PDA

View Full Version : What the F happened with the Pats?

Jibber
12-30-2020, 06:29 PM
What a disaster this season.....
Whose fault is it? Bill Belichick?

ToplessPony94
12-30-2020, 07:07 PM
Blame Tom Brady and Matt Patricia. Everyone always blames the guys who aren't around to defend themselves. It's how the world works. And don't forget Roger Goodell -- he's always a good target for some blame, no matter for what.

07 stang gt
12-31-2020, 05:53 AM
Well, being a Dolphins fan, its been a long time coming and glad its here. Its been a log 20 years for me! Pats, comes down to bad planning. You had your QB in Jimmy G, Brady pushed him out, lack of draft picks and bad ones at that by Belacheat, lack of spending on players, and then you pick up a QB that nobody wanted at the last minute who cant throw a pass if he had to. Its is going to take some time to be good again as you are now looking up at the Bills and Dolphins who are in much better shape with personnel and draft picks. Just goes to show you how valuable Brady was and how its turned around in Tampa.

ToplessPony94
12-31-2020, 09:27 AM
I hear ya Jimmy. I'm sure you know my reply was "tongue-in-cheek." I've never been a fan of Cam. I have to admit he did a bit better than I thought he would over the season. I find myself cheering for the Chiefs and Mahomes. Not trying to be a fair weather fan for the Pats, but there's a good story there in KC and I can't help enjoying their success. Nothing against the Bucs, though I know a lot of Pats fans hoped Brady would fall on his face. Nothing against the Dolphins for that matter.

390gtconv
01-01-2021, 08:31 AM
Early in season with such a roster mix up & Cam's past rocky play and injuries, no surprise Pat's were so so.
For next year, MY guess ALL new QB's, & maybe Belichick retires!!!!

ToplessPony94
01-01-2021, 09:37 AM
Somehow I don't see Bill retiring after one losing season. Not his style.

New, QBs, yeah! Though I hope they give Stidham a chance to grow -- seems like a good deal of promise there.

390gtconv
01-03-2021, 12:54 PM
Well part one of my prediction may happen.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-cam-newton-reportedly-expect-to-part-ways-in-offseason/ar-BB1cr6q8?ocid=hplocalnews
posted today 1/2/21

ToplessPony94
01-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Yeah, that seemed fairly certain to happen. Hoyer doesn't seem competitive, either. But I was glad to see the last sentence in the article:

"Backup Jarrett Stidham is the only Patriots quarterback under contract for the 2021 season."

marinedad
01-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Don't see how it will happen, but, a lot of talk by Sports announcers about possibly Jimmy G coming back. I didn't hear about the 49er's releasing him, however, he seems to be injury prone

Jibber
01-07-2021, 11:10 PM
Don't see how it will happen, but, a lot of talk by Sports announcers about possibly Jimmy G coming back. I didn't hear about the 49er's releasing him, however, he seems to be injury prone

He sucks. Hopefully he's not coming back

07 stang gt
01-08-2021, 09:51 AM
FYI, you guys are screwed for a while till you get a quarterback. And with the departure of more coaches and some key players, you will feel my pain for the past 20 years

chachee52
01-10-2021, 08:56 AM
I called it at the beginning of the season, with the entire 1st string D sitting out due to Covid, was unable to get a QB, thought Stidham would have done something but obviously they see something that we don't and that is why we didn't see him play much this year.
We don't have any #1 receivers either, never really have had a deep threat since Moss (ok and the one game with A.B). Just a throw out year this year. Even if Brady was here, I don't think that we would have gone far, maybe a couple games better record but that's about it
I say, suck it up now!!! Means the quicker I get season tickets :D

ToplessPony94
01-10-2021, 03:58 PM
From what I saw in the Bucs/Washington game last night, I hope the Pats have been on the phone trying to corral Taylor Heinicke today! He came pretty close to knocking off Brady and the Bucs having only been on the team for 3 days and only his 2nd NFL start! That's what we need! A guy with guts and talent and spirit!

ToplessPony94
01-10-2021, 11:59 PM
If Bill accepts this, I will never watch another Pats game while they are still associated with him. Period.

Bill, it’s time to take a stand here, especially if you want to call yourself a “Patriot”!

Patriots' Bill Belichick to Receive Medal of Freedom from President Donald Trump

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926287-patriots-bill-belichick-to-receive-medal-of-freedom-from-president-donald-trump?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

390gtconv
01-11-2021, 07:28 AM
Today 1/11 follow up:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/nfl-world-reacts-to-the-bill-belichick-news/ar-BB1cDtl3?ocid=msedgdhp

ToplessPony94
01-11-2021, 08:59 AM
My take is simple. While Bill has been very successful, I'm not sure what Bill did to deserve this particular honor. Our current boorish, immoral President also gave this award to Rush Limbaugh, Jim Jordan and Devin Nunes, among others. If Bill willingly wants to join this crowd, I will have lost any and all respect for him, whom I otherwise very much admire. While I know Kraft, Brady and Belichick have been friendly with Trump in the past, after the past 4 years and the Capitol riot in particular, anyone who would not take a stand and participates in this farce has no place in my life.

ToplessPony94
01-11-2021, 09:14 PM
Looks like Bill decided to do the right thing. Good for him!

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has announced that he is declining the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which he was scheduled to receive from President Trump on Thursday. Belichick cites the “tragic events of last week” as leading to his decision. In a statement released Monday night Belichick said, “Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients."

"Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy,” he said.