PDA

View Full Version : 8th Annual ED DAY at New England Dragway "Charity Challenge"

LILBLKSNAKE
10-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Question-
Does everyone like the teams of 4 thing or should I just let everyone enter as individuals and pick their own charity?

I'm also making "Best Puppy" an official category, thanks to a heartfelt plea from last year's winner- MAX

"Hottest Sister" is being dropped, the joke is old now.

I also have approximately 6 months to convince Dennis and Jibber to make a "Black vs Yellow" Shootout.

Any other ideas?? Questions? Comments?

chachee52
10-21-2012, 09:07 PM
MAX was so happy when I just told him that he just laid there and kept snoring!!! Realy, that's him being excited, he does it every time I come home at night!
He will have to go find a new bandana for next year.

One suggestion from the cookers.... Don't anounce to the entire track that there is free food this year. And don't let the people cooking almost set the tent on fire this year either.

390gtconv
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Change "hottest Sister" to "Nicest Rear End". Then Let people figure that out.

Dennis O'Shea
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
How about the coolest OLD GUY with a BLACK CAR

LILBLKSNAKE
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
How about the coolest OLD GUY with a BLACK CAR

I think he just called the Prez OLD???

Dennis O'Shea
10-23-2012, 07:33 PM
HE'S NOT THAT OLD Although he looks really old
I think he just called the Prez OLD???

LILBLKSNAKE
10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
HE'S NOT THAT OLD Although he looks really old

I'm thinking of having the "Best Beaumont"

SVT10th
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm thinking of having the "Best Beaumont"

How about "Most Cantankerous Mustang Driver" (Cantankerous means grumpy, for those of you still working through Hooked On Phonics)

chachee52
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
How about "Most Cantankerous Mustang Driver" (Cantankerous means grumpy, for those of you still working through Hooked On Phonics)

Baaaahhhh Humbug

whtmare
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
umm thanks for clearing that one up jim i might have asked you

LILBLKSNAKE
10-25-2012, 10:22 AM

We'd have a 14 way tie

TorchredSVT
10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
not that I race...but i like the team aspect of it. With 64 racers, chances are you'd have people picking the same charities anyways........

maybe have the individuals just attach themselves to a charity instead of a team?

also, Todd...max is going to have some fierce competition this year. Sweet Dee and her sister Martini will most likely be in attendence :)

ToplessPony94
10-25-2012, 01:42 PM
not that I race...but i like the team aspect of it. With 64 racers, chances are you'd have people picking the same charities anyways........

I have to agree - the teams make it more fun and a bit less cut-throat, which is what Ed Day is about - fun. It also means there are people on your team definitely willing to help each other with problems, which I think encourages those of us (like me) who don't really drag race much to get out there.

maybe have the individuals just attach themselves to a charity instead of a team?

Maybe, but I still like the teams. And currently we have a rule that you can't run against your teammates. If too many individuals picked the same charity it would mess this up quite a bit. So far we've never had two members of the same team in the finals, either. I think the teams keep it more about the charities than the individual, which is the point of it.

Dennis O'Shea
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey I learned a big word myself this week "THANKSGIVING"

chachee52
10-25-2012, 09:09 PM
also, Todd...max is going to have some fierce competition this year. Sweet Dee and her sister Martini will most likely be in attendence :)

No bribing people with drinks!!!! Max is now offically old and he doesn't need to bribe people to win.

KillaGT
10-27-2012, 10:44 AM
when you scheduling date?

LILBLKSNAKE
10-27-2012, 06:01 PM
when you scheduling date?

One NE Dragway makes the schedule for 2013 I pick my day