PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary LOGO?

Jibber
03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Any word or working draft of the proposed LOGO for our 25th???

Been NO futhur discussions on this at least on the forums. You FB users could be all over this for all I know.
Don't forget us forum only guys if that is the case.

390gtconv
03-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Yea, would like to see a draft of it.

Dennis O'Shea
03-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Its Been on Face Book for a week now it looks great A lotta Black in it

390gtconv
03-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Its Been on Face Book for a week now it looks great A lotta Black in it
GOOD, now post it on the CLUB forum for those of us that don't have time for the silly drama facebook stuff.

Dennis O'Shea
03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I Don't have that Authority to do that

GOOD, now post it on the CLUB forum for those of us that don't have time for the silly drama facebook stuff.

Jibber
03-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I Don't have that Authority to do that

I thought you were the Jr. Prez?

ToplessPony94
03-03-2013, 10:19 AM

YES! Lots of us are not on Facebook. Please keep us in the loop! Facebook is NOT the official club forum!

Dennis O'Shea
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM
In fact I am looking to get my jacket and sweatshirt next week

chachee52
03-03-2013, 12:27 PM
If we can get an order before Carlisle that would be awsome!!! I'm still up for a fleese vest and it would be cool to walk around Carlisle with the club's logo on. Unless it's as warm as the first time I went, then the thong will be on order!!!

notquiteashelby
03-03-2013, 01:14 PM
There is no draft up anywhere. Not even Facebook. There isn't even much on Facebook except reminders for upcoming events.

Dennis O'Shea
03-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I Just got finished looking at it and sent it to my friend Jibber

whtmare
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
All set with face book also.. I can find my hommies right here yo like big papa oshea. And jib jabbin jibber I think we all have cabin fever lol

rhoidahl
03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
I think Dennis is jerking everyone's chain -- again; I haven't seen any "draft" of the new logo yet...

notquiteashelby
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
I think Dennis is jerking everyone's chain -- again; I haven't seen any "draft" of the new logo yet...

It's still being worked on.

Dennis O'Shea
03-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh sure its always Dennis. Pick On Dennis Nothing else better to do on a winter's day Than to pick on the old Guy

TorchredSVT
03-05-2013, 08:50 AM
no drama on the NHMC facebook page, never has been and never will be

390gtconv
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
no drama on the NHMC facebook page, never has been and never will be

Ian, I meant Facebook as a whole. The dumb & stupid stuff that gets posted, no time for.

Dennis O'Shea
03-05-2013, 09:02 AM
That stupid stuff like the Club 25th anniversary logo thats stupid or is it dumb

Ian, I meant Facebook as a whole. The dumb & stupid stuff that gets posted, no time for.

390gtconv
03-05-2013, 09:32 AM
That stupid stuff like the Club 25th anniversary logo thats stupid or is it dumb

You didn't punctuate your sentence, so is that a statement or question? Either way answer no!!
And since I DID refer to Facebook as a WHOLE, I rest my case. :cool:

Dennis O'Shea
03-05-2013, 11:40 AM
I rest my case you are just getting to grumpy in your old age.:D:p:D

You didn't punctuate your sentence, so is that a statement or question? Either way answer no!!
And since I DID refer to Facebook as a WHOLE, I rest my case. :cool:

SVT10th
03-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Not to stray off-topic, but these kind of sum up Facebook for me.

http://cloudfront4.bostinno.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/facebook-comic.jpg

http://demianlabs.com/lab/wp-content/uploads/facebook-01.gif

http://getfile9.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/carolewaihai/cxaJqpclvqBzxDzvesAgzrmsvamGrjEewyJwkimuFhlmAbgBHp hmxBysdpFB/media_httpwwwethannon_cEqHD.jpg.scaled500.jpg

ToplessPony94
03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Great one, Jim! My sentiments exactly. We can't avoid being the "target" in targeted marketing, but we CAN avoid being the "product". I choose to do so. Others can do as they wish with my blessing.

