PDA

View Full Version : Kimball Farm Cruise-In's

Jays66gt
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Rte 124 in Jaffrey
5-9pm Every Wednesday
June-Sept.

Monadnock Oldies Car Club hosts.
Your car must be pre-1980 or so. The grassed lot gets full fast and they will turn newer cars away. I've seen upwards of 200 cars here.

No fee, great food and ice cream. It's worth the drive folks.

Jibber
02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Love their Ice Cream!!!!!!

KillaGT
02-24-2013, 02:53 AM
Not in Lancaster again this year?

chachee52
02-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Not in Lancaster again this year?

They have always had both. They actually used to have the three of them, Westford on Thursday night, but the son has other plans for that field I guess. Lancaster is on Friday nights now.

Jays66gt
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure of the Lancaster site. I think it's Friday nights.

TorchredSVT
02-25-2013, 08:57 AM
They have always had both. They actually used to have the three of them, Westford on Thursday night, but the son has other plans for that field I guess. Lancaster is on Friday nights now.

Kimballs farm cruise night in westford was cancelled because who ever organized that cruise night was a total jackass. I won't waste your time with the entire story, but lets just say he was a jerk to his customers and people stopped coming. After a while attendance was so poor they decided to cancel the cruise night all together.

Now they have plans to turn that lot into go-karts. Good riddance!!

chachee52
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Kimballs farm cruise night in westford was cancelled because who ever organized that cruise night was a total jackass. I won't waste your time with the entire story, but lets just say he was a jerk to his customers and people stopped coming. After a while attendance was so poor they decided to cancel the cruise night all together.

Now they have plans to turn that lot into go-karts. Good riddance!!

Not getting into a whole debate of why, but it WAS because the son's planned on developing that land. I am aware and was part of the bad running of the event, but I have it from an inside source that's the reason.

TorchredSVT
02-25-2013, 02:33 PM
well that's interesting to hear, considering the cruise night hasn't been around for about 4 years and that lot is just used for parking.

the whole thing is sad really

chachee52
02-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Agreed! I loved going to that show, lots of different types of cars at it's hayday. I think that techniquely they stopped only 2 years ago, but everyone stopped going 4 years ago.
Plus if you know Westford, it takes forever for them to accept any type of proposal for land use. So its not that suprising.
I do miss it and had planned to head down to Lancaster a couple times last year, but everytime I did there were storms in the area.