PDA

View Full Version : winter projects thread

whtmare
10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
just bored so i thought id start a thread post, up your plans for the winter next for me is kooks longtubes and off road h pipe and im considering a rear wing delete!

ToplessPony94
10-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Nothing much for me this winter. Mostly just trying to get the rest of my life slowed down, dealt with and simplified after a horribly busy year this year. Hoping to make more events next year. Probably I'll just mount up a new fire extinguisher and finally finish off the appearance of the top edge of my rear seat delete.

Hoping to see some great projects in this thread from others! :cool:

rhoidahl
10-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Not doing much here either -- definitely will do the sequential tail lights and a new alarm system. Also considering a new combination stereo, GPS, I-touch player system. That might be a waste of money as I can't hear much over the exhaust system anyway...

whtmare
10-14-2012, 01:17 PM
ha ha gps is always a good idea..

Dennis O'Shea
10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Have the hood & front facia painted And put in the eco boost six cyclinder

SVT10th
10-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Have the hood & front facia painted And put in the eco boost six cyclinder

Judging by how you were driving on the way to Maine, the sixer might be faster.... http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/rofl.gif

Dennis O'Shea
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
OK I know Pick on the OLD GUY

Judging by how you were driving on the way to Maine, the sixer might be faster.... http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/rofl.gif

LILBLKSNAKE
10-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Getting the 94 ready for Outlaw...

S&W 8pt cage
3.73's
NOS 100-125 shot kit
BBK long tubes and off-road H-pipe
Kirkey racing seats
RAM HD clutch
Aluminum driveshaft
TKO or C4 tranny- just can't bring myself to go AUTO for a 12.50 class

Dennis O'Shea
10-15-2012, 07:05 PM
This must mean that the Wedding is off for another year? Tell me ED its not so
Getting the 94 ready for Outlaw...

S&W 8pt cage
3.73's
NOS 100-125 shot kit
BBK long tubes and off-road H-pipe
Kirkey racing seats
RAM HD clutch
Aluminum driveshaft
TKO or C4 tranny- just can't bring myself to go AUTO for a 12.50 class

chachee52
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Maybe have George over and get a working heating system, and get a stereo that a) doesn't reset every time I shut the car off and b) has an aux plug seeing that every good radio station has bee bought by Clear Channel
Other than that, change the oil rotate the tires and pat her every time I go in the garage.

rhoidahl
10-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Todd - just go to Home Depot, buy a small woodburning stove, and install it in place of the front passenger seat. That way you can stoke the fire while driving the car.

chachee52
10-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Todd - just go to Home Depot, buy a small woodburning stove, and install it in place of the front passenger seat. That way you can stoke the fire while driving the car.
Now there's an idea. Make it into a steam powered hybrid!!! SWEEEEEEET

LILBLKSNAKE
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
This must mean that the Wedding is off for another year? Tell me ED its not so

Just wait until the car needs a transmission or blows the motor :)

whtmare
10-16-2012, 09:32 PM
hey ed atleast you have a roll cage for protection now! lol

J
10-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Good thread whtmare:

My plans are posted here: http://www.gotstang.com/blogs/J/tma-turbo-kit-for-the-99-04-3-8-mustang

I am hoping to start the install soon.. it may be done before winter though :)

whtmare
10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
umm thats going to be pretty sweet!^^^^^^^^^

TorchredSVT
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
polish my exhaust...finally fix the squeaky belt after two years of fighting with it

whtmare
11-07-2012, 09:48 PM
so an update on the winter projects thread did not do a wing delete went with the gt 500 wing instead.and new wheels are being made as we speak! forgestar f14s piano black post up some pics when they come in!

rhoidahl
11-17-2012, 02:20 PM
New rubber coming for the front of my Cobra -- somehow the passenger side front tire got cut right at the bottom of the sidewall. Tried to patch it, but it didn't work (didn't think it woud); new Nittos for the front will be here early next week... ... ...

ToplessPony94
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
New rubber coming for the front of my Cobra -- somehow the passenger side front tire got cut right at the bottom of the sidewall. Tried to patch it, but it didn't work (didn't think it woud); new Nittos for the front will be here early next week... ... ...

Which Nittos did you choose?!?

LILBLKSNAKE
11-17-2012, 08:29 PM
forgestar f14s piano black post up some pics when they come in!

