PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Club Breakfast - ..

390gtconv
02-15-2021, 08:02 AM
Just dreaming. Be nice when we can do this again....

Just had my 1st Covid shot Saturday at Walgreens, on my way to safer summer...
Was told Walgreens getting their supply from the Federal level, not the states. So their were able to move my late March appt up..

marinedad
02-15-2021, 08:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you have to make an appointment or did you just go there and how long did you have to wait in line. I know the VA was giving them Saturday, first come first serve. I didn't go because I figured the line would be insane, and, I'm already scheduled for this Wednesday at the Park N Ride. Any adverse affects? Glad you were able to get the shot.

390gtconv
02-15-2021, 10:30 AM
My orig appt was scheduled from my on line registration.
Last Thur got a call from NH Health Dept. Was a little skeptical of call at first (lots of scams) but when he mentioned my scheduled date, no one else could have known that.
They asked if I wanted to go to Walgreens this past Sat or Sunday. Once I agreed to Sat, they cancelled my orig appt in March.

I have an older brother inlaw got his appt on line before me (early March) but he hasn't heard anything yet.

An older VA friend did go to VA in Manchester yesterday 45 minutes before it was to open. Said line already around building, no parking. So he left. According to news they did just under 600 Vets before ran out. They'll try to do again soon.

My wife works @ VA in Manchester so she's had both shots. The 1st pretty smooth, (I just have a sore arm). The 2nd shot hits people differently. My wife had chills, aced all over for about a day. Then cleared up. Worth the risks.

The Walgreens shot itself, two seconds. The biggest hassle was the paperwork, getting logged into the system. They'll give a verification shot card, you carry if you need to travel.

Oh and my doctors office suggested I take Tylenol just before the shot and again later on. I did, guess it helped.

ToplessPony94
02-15-2021, 11:56 AM
I got my first shot (Moderna) on 2/1. Just a sore arm the next day. Felt a bit like I walked into a door frame or something. No big deal at all.

I'm scheduled for my second shot on 3/3. My doctor advised Aleve (naproxen) the day of the second shot and the next day. I'll report on how it went on 3/4 I guess.

My wife got the Pfizer first shot on 2/3 and will get the second on 2/25. I'll report on that, too. She just had the sore arm after the first shot as well.

390gtconv
02-15-2021, 02:18 PM
Both my wife and mind Moderna.
When I questioned which type of aspirin see said Tylenol, not Advil. So interesting the difference. I guess read up, ask when you go for shot

marinedad
02-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how it goes. I didn't go to the VA because I knew it would be crazy. I called them a couple of weeks ago about getting the shot, and, they said they were still doing just 75 and older. I meet the qualifications - over 65 with 2 of the health issues caused by agent orange. They were supposed to call me - never did. Oh well at least people are starting to get inncoculated.

marinedad
02-16-2021, 09:49 AM
My wife works for the VA also, but, not at the hospital. Her office is out of Cleveland and from what she understands employees in Cleveland were able to go the VA hospital there to get the shots.

390gtconv
02-16-2021, 12:55 PM
Update, had some routine blood work done done so at my doctor's this morning. I asked her " what's the deal taking aspirin "?
She said early on different rules, information was out.
The latest is don't take Any aspirin, Advil before shot. Said if you should get exposed same time, it'll make you feel worse. Then went on to say, once home and you need to take aspirin, go ahead, Tylenol ok, not sure about Advil.
But take nothing before shot. Was today's ruling.

ToplessPony94
02-17-2021, 10:33 AM
I spoke with my doctor and she said I was mistaken. She had advised Aleve (naproxen) and NOT Advil (ibuprophen) be taken AFTER the SECOND shot on both the day of the shot and the day after. She stood by the recommendation. I have corrected my original post below.

marinedad
02-17-2021, 04:07 PM
I went this morning for the shot. Pfizer. Next scheduled March 17th. No problem, no aleve, nothing. We'll see tomorrow

390gtconv
02-17-2021, 08:26 PM
Nice, one step closer to normal.

Now we need the club breakfast back.... lol

Jibber
02-24-2021, 08:13 PM
Nice, one step closer to normal.

Now we need the club breakfast back.... lol

Set it up kid!

