PDA

View Full Version : Good News, Bad News

rhoidahl
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Good News -- New Nitto tires came in day and they are now on the front of the car. :)

Bad News -- Think I have a fuel line leak. Clues - gas leaking out when engine is running, took 1/2 tank of gas to drive to Town Fair Tire and back, only about 20 miles, very strong smell of gasoline, a noticeable trail in back of the car. :(

Looks like I don't get to drive the car this ... ... ... :mad:

chachee52
11-22-2012, 07:55 AM
I had a gas leak for a long time with my car!!!! There was a leak under the drivers seat for at least a year or two before I fixed it. It's just gas........ what could go wrong?

HEHEHEHEHEHE

LILBLKSNAKE
11-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I just had Dan at Southern NH Undercar make me all new braided stainless fuel lines for the 94. Not going to mess with fuel issues!!

Jibber
11-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Wow!!! You should take it back to the seller and demand a refund.. LOL

I hope it's an easy fix. Have you talked to Rick about it?

rhoidahl
11-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Good News, Bad News Update -- went out and started the Cobra to see where the gas leak was; and gas was gushing from the #3 cylinder right at the fuel injector. Hope it's just the fuel injector that needs to be replaced.

390gtconv
11-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Yup easy to replace injector with the "O" ring that sits on top. Hardest thing to do is pull fuell rail out. Injectors just pull right out.

07GTCS
11-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I had similar issue with the 07, when you pull injector inspect "O" rings. Mine had a defect, replaced, no issue since. I bought the "O" rings from ford, had to buy a bag of them, if same as yours call me and I'll give to you.

rhoidahl
11-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Many, many thanks to Prez Rick for taking time today to drive 40 minutes to my house in Derry to fix the problem. Gas was gushing out of the #3 cylinder fuel injector. Rick took the O rings out, and replaced them even though they looked OK. Started the car up, no leak noticed !!!!

THANKS AGAIN RICK....:D

MY-S281
11-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Many, many thanks to Prez Rick for taking time today to drive 40 minutes to my house in Derry to fix the problem. Gas was gushing out of the #3 cylinder fuel injector. Rick took the O rings out, and replaced them even though they looked OK. Started the car up, no leak noticed !!!!

THANKS AGAIN RICK....:D

Glad to hear it was a quick fix !! The Prez always takes care of his people for sure !!

LILBLKSNAKE
11-24-2012, 02:58 PM
The Prez always takes care of his people for sure !!

We have a great Prez and Vice Prez for sure!!!
Thanks to both of you for everything you do to keep NHMC running strong (with no gas leaks) hahahahaha Love you guys!!!

whtmare
11-24-2012, 03:28 PM
We have a great Prez and Vice Prez for sure!!!
Thanks to both of you for everything you do to keep NHMC running strong (with no gas leaks) hahahahaha Love you guys!!! +1 and we cant forget our resident journalist ed!

LILBLKSNAKE
11-24-2012, 04:04 PM
+1 and we cant forget our resident journalist ed!

I guess that's better than my former title of Resident Retard

SVT10th
11-25-2012, 10:56 AM
+1 and we cant forget our resident journalist ed!

Ed won't let us forget.... :)

Randy, glad the fuel leak was fixed with no major problems. Hooray for Rick!

rhoidahl
11-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Yup, car is all set; took it to Henniker earlier today to take my daughter to lunch (Bradford Junction Restaurant) -- car ran great (especially in that cold air), no sign of any gas leaks. THANKS AGAIN, RICK...

TorchredSVT
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
phew randy....that is good to hear

Were those the stock injectors by chance? Was the o-ring noticibly worn? Curious why that one decided to fail..........

rhoidahl
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't believe they were the stock injectors, I think Rick upgraded them when he built the car . The O rings did not look cracked or worn, but the leak stopped when the new O rings were installed.