I was just looking at those on American Muscle. NICE!!!!

whtmare
11-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I was just looking at those on American Muscle. NICE!!!! yeah cant wait there being made as we speak i went with a custom off set they said 6 to 8 weeks but thats fine put the car on the battery tender today cleaned it up and put some stabil in the tank :) think spring!!

whtmare
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
figured id revive this thread what are you guys doing to your rides out there? i just painted up my calipers with the g2 caliper paint really nice product nice thick gloss paint i went black oh shit a color reference am i gonna get fined!

LILBLKSNAKE
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
My cage is in, my Kirkey seats are in, my RAM HD clutch is in, my long tubes are in.
3.73's going in this weekend

Now I just need to do the nitrous and head to Pete's!!!

ED DAY 2013 is coming!!!

whtmare
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
My cage is in, my Kirkey seats are in, my RAM HD clutch is in, my long tubes are in.
3.73's going in this weekend

Now I just need to do the nitrous and head to Pete's!!!

ED DAY 2013 is coming!!! nice cant wait to see it!

07GTCS
12-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Rick helped me remove my Saleen Supercharger. The gearbox was leaking oil internally, no sign of any external leaks. It's currently in the hands of UPS on the way to Caliornia for the rebuild. Going to do some engine bay clean-up.

whtmare
01-22-2013, 07:06 AM
so an update on the winter projects thread did not do a wing delete went with the gt 500 wing instead.and new wheels are being made as we speak! forgestar f14s piano black post up some pics when they come in!

Well after a longer wait than expected. Wheels shipped yesterday they sent me a pic now tire shopping...http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q680/ryguy208/7089c4ea8faaabd1953d46eaf9e78265_zpsc3aaa40d.jpg

rhoidahl
01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
NICE -- black wheels on a white car -- NICE !!!!

Dennis O'Shea
01-22-2013, 08:11 AM
I have my Car at the Painter's getting it painted Yellow

TorchredSVT
01-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Well after a longer wait than expected. Wheels shipped yesterday they sent me a pic now tire shopping...http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q680/ryguy208/7089c4ea8faaabd1953d46eaf9e78265_zpsc3aaa40d.jpg

Love love love the concave design....I think those are going to look really really nice on your car. Can't wait to see pic's!!!

whtmare
02-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Tires are In and on!!http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q680/ryguy208/282ae7a6d33c5703c217ab045fee77e1_zps8a683b6e.jpght tp://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q680/ryguy208/ad30df484413d02ba99debd92a4702e0_zpsd410b088.jpght tp://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q680/ryguy208/45c68afb5e4e43d0f54398ff87f38859_zps6b3fa5f2.jpg

chachee52
02-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Looks great. Looks like a good quality snow tire to me :)

Dennis O'Shea
02-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Looks Really Badd ASS Ryan nice job

390gtconv
02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Looks great. Looks like a good quality snow tire to me :)
Just needs to get studs pressed in. lol

chachee52
02-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Just needs to get studs pressed in. lol
I don't need to be run over, I already can't walk right.

Dennis O'Shea
02-16-2013, 04:00 PM
As far as a winter project I am working on my infectious personality So that I can get to know my fellow club member's a little closer than last year I feel that My list of friends is lacking so I am really going to try and increase it this coming year. So if i see you and walk up to you and say "HI FRIEND" you'll know that I Mean it

390gtconv
02-16-2013, 05:35 PM
We all look forward to spring and new friends & fun.

rhoidahl
02-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Love performance white with black wheels...now Dennis should put white wheel on his black Stang...

Jibber
02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Ryan, those wheels look great. I've always like the Murdered out look on Stangs. So Bad Ass!!!

Dennis O'Shea
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
You should take some Hints
Ryan, those wheels look great. I've always like the Murdered out look on Stangs. So Bad Ass!!!

Jibber
02-18-2013, 09:46 PM
You should take some Hints

What would those be Dennis? Lay some knowledge on me.....

ToplessPony94
03-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, I wasn't planning on a winter project this year but it looks like I've got one.

All I was gonna do was a bumpsteer kit up front. Jay (Xerxeese) installed that with me, and it wasn't too bad, except that we got the toe really, really bad somehow during assembly. No worries, it was getting aligned anyway after that, just set the bumpsteer adjustment first.

