PDA

View Full Version : Quechee Falls VT.

Jibber
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Anyone ever cruise up to Quechee Falls VT? Its about 15 minutes West of West Lebanon NH. I drive by there for work and it looks like it would be a great place to cruise up to in the Stangs. Check it out online. Perhaps we can add it to the calender next year.

ToplessPony94
11-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I cruised to Quechee, but not in my Stang. Was an OK cruise, didn't do anything but look at the gorge for a few minutes - wasn't impressed with that, but didn't look into anything else. Cruised up to Stowe (that's about 75 minutes farther) in the Stang a few times. Very nice ride with the benefit of Ben & Jerry's headquarters at the end and a few other things. There's a weekend each year that they do the Stoweflake Balloon Festival and we took a nice balloon ride that time. There's also a British Invasion weekend where the usually draw about 1000 British cars from very vintage to modern - I have yet to get to that - maybe next year. Got sunburned as hell on the way home with the top down once!

whtmare
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
would love to and it will keep my wife happy plenty of rock shops up there walking across the gorge is insane

390gtconv
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Nice ride. I good thru there most every summer on my way To Lake George.

TorchredSVT
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I have driven by, went a few years back when a bunch of my friends rented a house in VT

was pretty cool and definitly beautifull place

there are ton's of places to go cruise in New England, we are lucky.

I think every year there should be a cruise to one new location to change things up a bit and make the season not so predictable

ToplessPony94
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I think every year there should be a cruise to one new location to change things up a bit and make the season not so predictable

I agree, and I know Lu Ann would like this, too. She complains that we just do the same things over and over every year.

Jibber
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I have driven by, went a few years back when a bunch of my friends rented a house in VT

was pretty cool and definitly beautifull place

there are ton's of places to go cruise in New England, we are lucky.

I agree as well. Last year really burned me out from Car shows. I will be focusing on 1.Cruise nights and 2.actually driving my car next summer. Don't like sweating my kiester off at a car show and then see a 2010 V6 mustang with the hood closed all day win a trophy. Who is the fool at that point?

whtmare
11-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I agree as well. Last year really burned me out from Car shows. I will be focusing on 1.Cruise nights and 2.actually driving my car next summer. Don't like sweating my kiester off at a car show and then see a 2010 V6 mustang with the hood closed all day win a trophy. Who is the fool at that point? got ya on that one kevin i was there aswell before i joined the club that was a joke thankfully all shows are not peer judgeing

390gtconv
11-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Perhaps those of us that go to xmas party can all through in a bunch of ideas and discuss. At least rule out where we wouldn't go to. For those that don't go to party put a mention in news ltter too.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-13-2012, 06:28 PM
I love Quiche' especially Bacon/Scallion Quiche'

390gtconv
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Are you then a man?

TorchredSVT
11-14-2012, 09:10 AM
I agree as well. Last year really burned me out from Car shows. I will be focusing on 1.Cruise nights and 2.actually driving my car next summer. Don't like sweating my kiester off at a car show and then see a 2010 V6 mustang with the hood closed all day win a trophy. Who is the fool at that point?

now you know why i didn't attend to many shows this year......

Jibber
11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
now you know why i didn't attend to many shows this year......

You were 120% correct on that one. I will do our clubs show and thats it for me......

The driving events are cool as it is awesome to see about 20-30 Mustangs on the road together at one time.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I go to the shows for the people, not the cars or the trophies any more.
Half the shows last year I either took my Jeep or my cars were dirty but I liked helping the new VP and El Presidente' and also seeing that grumpy old fart with the Swiffer!

fredfordguy
11-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Quite a few years ago the club organized a cruize to Queeche. We all hiked down to the river and slowly made our way back up. Had a great time. There's a nice covered bridge not far from there.

fredfordguy
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm hoping like heck to have a car to cruize around in next year.

Jibber
11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm hoping like heck to have a car to cruize around in next year.

Amen to that. Do you have an estimated completion date yet???

fredfordguy
11-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Amen to that. Do you have an estimated completion date yet???
I'm hoping {LOL} to have it for next summer, but have heard that before. Keeping my fingers crossed. Until then I'm gathering up some parts, just sent a set of stamped steel "Power by Ford" valve covers off to the chrome plater. If the body guy takes much longer, I will have enough parts to build a 2nd one.

SVT10th
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Perhaps those of us that go to xmas party can all through in a bunch of ideas and discuss. At least rule out where we wouldn't go to. For those that don't go to party put a mention in news ltter too.

Yes To This.
Get any ideas you have on the agenda for the February Pizza Meeting. The whole purpose of that meeting is to set the schedule for the coming season. For too many years, people just show up for the pizza and don't take an active part in suggesting new events. And then we wonder why we're doing the same events year in and year out.

Soapbox=on
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's a small core of active members in the club (most of whom are on this forum) who plan the events, set them up, and do most of the work. But there are plenty of others who go to the pizza meeting, agree to everything, and then complain that we don't do any new events.

If you want it to change, go to the Pizza Meeting and PARTICIPATE.
soapbox=off