PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl commercials

SVT10th
02-04-2013, 08:04 AM
So what did you think was the best one?

I liked the Doritos goat (http://www.doritosgoat.com/)..
As usual, GoDaddy ads were inane.

And does anyone agree with me that Beyonce's show was terrible? The internet buzz says she was great, but to me there was just no energy.
(And not just cause I don't like her music, there have been several SB halftime shows that I didn't like the bands, but the "show" was still good.

Dennis O'Shea
02-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I Liked the Paul Harvey Farm Commercial Also Liked the Goat,As far as the half Time Show haven't seen a good one in a long time Thought Alicia Keys did a good job But for me nothing came close To Jennifer Hudson And the Kids from NewTown I thought that was great

TorchredSVT
02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
there were some pretty good commercials

I liked the best buy commercial with amy poller and i thought the trailer for fast and furious 6 looked promising

As for beyonce, it was a pretty lame half time show. But in todays world of being PC and offending no one, we should just come to expect vanilla moving forward.

ToplessPony94
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
I thought Beyonce's show was awful. But then, she doesn't do anything for me and never has. And Alicia Keys anthem just dragged. Why do people think the have to screw with the national anthem - just do it straight up and leave it alone already. Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook kids were just inspiring - hands down the best of the musical events.

GoDaddy was in very poor taste as usual. My favorites were a very close tie between the M&M spot and the Clydesdales. If I was forced to pick one it would be M&Ms. I though most of the rest were silly or rambling and unfocused.

390gtconv
02-04-2013, 11:40 AM
I turned the whole game off just before half time. Thought game & commercials sucked. Storage Wars was more exciting!

rhoidahl
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I turned the whole game off just before half time. Thought game & commercials sucked. Storage Wars was more exciting!

George -- you missed a great second half; despite the 35 minute power outage. I didn't think the half time show was very good, I don't remember the last one that I was really impressed with. And I didn't care for Alisha Keyes version of the Star Spangled Banner. She took so much time between the verses on the first half of the song that I thought she was stopping (or maybe another power outage affected her microphone). The kids chorus from CT with Jennifer Hudson was without a doubt the best part of the show. Favorite commercial -- the one early on with the dog slobber spraying on to the windshield. Seriously, the Clydesdale commercial was good, Budweiser usually does pretty good.

chachee52
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I didn't really like many of the comercials. Then again, I might not have been watching them that closely (other things on my mind)
Just read that Keys Nationalo Anthem broke the record for longest rendition at the Super Bowl. Anyone that picked the under was stupid!! Was also suprised, I only noticed them showing "dad" Haubaugh twice, which was under the bets!!
All and all, good game, some very questional non-calls at the end and in the middle during the fight (did anyone else notice a Raven's player push the ref which should have been an ejection?)