So Joe (Cobraman1024) offered to help with that since he had a bumpsteer gauge. The plan was to bring his Mystic to my place and do both cars. Then the big snow hit on that weekend and Joe arrived late. Then things went from bad to worse as we spent a while getting my toe fairly zeroed. When we tried to use the bumpsteer gauge, what we got for readings on my car was obviously garbage. We played with that for a while on my car and finally gave up and decided to try his. That was when things got very bad. With the snow, he couldn't even back his car up my driveway so we could get mine out of the garage. We spent an hour getting him out of my driveway and decided not to press our luck. Joe left, and I got a call from him shortly after he left and he was stuck about 1/2 mile from my house. Went over and helped him get unstuck again, followed him to the highway and came home. Fortunately Joe got home to RI safely. End result for the day: Joe burned up a tank of gas and we both lost a day out of our lives. Nothing else accomplished. The bumpsteer adjustment and alignment hasn't moved any further since then.

So then Kevin (Jibber) started asking me questions about a rear shock tower brace. I didn't think I needed one for anything, but researching it convinced me otherwise. My car isn't getting any younger and with the coil-overs putting more stress on the shock mounts than stock springs would I decided it was a good idea. Researching the brace also helped me decide to do some torque box reinforcement at the same time, again since the car isn't getting younger. So now, with the front end messed up, I decided to mess up the rear end, too. The UMI torque box reinforcement kit said it took 3-4 hours to install - no big deal. NOT!

After working for 9 hours we got the bottom torque box reinforcement bolted (not welded yet) in place. The rlcas had been out of the car about 7 years ago so it wasn't too bad getting them loose. The reinforcing kit is for 79-04 cars. On Foxes the parts just slip into the lower torque box. On 94 and up, they say you have to grind the hole "slightly" to get it in. Well, folks, what exactly is "slightly"? In this case it means remove an inch of metal! I owe Jay big time on this. He looked like he had been doused with a gallon bag of glitter when we came out from under the car! Yup! Jay was kind enough to do this one with me, too. There were other trials and tribulations, like the fact that Ford runs the ABS cable through the lower torque box on my car, so on both sides the ABS cable had to be cut, rerouted and spliced. We finally finished for the day. UMI said it would take 3-4 hours for both the upper and lower kits. After 9 hours we had the lower part - the easy part - done except for splicing the ABS cables back together and welding. DUH!

So now we still need to do the more difficult upper torque box reinforcement. And the fun part is you have to take a lot more stuff apart to do that one. And while the rlcas had only been in the car 7 years, the upper arms have been in there since 1994! They got a liberal dose of PB Blaster, but we seriously fear it will take the "heat wrench" to get them out, in the process melting the bushings that probably should have been replaced 10 years ago anyway. So now I need to acquire bushings for both ends of the upper arms, a puller/press to replace the axle housing end bushings and a set of grade 10.9 bolts for the upper arms. Probably not a bad thing. But add that to the time it will take to do the normal install of the torque box kit, we will be lucky to finish in one very long day. The originally rear shock tower brace installation will add about 15 minutes to the overall task while putting things back together after the upper torque box work. Oh yeah - one other thing! The MM rlcas I have use a spherical bushing to reduce binding. Since I have that in the lower arm, I have decided to replace the bushing at the chassis end of the upper control arm with a spherical bushing, too. Just to make it more interesting and match the lower arms.

So after the upper torque box gets done, it will still need the bumpsteer adjustment and alignment, welding on the toque box reinforcement and shock tower brace, painting the welded areas, get a coolant leak fixed (probably radiator repair) that we noticed while doing the bumpsteer work, replace the coolant neck (that POS part has leaked since it was replaced 5 years ago and no one seems able to figure out how to stop it, so it gets replaced), install a few other billet parts, reinstall the trunk interior and rear seat delete, and then it's Miller time!

At my age (I don't bend as well as I used to in a lot of places!) this is more winter project than I had in mind this year by about 800%! Maybe it will be back together and drivable by ED Day! I will owe it all to Jay if it is!

For the record, I have new-found respect for the owners of Stangs that are significantly older than mine. I always knew it took dedication, but I am coming to realize just how much dedication to the breed members like George and Todd (and others) have! Hats off to you, and thank you for keeping those cars so well and for allowing the rest of us to enjoy them with you now and then.

whtmare
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Holy crap you get biggest post of the year!!

ToplessPony94
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Holy crap you get biggest post of the year!!

The year is still young! :D

Dennis O'Shea
03-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Bruce the only thing I see you left out on your post Is the POTTY BREAKS

chachee52
03-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Wow, sounds like a fun winter so far.
Now you know why I don't like starting a project on my car. Every time I try to do something simple I open up a can of worms and it takes a lot more time to fix it and a lot more money. And usually it comes up with the "next years" project as well.