ToplessPony94
02-24-2021, 08:20 PM
I don't think I'm going to be eating indoors in a restaurant for some time yet...

ToplessPony94
02-26-2021, 12:14 PM
My wife got her second shot of the Pfizer yesterday. No side effects at all -- ZIP. Her arm wasn't even as sore as after the first shot.

I hope I'm as lucky after my second shot of the Moderna next week.

390gtconv
02-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Most say first shot, easy, maybe minor headache on second day.
It's more likely the 2nd shot kicks your ass.
I get 2nd March 13th

ToplessPony94
03-04-2021, 09:43 AM
So I got my second Moderna shot yesterday.

Today I feel tired, lethargic, my joints ache (but not muscles like some report) like having a mild flu. My temp is exactly at 98.6, which is a bit high for me. I’m usually at 97 or a tad below. Not feeling too bad, but sleepy. I’ll take this for sure if it offers protection, no question!

It's still less than 24 hours since I got the shot. I'll update if anything changes.

Update 9:30 PM: Feeling normal (or as normal as ever :p) now so the whole thing lasted maybe 12 hours at the most.

390gtconv
03-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Thanks, I get my 2nd next Saturday

07 stang gt
03-05-2021, 06:32 AM
That seems to be the common theme. Some people feel nothing, some people cant lift there arm without pain, some people feel like they have the flu for a day or two, then back to normal. I'm not a flu vaccine guy but in this case since its not a live vaccine so I'll be signing up for a shot.
So, about the original post concerning breakfast. When us forum guys have all had the shot, I'm inviting you guys over for breakfast ! Sunday morning, eggs, pancakes-blueberry's are an option, bacon, sausage, only requirement is you have to drive your Mustang over to my house ! We will pick a date.

390gtconv
03-05-2021, 07:12 AM
Sweet, be nice to get out in warmer days with cars. :)
Plus my brother in-law Art, some know has black and golden 67 Shelby and blue 66 Cobra, is in club, recently bought his retirement house on lake in Kingston, he gets shot next week

390gtconv
03-14-2021, 08:36 AM
Got my 2nd Moderna at Walgreens yesterday. Other than a sore arm where needle was, I feel fine, so far.. My brother in-law just got his 1st, so getting closer.
Come on spring..

ToplessPony94
03-14-2021, 09:17 AM
Great George! So good to hear you got it and are doing fine! :)

marinedad
03-14-2021, 11:46 AM
Get my second one next Wednesday. The Phizer, hopefully no side effects or minimal

390gtconv
03-17-2021, 08:12 PM
Can't wait for Mann's Orchard to open back up car shows. Love the group & food. Pic last fall 4010

marinedad
03-18-2021, 04:38 PM
Got my 2nd shot yesterday. So far no problems. Arm's a little sore. It was a good thing we were watching the news yesterday morning to find out they moved the location from Londonderry to Salem

390gtconv
03-18-2021, 06:52 PM
Great news another one ready for Jimmy's breakfast... lol

07 stang gt
03-19-2021, 08:31 AM
Signup is Monday for us younger folk !

ToplessPony94
03-19-2021, 09:08 AM
Got my 2nd shot yesterday. So far no problems. Arm's a little sore. It was a good thing we were watching the news yesterday morning to find out they moved the location from Londonderry to Salem

Great! Odd that they didn't email you.

Jibber
03-26-2021, 09:21 AM
Vaccine shots are flying around.....

Being the senior NHMC member, still waiting for George to set something up.

Let me know, I'll be there.....

390gtconv
03-26-2021, 01:01 PM
We'll see if Jimmy still gonna have a breakfast for us with shots.
Must bring your Covid card. Lol
Jibber will supply summer activities list, since he attended exclusive meeting on line

Jibber
05-18-2021, 11:51 AM
We'll see if Jimmy still gonna have a breakfast for us with shots.
Must bring your Covid card. Lol
Jibber will supply summer activities list, since he attended exclusive meeting on line

I'm still waiting for the breakfast meetup invitation. George? Jimmy?

chachee52
05-30-2021, 07:42 PM
Breakfast is too early in the morning!!

ToplessPony94
05-30-2021, 08:05 PM
Breakfast is too early in the morning!!

What he said!

390gtconv
05-30-2021, 08:47 PM
Call it a Brunch!!!