PDA

View Full Version : TASCA Weekend Important Update

rhoidahl
08-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Just to clarify something about this weekend.

The TASCA Ford Fest at New England Dragway this weekend has both drag racing and the car show. You CANNOT do both; it must be one or the other; or neither (as you are just volunteering). If you are racing, or participating in the show, you MUST register and pay the appropriate entry fee to whichever event you enter. This applies even if you are volunteering to help run the show itself.

This is NOT the club's decision; these are the rules according to the dragway and the TASCA sponsors.

J
08-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Can you clarify if that is the SAME CAR IN BOTH? If we own 2 cars, can we race one and put the other in the show?

2010TRGT
08-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Randy. Does the same thing apply if you want to spectate a bit at the drags. 'Cause I would to see some racing while I'm there - if at all possible.

Also, just to clarify before Saturday morning - you said we'd be meeting at the Exxon just off Exit 1 on 101 at 6AM. My map doesn't show an Exxon there; just a Gulf Station/Cumby's and a Mobil station next to a Dunkin' Donuts. Is that where we're supposed to meet?

Sorry for the stupid questions. This is only my second club event (Except for Cruise Nights) and the first one where I'll be helping out. Thanks.

chachee52
08-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Can you clarify if that is the SAME CAR IN BOTH? If we own 2 cars, can we race one and put the other in the show?
You can race on and show one. You just won't be able to park next to each other if I remember. It's more of an issue that they don't want cars driving through the show fields where people are just wondering around.

[QUOTE=2010TRGT;1573]Thanks for the clarification, Randy. Does the same thing apply if you want to spectate a bit at the drags. 'Cause I would to see some racing while I'm there - if at all possible.

Also, just to clarify before Saturday morning - you said we'd be meeting at the Exxon just off Exit 1 on 101 at 6AM. My map doesn't show an Exxon there; just a Gulf Station/Cumby's and a Mobil station next to a Dunkin' Donuts. Is that where we're supposed to meet?
QUOTE]

You can watch/walk through all of the events there are. The fee is more of where you are parking.
The Moblie Station is right next to the on/off ramps on the southbound lane. There are 2 gas stations there one is a Gulf and the other is a Moble. Don't know where there's a Cumby? IT's right next to the Auction house that you see from the highway.
Hope that helps a little.

SVT10th
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Historically, the Gulf station on the north side is where we meet.
So if you're coming from the Manchester end of 101, get off at exit 1, turn LEFT, go under the highway and the Gulf station is on your right.

Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/uuZXb

Dennis O'Shea
08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I was at the Cruise night in Candia last night And was told by our Esteem President that the station was not a Gulf I told him I could Be mistaken But I bet my Life on it Thank you Jim for clearing up this mistake made by our Leader Not that I would ever bring it to his attention or that he made a mistake God forbid

Historically, the Gulf station on the north side is where we meet.
So if you're coming from the Manchester end of 101, get off at exit 1, turn LEFT, go under the highway and the Gulf station is on your right.

Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/uuZXb

chachee52
08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
The Moble is on the other side of the corner. so its the same directions. look to see where the mustangs are and park there.

Dennis O'Shea
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
And our beloved President said that station was EXON I honestly belive that a that exhaust that he's breathing has effected his brain Its a sad day for the club I will be there all weekend and keep an eye on him so that he doesn't wander off Its just Sad so Sad

LILBLKSNAKE
08-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Too confusing, I'm just bringing the Jeep

chachee52
08-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Too confusing, I'm just bringing the Jeep

Do you have any other car?

rhoidahl
08-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Looks like one question may be unanswered. YES, you can show one car and race another; but that's two separate fees and the car you race CANNOT be in the showfield. During race time, it will have to be parked in the pit area with the other race cars...

2010TRGT
08-17-2012, 08:08 PM
That makes perfect sense - thanks for clearing it up.

Has anyone the forecast for tomorrow? The one I saw on weather.com said a 40-50% chance of showers until about 6 or 7PM. Has anyone seen anything different? I really hope this event doesn't get rained out tomorrow.

chachee52
08-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Weatherunderground = 30% chance of T-storms. Sounds like a typical New England Summer day!

Dennis O'Shea
08-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I am bringing the Catalina

J
08-17-2012, 09:41 PM
50% chance now...

May just be there on Sunday....

LILBLKSNAKE
08-17-2012, 10:01 PM

We had a 2010 Shelby GT500 at work with only 1549 miles. I was all set to bring it home then it got sold the day before I said I would take it.

(The Real Story- Kelly said we're not spending 42,000 on a car until she gets a damn ring) :)

ToplessPony94
08-18-2012, 10:09 AM
50% chance now...

May just be there on Sunday....

Scared me for a minute there! At the first passing glance I thought it said 50% chance of SNOW! :eek:

Jibber
08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
We had a 2010 Shelby GT500 at work with only 1549 miles. I was all set to bring it home then it got sold the day before I said I would take it.

(The Real Story- Kelly said we're not spending 42,000 on a car until she gets a damn ring) :)

The Real story is ED is PW'd.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
The Real story is ED is PW'd.

Actually I just want to make an ED Jr to drive you f'n nuts!! :D

390gtconv
08-18-2012, 09:44 PM

Now we know who's wearing the pants. Ed as far as not wearing the pants, shave your legs, no ring for awhile.