Dennis O'Shea
03-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I am curious are you and Jim On Twitter

ToplessPony94
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I am curious are you and Jim On Twitter

NO WAY! World's biggest time-waster. Don't have enough time in the day already! I don't need to know about everyone else's potty breaks!

TorchredSVT
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
well, i won't turn this thread into a big facebook or twitter discussion.....but I will say that Facebook is what you make of it. If you choose to get caught up bullshit, you'll drown in it.

Twitter is the same way. I have found twitter to be a very useful tool and has helped me get out of a few jams and get information WAY quicker than traditional media outlets

SVT10th
03-05-2013, 03:18 PM
well, i won't turn this thread into a big facebook or twitter discussion.....but I will say that Facebook is what you make of it. If you choose to get caught up bullshit, you'll drown in it.

Twitter is the same way. I have found twitter to be a very useful tool and has helped me get out of a few jams and get information WAY quicker than traditional media outlets

I do use Twitter. It's a very useful tool as a "news feed". I follow local news, industry trends and some journalists who report on various topics of personal interest. I don't send tweets though, because I'm not self-involved enough to think that I'm important in my industry or area of expertise where my knowledge is unique or extraordinary.

Facebook: I did legitimately try for a while. But by the time you lock down the security, filtering and "friending" to where you've excluded the chaff, there's very little wheat left -- and certainly nothing I can't get elsewhere. (and without adding to Mark Zuckerbergs wallet.)
It seems to swing between extremes of drama or inanity.
I've pretty much twitter-ized it now. Facebook sends me messages when someone posts something in a couple of distinct areas (like NHMC area). I rarely actually log in.

chachee52
03-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm not a TWIT

Dennis O'Shea
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
The vote on this question is ongoing watch for the results :D

I'm not a TWIT

Jibber
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Whats going on with the Logo?

I would like to have a jacket this spring and for Carlisle.

Instead of wasting our time on the FB vs. Forum discussion, we should focus our efforts on getting this going.

Are we going to choose between a few? Will we see an advanced copy? Or, will it be just presented as here you go?
Thanks.

Dennis O'Shea
03-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I Know its getting close.But like you I have no idea when it will be done

Whats going on with the Logo?

I would like to have a jacket this spring and for Carlisle.

Instead of wasting our time on the FB vs. Forum discussion, we should focus our efforts on getting this going.

Are we going to choose between a few? Will we see an advanced copy? Or, will it be just presented as here you go?
Thanks.

TorchredSVT
03-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Rick had a completed rendering of the logo he showed me at the WOW show.

It's coming..........

and kevin, quit your belly achin. The internet is for argueing...DUH :)

Dennis O'Shea
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM
So what does it look like and are you happy with it Or is this also Top Secret also.Kevin you went to the show and didn't get to see it I guess your just not in the inner circle.Again if its done why hasn't it been posted for us to see it Or do we not have a Yea or Nea on the Logo. Or is what we see is what we get Just Me Belly Achin

Rick had a completed rendering of the logo he showed me at the WOW show.

It's coming..........

and kevin, quit your belly achin. The internet is for argueing...DUH :)

390gtconv
03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
ya a "vote on page poll" would be nice. Member only vote.:p

Dennis O'Shea
03-26-2013, 12:16 PM
I Like it that Idea

ya a "vote on page poll" would be nice. Member only vote.:p

ToplessPony94
03-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I Like it that Idea

Me, too. Seems like a lot of recent decisions have not involved the club members at all. Would be good to do that. It may be a really cool, great logo (hope so!), but let's see it and vote.

Jibber
03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
No I didn't get a chance to see it at WOW. I was only there for a short amount of time though. I was with my brother and some of his friends so unfortunately, I felt a little rushed.
I guess we will have to wait and see what we are going to get.

nhmcpres
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Doing the final tweek, will post soon,

rhoidahl
03-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Enough with the "Top Secret" crap; we did not see the final version at WOW. As soon as it's ready, it will be posted for all to see...

TorchredSVT
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
lol you guys are worse than a bunch of 12 year old girls!!

I am starting another thread now with a final of the logo.