PDA

View Full Version : Guess who is having another recall?

390gtconv
11-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Toyota
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49816375/ns/business-autos

When will people learn Toyota quality isn't what it used to be.

ToplessPony94
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Interesting. I guess mine may be covered in the recall. On the other hand, mine also now has 75K on it and is just a month shy of 4 years old and the only maintenance it has required in that time is oil changes and filling the washer fluid, and it still runs and feels like a new car. Unless you want to also count the fog light that was replaced after being smashed by a flying rock and the silly recall that cut a little material off the gas pedal, which I didn't need since I had long since replaced the original mats with WeatherTech. That being said, I have to say I've never had Toyota on a pedestal. They are a manufacturer of product, and quite capable of mistakes and errors just like any other manufacturer. I bought a Prius because of my commute and no other reason. If my old Exploder got 45mpg I'd still own it!

Jibber
11-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Thats what happens when you become the biggest at anything. Walmart = at one time the most sued company in the world. Toyota = manufacturing issues. I'm sure the list goes on and on. Sometimes too big is not good. "too big to fail", Fed gov't.......
My wifes toyota Sienna has a rattle in it. Has had it since practically day one. Noone can find it. It has to be between the dash and engine compartment. Also, (not manufacturing related) but the dealer porked me on the key fobs. Wanted to charge me $100 bucks to reprogram the fobs that would take literally less than 5 minutes.
Once her van has run its course I'm going in a different direction.

TorchredSVT
11-15-2012, 09:23 AM
hahaha I lost my keys on my old mustang once

ford charged me $250 bucks for two keys, two fobs and reprogramming of both

LILBLKSNAKE
11-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I remember the good old days when all you needed to start a car was a flat-head screwdriver