we have a family party

Gee, I thought we were your family?

Dennis O'Shea
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
I see now when you two stand together the family look a like

Gee, I thought we were your family?

rhoidahl
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
So as most of you know my car doesn't have any heat. Well a couple of members have been great and offered to help me reinstall Jen (probably in hopes to get some of her truffles but it doesn't matter why).
I will also try to rewire my stereo while the dash is out, and install my old XM FM modulator so that I will not rip the rest of my hair out on the way down to Carlisle.
So if anyone is around and wants to stop by to either help, just sit around the garage and have a drink or cigar and watch and get out of the house, my garage will be open. Come on over!!!
I'll probably have some stuff to grill up and I know that I'll be learning a lot about my car. So if anyone else wants to learn, through a couple thoughts out, or like I said just get out of the house.
We'll be doing this on Saturday April 6th, time TBD.
Let me know an I'll PM you the address if you don't know it.

Todd -- I'd like to see whats going on with your car as well; let me know when and where...THANKS...

chachee52
03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
So seeing the car started and I'm going to be able to move it to the middle of the garage to work on it, what time are people thinking they will come over?
I know Rick is working until 1pm so he'll be late.
I was thinking no earlier than 9am. I will get donuts and grill later if people want.
Let me know what else people want in the garage and i'll do my best.

LILBLKSNAKE
03-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Stripper poles and dancers

ToplessPony94
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Truffle pizza! :D

chachee52
03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Stripper poles and dancers

I actually looked at a house with a stripper pole in the basement!! It had a leopard skin stage.
I'll try to teach Max to dance for you, he's already good at the Bunny Hop!!! :D

Truffle pizza! :D

I don't think that pizza and chocolate go well together, but hey it's a free world :rolleyes:

390gtconv
03-24-2013, 08:43 PM
I'd like to be there between 9-10 am. Need to have time to work & eat. Will Ray be over?

chachee52
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
I'd like to be there between 9-10 am. Need to have time to work & eat. Will Ray be over?

goo, I was going to call him today but I forgot!! I'll call him up. He said that if I did anything to the car that he'd be over if he was around.

TorchredSVT
03-25-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't think that pizza and chocolate go well together, but hey it's a free world :rolleyes:

Check out max brenners in Boston, thier entire menu is chocolate based. I have had thier pizza before, its filling but good

anyways, I wouldn't be able to stop by until late in the day.

chachee52
03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Check out max brenners in Boston, thier entire menu is chocolate based. I have had thier pizza before, its filling but good

anyways, I wouldn't be able to stop by until late in the day.

I stand by my "no chocolate on pizza" Only Meat!!!
Come by whenever, I will be here all day and into the night.

390gtconv
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Todd, many folks coming?
See the latest forecast for that day? I may need to install ac. lol
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/chester-nh/03036/daily-weather-forecast/1101_pc?day=6

Talk to Ray?

chachee52
03-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Really? You are going to trust a forcast that far out? Come on man!!!!!
We are not taking more HP away from my 100 HP engine!!
A few people said they'd stop by. I will give Ray a call tomorrow. I'll throw it on my phone so I won't forget

LILBLKSNAKE
03-28-2013, 08:21 PM
STOP the guest list!! There won't be enough truffles :)

390gtconv
03-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Really? You are going to trust a forcast that far out? Come on man!!!!!

Every storm I post would hit this winter DID happen. Common sense temps can only go up from here. Long range I don't look for it to be exact, I look at them as trends for general temps. The days around 4/6 all 55-60 is what I see.

TorchredSVT
03-29-2013, 08:49 AM
george, you are almost as crazy about the weather as I am

390gtconv
03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
george, you are almost as crazy about the weather as I am
Ya my dad would say I was obsessed with it. Like to know it so I can plan my weekends & sometimes nites during summer.

chachee52
03-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Talk to Ray?

Called, message left. He had the nerve not to be home when I called, and Max hasn't made it that far from the house to walk to his house. He's only made it to the beach sa far.

390gtconv
03-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Called, message left. He had the nerve not to be home when I called, and Max hasn't made it that far from the house to walk to his house. He's only made it to the beach so far.
We'll just have to have a bon fire and be noisey. For a Sat he'll have no excuse.

chachee52
04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
So looks like its going to rain over night but be good for Saturday, not that it matters much, we'll be in a garage.
Again, anyone that wants to come hang out have a couple laughs at all the "crap" we will find this time opening up my car, give us a hand, have a few drinks, cigars Come on over. I think that the consensous is about 9-9:30 we will meet up at my house and then get to work.
doesn't matter what time you come, some people aer coming in the AM, some in the afternoon. I'll be here and if people stay, I'll start a fire in the back yard at night.

390gtconv
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Need any pallets for fire?
I got lucky, looks like the weather forecast I posted ~ 2 weeks ago was a good one for this weekend. Should be decent.
http://weather.boston.cbslocal.com/US/MA/Boston/KBOS.html
I'll be there in am. Let me know on pallets.

chachee52
04-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Need any pallets for fire?
I got lucky, looks like the weather forecast I posted ~ 2 weeks ago was a good one for this weekend. Should be decent.
http://weather.boston.cbslocal.com/US/MA/Boston/KBOS.html
I'll be there in am. Let me know on pallets.