390gtconv
03-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Now you know why I don't like starting a project on my car. Every time I try to do something simple I open up a can of worms and it takes a lot more time to fix it and a lot more money. And usually it comes up with the "next years" project as well.
Speaking of worms, your thoughts on when we'll tackle your project?

ToplessPony94
03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Bruce the only thing I see you left out on your post Is the POTTY BREAKS

LOL! If you only knew the parts I left out! We had LOTS of fun! I didn't even mention the popping circuit breaker or the sound deadening material, for instance! There were potty breaks, but I forgot to count them for you.

I'm with you there, bro! Not sure whether to smile over the anticipated improvement or cry over the "project creep". No, I didn't mean me or Jay by that!

chachee52
03-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Speaking of worms, your thoughts on when we'll tackle your project?

My credit card should be "re-filled" now from Max's steamlining. So I should be able to order the parts this week sometime. So the next couple of weeks?

chachee52
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm with you there, bro! Not sure whether to smile over the anticipated improvement or cry over the "project creep". No, I didn't mean me or Jay by that!

I don't know, I'd throw Jay into that catagory!!! How's he doing? He needs to get away from Wilmington and get out to some events!

ToplessPony94
03-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't know, I'd throw Jay into that catagory!!! How's he doing? He needs to get away from Wilmington and get out to some events!

Jay's doing well. What he needs is to 1) have a Mustang in one piece, 2) Register it, and 3) have an event to go to - haven't seen many lately! I'm sure he won't miss ED Day!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-14-2013, 09:39 PM

Project went alot longer than I planned-

S&W 8Pt roll cage
Long tube headers, Custom mid-pipe and Cat-Back from Southern NH Undercar
Upgraded starter
RAM HD Clutch
Steeda Clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster
Kirkey racing seats
ZEX 125hp shot of "hehehe Juice"
Weld Draglite wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials
Extended lugs
Moser 31 spline axles (on the way)
Hurst Roll Control- Line lock
3.73 gears

Hoping to be ready for DYNO DAY AT PERFORMANCE DYNO!!! One week before ED DAY

"We gonna blow Sh*T up"

whtmare
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Nice hopefully you don't blow it up!! Which longtubes did you go with I'm order kooks tomorrow with an offroad h

TorchredSVT
03-15-2013, 09:48 AM
"hehehe juice" .....that's a new one........

ToplessPony94
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
OK, so Jay and I got the right side torque box reinforcement and the right rear upper control arm and bushings done today. Work went much faster, but some dumb, stupid little things didn't cooperate and slowed us down. Still to be done are setting up shock tower brace in the trunk, bump-steer adjustment, welding of torque plate reinforcement and shock tower brace, alignment, pinion angle, paint/POR weld areas, cut trunk lining for tower brace and reinstall.

Here's a few pictures from today.

The steel reinforcing plates under the rear seat delete. Note that the ABS cabling is re-routed since Ford passes it through the torque box where the reinforcing plates need to go.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1574_zps365ca134.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1573_zps057fb5d9.jpg

More detailed closeup of right side.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1575_zps08b65b02.jpg

Spherical bushing end of new rear upper control arm.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1571_zpsca007767.jpg

ToplessPony94
03-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Here's another since the site will only allow four pictures per post.

One of the gusseted reinforcing plates for the rear lower control arms on the underside of the car.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1570_zps7c41d4b3.jpg

whtmare
03-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Looks like its coming along sweet Bruce now all we need is some good weather!!

Dennis O'Shea
03-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Nice work Bruce looks like that will stiffen it up Quite a bit also

chachee52
03-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Crap, you're really not joking with this project.
Just make sure Jay doesn't crap in YOUR car like he did mine!!!

Jibber
03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Looks great Bruce. The Stealth Fighter 2.0.

I can attest to the quality of the parts that Bruce is using. Top quality!!!!!

ToplessPony94
03-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys!

Yeah, most of the parts are UMI or FRPP - good stuff.

The RUC arm bushings were all toast, too. They don't owe me anything - they're the originals from 1994!!! Just about the only bushings left that were still old and stock. Also the left RUC arm was tweaked a bit - looked like something big had hit it once upon a time. Can't imagine what or how cuz that thing is waaay up there. Those stock RUC arms are really crappy. Already had MM RLC arms and MM A-arms in front, so now the stockers are all gone, and the coil-overs I've had for a while mean just about everything stock is gone now. The reinforcing is all grade 10.9 hardware and will be welded as well.

