PDA

View Full Version : Meeting up Spots for the Cruise to the Craignair Next Saturday September 29th

Dennis O'Shea
09-22-2012, 10:19 AM
This is what worked out well last year Exit 4 off of 93 at the Burger King.BY 9:00AM Then coming down 102 to 101 meeting up at the 7 Eleven Those who went last year know the Drill. Also meet up spot number two Exit 1 off of 101 at the GULF STATION Its where we met for Eds day By 9:00am.Then we will head down 101 and meet up with the people waiting at the 7 Eleven If anyone has a better Idea Iam open to it. Also if any one has some Walki Talki's it might help on the way up

LILBLKSNAKE
09-22-2012, 09:41 PM
If anyone has a better Idea Iam open to it.

I have a good idea- Shave that stupid looking beard, you look homeless :)

Dennis O'Shea
09-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I would but being on a fixed income.I left all my money at C.V.S.this weelk on scripts for Nancy.Can't afford the blades
I have a good idea- Shave that stupid looking beard, you look homeless :)

Blue95GT
09-25-2012, 09:33 AM
This is what worked out well last year Exit 4 off of 93 at the Burger King.BY 9:00AM Then coming down 102 to 101 meeting up at the 7 Eleven Those who went last year know the Drill. Also meet up spot number two Exit 1 off of 101 at the GULF STATION Its where we met for Eds day By 9:00am.Then we will head down 101 and meet up with the people waiting at the 7 Eleven If anyone has a better Idea Iam open to it. Also if any one has some Walki Talki's it might help on the way up
Dennis, for those with smart phones, there is an APP called Voxer, works just like a walkie talkie. It's a free APP.

So the meeting at the Gulf Station is at 9am correct?

Dennis O'Shea
09-25-2012, 12:51 PM
9AM thats correct

Dennis, for those with smart phones, there is an APP called Voxer, works just like a walkie talkie. It's a free APP.

So the meeting at the Gulf Station is at 9am correct?

TorchredSVT
09-25-2012, 01:15 PM
so you aren't waiting for anyone, there will be a small group leaving later. Two cars ( three couples ) will meet you up at Craignair later on in the day

Sorry to say, our group consists of all daily drivers.

look forward to seeing you guys

Dennis O'Shea
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't understand your comment we are waiting for people at the 7 Eleven The Idea of the whole thing was a cruise up to the CraignAir together as a group It worked well last year But you can't always make everyone happy I would like to know who will be in your group so that we are not waiting for them
so you aren't waiting for anyone, there will be a small group leaving later. Two cars ( three couples ) will meet you up at Craignair later on in the day

Sorry to say, our group consists of all daily drivers.

look forward to seeing you guys

TorchredSVT
09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Simply trying to make you aware there are three couples who will not be meeting up at either of those meeting spots. I sent you the names already so you have them.

will meet you at freeport or meet you up at craignair

SVT10th
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM

Great idea Amy!

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rebelvox.voxer

iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/voxer-walkie-talkie/id377304531?mt=8

Jibber
09-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Whats weather looking like?
I will be at meet up spot like last year either in the Cobra or the DD

J
09-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Nicole and I will be there, most likely taking the Saleen. Bringing and bucket and wash stuff for the arrival... hope they have a hose! lol

TorchredSVT
09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Whats weather looking like?
I will be at meet up spot like last year either in the Cobra or the DD

cloudy with a chance of showers on Sat, sunday supposed to rain
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/spruce-head-me/04859/weekend-weather/2198802

Dennis O'Shea
09-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Its only Water and when you clean your car the last time I looked you do use Water And when it rains in Maine the Don't use salt on the roads
Its also a good way to clean the under carriage

cloudy with a chance of showers on Sat, sunday supposed to rain
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/spruce-head-me/04859/weekend-weather/2198802

Blue95GT
09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Im bringing my DD, simply because I don't trust my car going that long of a distance :/

SVT10th
09-26-2012, 04:32 PM
If Ian's weather report is correct, it's looking like a daily driver cruise.
The car getting wet isn't so bad, but a rainy 200 miles each way on drag radials is not my idea of fun.

