PDA

View Full Version : Next Breakfast Date

rhoidahl
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
How about on Saturday 2/02 at 9:00?? Cityside Grill in Concord?? Five out of five star rating for breakfast.

Cityside Grille
25 Manchester ST
Concord, NH 03301
:)

ToplessPony94
01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm out unless it's in the Hudson/Nashua area. :( Super Bowl weekend is pretty full-up at this house. I'd go there another time, though. :)

rhoidahl
01-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Any other thoughts?? Maybe not a good day?? This is Superbowl weekend, maybe it would be better to move this to the next weekend 2/09, 2/10????

ToplessPony94
01-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Any other thoughts?? Maybe not a good day?? This is Superbowl weekend, maybe it would be better to move this to the next weekend 2/09, 2/10????

Sounds better to me! :) :cool:

whtmare
01-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Whatever works guys I'm there.

chachee52
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
I had some plans on the back burner for 2/2 and just found out this AM that we will be going away so that weekend I'm out. The weekend after might be ok with me.

Dennis O'Shea
01-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Can't make it that weekend Thats the Saturday the Black Is Fast Club has there breakfast And I Can't miss it if you know what I mean

Dennis O'Shea
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Well you don't have to worry about a conflict with the Super Bowl Because the Pats Aren't in it GOOOOOOOO RAVENS

chachee52
01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Well you don't have to worry about a conflict with the Super Bowl Because the Pats Aren't in it GOOOOOOOO RAVENS

Wow, that's a brave post for a New England group!!!

Dennis O'Shea
01-21-2013, 06:18 PM
I am a die hard Sox.s And Bruins fan But just Plain hate the Pats And anyone who beats them is my team
Wow, that's a brave post for a New England group!!!

rhoidahl
01-21-2013, 08:22 PM
There doesn't appear to be much interest in a breakfast together next month. As we have our annual pizza meeting (either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in Feb), maybe we should skip a breakfast meeting and wait until early March. Any thoughts????

Bob Comire
01-22-2013, 08:49 AM
It will be impossible to have a date that everyone can make or be happy with. The last breakfast had 17 people attend, so there is pretty good interest. This thread only has had about 4 - 5 responders, the rest wait and see where it ends up and then show up. I think if you set a time / place there will be a good turn out. Thanks for organizing this.

ToplessPony94
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Yes, Randy. Thank you very much for putting your time into making these happen. I would do my best to make February if it happens on the 9/10 weekend.

I have a suggestion for another spot that I think would work well. The Estabrook Grill in Nashua. They serve all of their menus (breakfast, lunch, dinner) all day long. They not only serve fantastic breakfasts, they have what everyone I know who has been there agrees is the best coffee on the planet. They would have no trouble accommodating a group of us as long as we give them notice.

http://www.estabrookgrill.com/ (For some reason their breakfast menu doesn't seem to be working at the moment.)

rhoidahl
01-27-2013, 08:50 PM
How about on Saturday 2/02 at 9:00?? Cityside Grill in Concord?? Five out of five star rating for breakfast.

Cityside Grille
25 Manchester ST
Concord, NH 03301
:)

CHANGE IN PLANS as a number of people can't do Saturday; so we'll try for Sunday morning - same time, same place...

Dennis O'Shea
01-28-2013, 08:18 AM
You have made this way to complicated You Pick a Date time place Its not going to fit every ones schedule.Thats why you have it every month If they can make it Ok If not maybe next month You make it one month on Saturday one on Sunday When you get to the week of the breakfast see what you have for a response If it Poor you cancel it till next month.Its the way the Cobra club runs it and it works out very well

Jibber
01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
You have made this way to complicated You Pick a Date time place Its not going to fit every ones schedule.Thats why you have it every month If they can make it Ok If not maybe next month You make it one month on Saturday one on Sunday When you get to the week of the breakfast see what you have for a response If it Poor you cancel it till next month.Its the way the Cobra club runs it and it works out very well

:confused::confused: What he said.

Also, Dennis suggested to make it really simple. Just say that it will be on the second Saturday of EVERY month. If you can make it great. If not, see you next month.
It makes it easy that way for planning on everyones part.
I'm sure we will continue to fine tune this event as time goes on.
We can always start to bring the kids, Grandkids, Uncles and aunts and really make it a family event.
Thoughts?

Dennis O'Shea
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Hey Don't forget the Dog And Cat

:confused::confused: What he said.

Also, Dennis suggested to make it really simple. Just say that it will be on the second Saturday of EVERY month. If you can make it great. If not, see you next month.
It makes it easy that way for planning on everyones part.
I'm sure we will continue to fine tune this event as time goes on.
We can always start to bring the kids, Grandkids, Uncles and aunts and really make it a family event.
Thoughts?

ToplessPony94
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM

Sounds fair to me, including the day alternation. Make variations on the date only to avoid scheduled club events. (And ED Day of course!)

rhoidahl
01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
All good suggestions. But, this month has been a bit difficult to set up. Originally the thought was to not meet on Superbowl weekend, but as the date for the Pizza meeting was still up in the air, it was decided to stick with our original plan of meeting for breakfast during the first weekend of the month; that's easy for everyone to remember. At one point, we thought of alternating Sat and Sun; but MANY more people cannot make it on Sat than people who cannot make it on Sun. And as there was not much response to having Feb's get together on Sat, it was decided to go to Sun.
That being said, we do need to keep this as simple as possible for everyone to remember. So my thought is we keep it for the first SUNDAY of the month through April. Once cruise nights start up in May, we may not continue the breakfast meetings, picking them up again when cruise night season ends in October.
So, I this OK with everyone, at least for the next three months????

ToplessPony94
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Fine with me, Randy! I'm still out if it's Super Bowl Sunday. I don't have time to drive to Concord and back and still have everything ready before the SB starts.

chachee52
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
I agree, but I am still unable to go that weekend either. I don't mind driving around trying new places, it's just I'm busy that weekend.