SO, yes, things should be a lot tighter back there now. I would say that with this and the bump-steer kit that the handling upgrade project I started about 7 years ago is now just about complete, and should be done within a few weeks. Based on how well it handled before, it should now be rather close to the handling of the Lotus I used to own in another life. Not bad for a Stang!

BTW, for this job I picked up the MM puller/press for the axle housing bushings and it works great - can't imagine doing these bushings with the rear end in the car without this tool. If anyone local needs to use it just give me a shout. I'm willing to lend it. It's supposed to work for 79-01 axle housings, but may work for other years, too. I just don't know.

I'm going out to the garage again today, so I'm hoping to get the bump-steer adjusted and finish the fitment of the rear shock tower brace. Pics if I'm successful, tears if I'm not!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Crap, you're really not joking with this project.
Just make sure Jay doesn't crap in YOUR car like he did mine!!!

Still cracks me up!!

ToplessPony94
03-24-2013, 08:58 PM
OK, I fitted the rear shock tower brace today. This was pretty easy - took no more than 2 hours to release the shocks, scrape out the seam sealer where needed, grind off the paint on both the chassis and the brace where the welding will occur, set it in place, hit it with a whammer until it seated and re-attach the shocks. Pics below are before putting the tools away and vacuuming up the paint dust.

Played with the bump-steer a while and learned a few things. Got the bump-steer better than it was, but still not completely correct. I expect to get that done this coming Friday. Since my company follow stock market holidays, we have Good Friday off. With a whole day available to finish the bumpsteer, I expect it to happen!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1580_zps814d8b54.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1576_zpscf61a7b9.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1578_zps1c6c596b.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1579_zps1bca47f1.jpg

Dennis O'Shea
03-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Looks good nice job that should stiffen everything up in the back

TorchredSVT
03-25-2013, 08:35 AM
good work bruce, look forward to hearing your "seat of the pants" review. That's always the most important one

Jibber
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Looks good nice job that should stiffen everything up in the back

Yeah, You could could use some stiffening there as well.

ToplessPony94
03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
BTW, Todd is correct. Once your car gets beyond "a certain age", there is no such thing as a small project. You can never do just one thing. In the middle of doing this project we discovered that I need to add replacing the pinion seal and replacing the right e-brake cable to the repair list, which already had fix radiator leak and fix coolant neck leak on it. At least no oil leaks (yet) after replacing the pan and rear main seal a year or two ago.

whtmare
03-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Blacked out the rear today. Dennis said it would go faster if I did and put on the new plates. Good day of rain to wash the roads and I think we're golden boys...

Dennis O'Shea
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
lOOKS GREAT ARE THOSE NEW TAILLIGHTS i GUESS I SHOULD ASK HOW YOU DID THAT

Blacked out the rear today. Dennis said it would go faster if I did and put on the new plates. Good day of rain to wash the roads and I think we're golden boys...

whtmare
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
New tails yes also did 3rd brake light and markers

ToplessPony94
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Looks great, Ryan! I love the look. I've never done mine because I don't feel comfortable doing anything that reduces the visibility of my brake lights, but I still love the look!

whtmare
03-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks Bruce! The 3rd brake light is now led so it lights up bright! But I know what you mean.

Jibber
03-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Ry, Looks kick ass. I love the look!!!! Are you doing the Kooks this year? When will the car be ready. ED day right around the corner.

I had the tinted tails too but went back to full Red. My goal is to always keep the car looking as close to stock as possible.
In hindsight, I should never have gotten the "WHIPLED" plate. Not that everyone knows what a Whipple is, but some thing more subtle would have been a better choice to keep it in that "sleeper" realm.

whtmare
03-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks Kevin car is set to go now. Headers are at the coaters as we speak and when they come in we will get them in. Either way we will see you at Ed day

ToplessPony94
03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks Bruce! The 3rd brake light is now led so it lights up bright! But I know what you mean.

Gotcha! IK got the LED one's too so I know what you mean!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Either way we will see you at Ed day

You Racing??

whtmare
03-26-2013, 09:35 PM
You Racing??

Showing and bringing paper plates!!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Showing and bringing paper plates!!

Will the paper plates be WHITE??

Jibber
03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks Kevin car is set to go now. Headers are at the coaters as we speak and when they come in we will get them in. Either way we will see you at Ed day

Great. Will the car be with you?
I always thought about LTs for my car. It's just too big a nugget to swallow for 20 HP. I talked to Craig Lussier about it and he said it was like a $1000 for 10 HP when he did it to his car. Not the best bang for my buck.