LILBLKSNAKE
09-26-2012, 08:40 PM
With all the bi*ching about parking at the outlets, maybe a daily driver cruise isn't so bad. I like my Jeep better anyway

TorchredSVT
09-27-2012, 08:42 AM
With all the bi*ching about parking at the outlets, maybe a daily driver cruise isn't so bad. I like my Jeep better anyway

hahah LOL!!

blumachone
09-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't have to worry about which car I'm bringing!!!

Jibber
09-28-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm still on the fence about which car I will be driving. On one hand, I have a company car which wont cost me anything in gas. On the other hand, If i take my mustang, I have a ticket to get it professionally detailed by one of the best in the business. Dennis O'Shea. Hmmmmm.

Also, consider this. While on business in Maine, around Rockland which is close to where the Craignair is, I saw a "train" (about 10 cars) of 80-100 year old cars drving down the street this past Weds. Model T's and such. There was a steady rain at the time. I got to my stop and was talking to some of the folks who live in the area. I asked if there was some sort of car event going on and they said yes. It was being held up the road about 10 miles in the beautiful town of Camden Maine. ( I encourage everyone to go see this town as it is absolutely beautiful) Every year there is a big rally there for the folks who own these cars probably like the many Mustang events that happen.
I was impressed at the fact that these people like driving their cars. Rain or shine it was pretty spectacular to see.

Just thought I'd share this story. Not that it will persuade anyone (myself included) but you never know.

Jibber
09-28-2012, 01:45 PM

I do know for a fact, that if I had THREE (3) Mustangs, that I would take one on this event.
ED (aka Mr. Twoface.) Every chance he gets he will bash "those terminator guys" who never drive their cars in the rain, drive them hard or whatever is his flavor of the day to pick on. Yet here is a guy who claims to have a SVT Cobra ( which I've never seen in person) a GT that he's gonna race in the Outlaw class next year and a company car (which happens to be a Mustang) yet he's taking a Jeep. WTF!!!!

ToplessPony94
09-28-2012, 02:26 PM
While on business in Maine, around Rockland which is close to where the Craignair is, I saw a "train" (about 10 cars) of 80-100 year old cars drving down the street this past Weds. Model T's and such. There was a steady rain at the time. I got to my stop and was talking to some of the folks who live in the area. I asked if there was some sort of car event going on and they said yes. It was being held up the road about 10 miles in the beautiful town of Camden Maine. ( I encourage everyone to go see this town as it is absolutely beautiful) Every year there is a big rally there for the folks who own these cars probably like the many Mustang events that happen.
I was impressed at the fact that these people like driving their cars. Rain or shine it was pretty spectacular to see.

Yes, Kevin this area is gorgeous, Especially Camden. My sailing buddy keeps his boat there and most years I get up there quite a bit. Great place! Unfortunately this year has been so busy I haven't made it there once. There's also the Owl's Head Transportation Museum in nearby Rockland, which is well worth the visit. They usually have one of the prototype Mustang concept cars from pre-64 on display. I don't think the museum actually own it, but it's been on loan to them forever. Not to mention the antique biplanes and such that they fly in good weather (the biplanes actually DO need good weather to fly). They also have themed car shows out back most Saturdays.

Dennis O'Shea
09-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I never thought the day would come Way to go Jibber I couldn't agree more.Also have the Yellow Beauty at my house on Monday And I will Make it sparkle and I promise not to paint it Black

I do know for a fact, that if I had THREE (3) Mustangs, that I would take one on this event.
ED (aka Mr. Twoface.) Every chance he gets he will bash "those terminator guys" who never drive their cars in the rain, drive them hard or whatever is his flavor of the day to pick on. Yet here is a guy who claims to have a SVT Cobra ( which I've never seen in person) a GT that he's gonna race in the Outlaw class next year and a company car (which happens to be a Mustang) yet he's taking a Jeep. WTF!!!!

TorchredSVT
10-01-2012, 09:48 AM

funny how that works right?

Jibber
10-01-2012, 06:39 PM

I know. I couldn't make this stuff up.

LILBLKSNAKE
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM

from a kid who drove a Subaru to the event??

LILBLKSNAKE
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I know. I couldn't make this stuff up.

that was actually your best post ever. Even I laughed at it.