PDA

View Full Version : MECUM Auction

rhoidahl
01-25-2013, 05:12 PM
If anyone is watching the MECUM auction tomorrow, there is a 1969 Black Boss 429 crossing the auction line at some point; unrestored; only 8000 original miles. The car is just gorgeous (even though it is black). They say this one might set a record sale price for any Mustang sold at auction...:)

Dennis O'Shea
01-25-2013, 05:21 PM
I Have been watching off and on all week There has been some nice rides at some good prices.And yes I will be watching tomorrow Being Black will help to put it over the top

chachee52
01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
It probably won't sell. It's Mecum!! I watched it for about 30 min today and I think I saw one car actually sell. Looked like a low turn out in the arena as well. I think that it's bad timing to have it this close to Barret Jackson. Most of the "big buyers" just went there.

LILBLKSNAKE
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I wonder if Jibber will bid on it, we would probably all pitch in and help him pay for it if he ditched the French's Mustard bottle he drives now

SikkZ28
01-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Sold $417, 000! Same collector had another with 4k on the odometer didn't sell

TorchredSVT
01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
yup, and funny, there was a burgundy one, all original with half the mileage that sold for half the price. Guess the color black was worth 200k to someone

Dennis O'Shea
01-28-2013, 08:51 AM
It just in forces what I have been saying To get real Beauty you Gotta Pay For it That guy did get in touch with ED And I and beg us to let him in the BLACK IS FAST CLUB
yup, and funny, there was a burgundy one, all original with half the mileage that sold for half the price. Guess the color black was worth 200k to someone

Jibber
01-28-2013, 03:01 PM

It just goes to show that I've been right all along. Black car owners have a missing link somewhere in their DNA. They are one step above the caveman. Just look at O'Shea and ED. Large foreheads. Knuckles dragging at cruise nights. It's crazy.