390gtconv
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
The next post on this should be "SPRING PROJECTS"

whtmare
03-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes my car will be there. On my car with the blower and cams it will be more like 20 + gain which is still a lot for the money. but the car needs to breathe its just one more peice to the puzzle of the monster I am building at one point I will be
Forgeing and adding more boost.

TorchredSVT
03-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Great. Will the car be with you?
I always thought about LTs for my car. It's just too big a nugget to swallow for 20 HP. I talked to Craig Lussier about it and he said it was like a $1000 for 10 HP when he did it to his car. Not the best bang for my buck.

LT's are a great mod for our cars. Make power more effiently...but the realistic cost is double that for a good set of headers and the labor to install. For someone planning to make high HP with a 2.9 , or a 3.4 whipple its a good idea...but for you it's honestly over kill.

whtmare
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
LT's are a great mod for our cars. Make power more effiently...but the realistic cost is double that for a good set of headers and the labor to install. For someone planning to make high HP with a 2.9 , or a 3.4 whipple its a good idea...but for you it's honestly over kill.

Glad you think it's overkill Ian. In the end making more hp with less boost and being more efficient to me it's a no brainier.

TorchredSVT
03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
hahahah not for you!! I was talking about kevin..............

I dont know as much about how the 3v engines breathe compared to the 4.6 4v's. I had LT's on my old 02 GT and it woke the car up quite nicely actually. It sounds like you are planning to go boosted at some point, so I would agree there is more upside for you

whtmare
03-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I am boosted kenne bell cams etc etc

chachee52
03-27-2013, 07:15 PM
The next post on this should be "SPRING PROJECTS"

I'll start one in two weeks

TorchredSVT
03-28-2013, 08:57 AM
so last night I spent a few hours polishing my exhaust.......one pipe is done...now on to the other side

My freakin hands hurt!!!!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/torchredcobra/9D30E476-98B8-4F0F-8C14-0F54B0004AD0-11470-000005A3872ED872_zps3ecf9d01.jpg

Jibber
03-28-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm next in line Ian. When can you fit me in?

Looks great. Can't wait to see it.
We started talking about this at WOW. Doesn't this require alot of maintainence to keep it looking like that? I thought I've seen on SVTp someone commenting every few thousand miles he had to take off and touch them up.... Too much high maintainence for me. Especially when only 1 out of a 1000 people will even notice that it is done.

TorchredSVT
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
theres really no maintenance that needs to be done at all except for wiping it down.....my plan is to hit it with some polish maybe once a year. No reason at all to take the exhaust off the car to polish.
Since I don't drive the car a ton, it's a non issue. All the work is up front.

It always helps to have a buddy with a lift to make the process much easier. Thanks Tim!!!!

LILBLKSNAKE
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
If you polish it by hand every other time you clean the car, it should stay fine. Spend an extra 15 minutes per detailing session and you'll avoid the need to spend hours starting from scratch

TorchredSVT
03-29-2013, 08:49 AM
yeap, exactly!!

thanks again Ed for that buffing wheel...did the trick on the last step!

whtmare
03-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Took it around the block a few times no rubbing from all the tire work this winter yaaa still haven't washed yet but this was my first view outside.

LILBLKSNAKE
03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I see the headlights, taillights, wheels. and windows are all black. Getting closer to joining the "Black is Fast" Club with Swiffer O'Shea and myself!!

Dennis O'Shea
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Looks Great Ryan good job Glad no tire rub

TorchredSVT
04-01-2013, 08:40 AM
stance looks good bud, those wheels came out fantastic

ToplessPony94
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM
OK, I know it's Spring, but this Winter project took a lot more time and work than I thought it would. I finally had time to go pick up my car today, so here are a few shots of how it came out with the welding and painting.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1590_zps11264ec5.jpg (http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ToplessPony94/media/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1590_zps11264ec5.jpg.html)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1589_zpsfa5f9217.jpg (http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ToplessPony94/media/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1589_zpsfa5f9217.jpg.html)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1584_zps22042f79.jpg (http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ToplessPony94/media/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1584_zps22042f79.jpg.html)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1585_zpsb73b18de.jpg (http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ToplessPony94/media/Torque%20Box%20RUCA%20Project/IMG_1585_zpsb73b18de.jpg.html)

Jibber
04-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Looks great Bruce. I hope to see it in person on Sunday!

Dennis O'Shea
04-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Nice job Bruce looks good

ToplessPony94
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys, I'm trying to get this ready for ED Day - wish me luck! Kevin, yes, Sunday is good!