I shouldn't need any wood. I have a little portable fire pit (not enough room for a big bon fire). I got a good amount of wood that has fallen in the last few years built up.

ToplessPony94
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I hope to be there by around 10-ish at the latest Todd. I might even have my car back by then and may decide to drive it over if conditions are decent and the car is at least somewhat presentable. I'll probably be picking it up that morning.

ToplessPony94
04-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, it's almost done, but the alignment is in progress and the pinion seal still needs doing, so I won't be bringing it tomorrow. But possibly I'll be trying to beg a ride over to pick it up later in the day. My wife's car will also be in the shop tomorrow, so she may be dropping me off and taking my DD for the day. We were supposed to be driving hers over and leaving in my Stang. Nothing ever goes according to plan, right?

:rolleyes:

chachee52
04-06-2013, 07:09 AM
HOLY windy this AM! I don't think that i will be trying to have a fire after unless this calms down A LOT.
Jen is very excited about getting heat, even though everyone else is confused about why I need heat when it's a convertable.
Heading out to get Top Donuts soon and look forward to not opening up a "can of worms". It should be a fun day and goot time to hang out, get things done, and for me, learn more about how my car works.
Fingers crossed

LILBLKSNAKE
04-06-2013, 05:28 PM
All I have to say is- Jim had his COBRA out today!!!! Black is Fast club in the house!!!
Had fun today guys!!
Thanks for the donuts Bruce!!

Dennis O'Shea
04-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh hell was that today

All I have to say is- Jim had his COBRA out today!!!! Black is Fast club in the house!!!
Had fun today guys!!
Thanks for the donuts Bruce!!

chachee52
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks to George, ED, Bruce, Jim, and my neighbor Ray for coming over and working on the car. Got my radio all worked out so now I have an FM modulator for my XM and can play my XM and MP3 through tthe radio.
The heater on the other hand didn't turn out so well. It kind of came out of the car in 7 peices. I still can't believe that the way it came out of the factory was with cardboard peice with metal pieces. So a nice big hole in the firewall now, I still say that should be enough heat coming off the engine to keep Jen warm. I don't know what her issue is?
Thanks again, stay tuned for next installment when the heat box arrives, then we get to work on the breaks!

LILBLKSNAKE
04-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks again, stay tuned for next installment when the heat box arrives, then we get to work on the breaks!

If all my stereo wiring catches fire Jenn will have plenty of heat!!

ToplessPony94
04-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Yes, today was fun and good to get together with you guys and to meet Ray. None of us (except George, who knew) could believe that the heat ducting was cardboard! And, yes, with metal pieces attached! I had to leave early to go get my car (which ended up not happening) so I guess I missed the truffles. :( And somehow ED managed not to set his pants on fire this time. :p

Todd, at least you have your car! I never got mine back today. All of the tough stuff like welding, etc. is done, but Mike never got to align it. And nobody aligns my car like Mike, so I'm willing to wait. He does what I want, not what the book says! I'll probably get it back Tuesday morning.

390gtconv
04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Oh but didn't someone (Ian or Jibber) get a pic of Ed holding something in the engine bay???

LILBLKSNAKE
04-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh but didn't someone (Ian or Jibber) get a pic of Ed holding something in the engine bay???

You mean the crap from the intake?? That was Todd with the picture

390gtconv
04-07-2013, 07:08 AM
You mean the crap from the intake?? That was Todd with the picture

YES. Not posting? Don't give a crap?

chachee52
04-07-2013, 08:16 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc63/chachee52/0406131253.jpg

His poop seems have gotten bigger since the first time he crapped in my car
This Pic is back in 2008 when he crapped in my intake (or was it Jay, it could have been both)
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc63/chachee52/IMG_0395.jpg

LILBLKSNAKE
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
The fact that you saved a picture of my rear end from 2008 is really creepy

chachee52
04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
This is going to sound really bad, but here it goes....
I had to dig really deep for it:eek:

TorchredSVT
04-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Todd.....totally my bad...completely spaced this on saturday. Sorry bro!!

looks like you got some progress made though

chachee52
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Todd.....totally my bad...completely spaced this on saturday. Sorry bro!!

looks like you got some progress made though

It's all good, we will have a day to install the heating box when it comes in. Just as Long as ED's "fix" doesn't eplode the car first.

ToplessPony94
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
It's all good, we will have a day to install the heating box when it comes in. Just as Long as ED's "fix" doesn't eplode the car first.

Make sure you keep an eye on ED. You don't want to give him a chance to crap in your heater box!

chachee52
04-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks to George and ED's MAJOR help yesterday, Jen finally can not complain about how I keep the top down all the time and she's cold.
The heater was finished yesterday. Some modifications had to be made because some of the parts didn't quite match and the cables weren't exactly the right length either. Probably won't be buying from Mustang Unlimited anymore because this isn't the first time parts weren't right from them.
Anyway, Thank you guys so much and many truffles are owed to you!!!

390gtconv
04-22-2013, 08:11 AM
A pleasure to help a classic stang'er.

TorchredSVT
04-22-2013, 08:50 AM
sweet...was good to hang out yesterday!

chachee52
04-22-2013, 05:27 PM
sweet...was good to hang out yesterday!
Any time you want to come over and hang out, my door is always over.

TorchredSVT
04-23-2013, 02:55 PM
don't you worry, you'll be hearing from me