PDA

View Full Version : helpfull hints thread

whtmare
11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
post up something that you guys have learned while doing a job that could help another member out!! my first one is the fishing line trick to remove anything on your car that was put on with 2 sided tape such as wings, fender emblems etc. get under it with the line and slowly saw away a little goo gone or bug and tar remover in there and this tip works awesome and does not scratch your paint!

LILBLKSNAKE
11-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I buy a big pack of the cheap knit gloves, just make sure they are soft and put on one glove then use my fingers to scrub in between the spokes of my FR500 wheels!!

whtmare
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I buy a big pack of the cheap knit gloves, just make sure they are soft and put on one glove then use my fingers to scrub in between the spokes of my FR500 wheels!! like it ed keep them coming guys!

chachee52
11-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Never invite ED into your house, he'll never leave and will want truffles all the time!!!!

LILBLKSNAKE
11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Never invite ED into your house, he'll never leave and will want truffles all the time!!!!

That's not a good tip!!

SVT10th
11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Tired of white, powdery oxidized aluminum under-hood parts?

Wipe them down with rag dampened with a little tire-shine. It will remove the oxidation and keeps the oxidation from returning for months.
A WORD OF WARNING: This will turn the aluminum a dark gray color from the light silvery-gray of normal aluminum parts. Try it somewhere inconspicuous first to see if you like it.

Jibber
11-14-2012, 01:23 PM

Thread jacker!!!! :(

This is good stuff. Keep this going. Sharing best practices is a great idea.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM
If you wash your micro fibers NEVER use fabric softener, the combination of not softening the fabric and the static it sometimes creates helps pick up more dust!!

ToplessPony94
11-14-2012, 09:54 PM
If you wash your micro fibers NEVER use fabric softener, the combination of not softening the fabric and the static it sometimes creates helps pick up more dust!!

Totally right! Softener is very bad news for microfiber. Griot's garage sells an additive that you use along with luandry detergent that does a fantastic job of cleaning and softening microfiber and foam pads.

SVT10th
11-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Totally right! Softener is very bad news for microfiber. Griot's garage sells an additive that you use along with luandry detergent that does a fantastic job of cleaning and softening microfiber and foam pads.

Or you can just use a few tablespoons of vinegar in the bleach or fabric softener cycle of your washer.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Or you can just use a few tablespoons of vinegar in the bleach or fabric softener cycle of your washer.

I heard that too, but wasn't sure if it was true

ToplessPony94
11-15-2012, 12:25 PM

Tried it. It certainly helps. IMHO the Griot's stuff works better.

SVT10th
11-16-2012, 11:48 AM
It works for me I've got microfibers that I've been using for several seasons. I'll have to try the griots stuff.....

I'm murder on buffer pads though -- not sure even the Griots can save them.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Helpful hint- Whenever you go by OShea's house lay on the horn for 15-20 seconds while leaving rubber for at least 1/8th mile