PDA

View Full Version : Mustangs Unlimited

chachee52
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Has anyone ever been to the actual store in CT?
I'm thinking about taking a trip down in the next couple of weeks just to get out of the house, but also I'm looking at new steering wheels. Either a wood one or just to replace the original one. The problem that I have is that I'm a person that has to see and put my hands on thigns before I buy it, so i was going to take a trip down to see what they have.
Anyone can tag along if they want, not sure exactly when I'm going but it will be before Spring so i can get the car ready to drive to Carlisle.

rhoidahl
01-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I've been there once, probably 8 or 9 years ago. If I remember correctly, it's a small showroom on the front side of their warehouse...

390gtconv
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Been there a few times. When I was doing my 67 resto and needed a big part, I'd drive there to not only save on shipping but to check on the quality. Over the years that place has changed people a lot and not the same knowledgeable people there.

FYI my son Chris just bought a new house down near there in Plainfield CT. Stop by. About 1/2 away from him I think.

ToplessPony94
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Todd, I would be interested in keeping you company on the trip if I don't have a prior commitment when you decide to go. I've never been their either, though I was tempted to stop by a few weeks ago when I went to Danbury.

chachee52
01-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah, you can come. I'll let you know when I'm thinking, maybe when the first Pizza meeting post stated it was, Feb 10th weekend? But honestly, it will probably be in March the way things are going around here.

ToplessPony94
01-27-2013, 11:02 AM
OK, good! The only weekend until Ed Day that I know of that I can't make it is the President's day weekend of 2/16,17,18. Looking forward to it!

fredfordguy
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
They have moved probably about 4 or 5 years ago, the new place has a much bigger showroom. It's only about a couple miles off from I-84.

TorchredSVT
01-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Yeap + 1.....I have yet to be to the new facility...but they have several shows a season with good turn out. Some time I'd like to make it to the new facility for a show just to change up the scenery a little bit

chachee52
01-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Yeap + 1.....I have yet to be to the new facility...but they have several shows a season with good turn out. Some time I'd like to make it to the new facility for a show just to change up the scenery a little bit

Agreed with going to one of the shows, except heard its not a huge parking lot and it fills up quick. I am not a morning guy and don't think that its worth starting the trip at 6am to go. But that's just me, I HATE mornings!!!

390gtconv
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Agreed with going to one of the shows, except heard its not a huge parking lot and it fills up quick. I am not a morning guy and don't think that its worth starting the trip at 6am to go. But that's just me, I HATE mornings!!!
Call my son Chris. We could stay at his place, then 1/2hr ride. hmmmm

chachee52
01-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Call my son Chris. We could stay at his place, then 1/2hr ride. hmmmm

Done!
Club meeting at Chris's this summer!!