PDA

View Full Version : Corona Virus

Jibber
02-27-2020, 07:03 PM
What's your thoughts on this one?

The hysteria doesnt add up to me..... overall deaths are less than the average FLU season numbers.

Why is everyone so nervous? Is it the unknown?

ToplessPony94
02-27-2020, 09:27 PM
For me it's the fact that the US has actually done little to prepare. Plus our President hacked hell out of the funding for CDC and healthcare and research, as well as appointing people who have no idea what they are doing to handle the situation. But I'm sure that goddam wall will stop the virus, yessir! No worries there!

And while little South Korea appropriated $13B to fight the virus, the POTUS requested $2.5B and thinks $8.5B is too much. Right!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/politics/trump-coronavirus-response-market-meltdown-backlash/index.html

(https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/politics/trump-coronavirus-response-market-meltdown-backlash/index.html)

390gtconv
02-28-2020, 06:46 AM
So far not big issue in US, UNTIL they mis-handle things.
Pence - doesn't have faith in science nor ANY medical background.

We'll see.
Italy was supposed to be a country that "knew what to do", they messed up too.

I'll move up north for a month, see what happens

Jibber
03-12-2020, 10:54 PM
I guess Pences prayers havent worked.

What a disaster this thing is.
NBA, NHL and NCAA all suspended or canceled.

07 stang gt
03-13-2020, 06:13 AM
BOTH car shows, WOW in Boston and also the show this weekend at the Big E in Springfield is not happening either. BUMMER !!

marinedad
03-14-2020, 01:04 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. The news media has created mass hysteria. Have you gone to the store lately. There's nothing. People are hording for nothing. There's no toilet paper. Toilet paper - how much toilet paper do you need. There's no water. I haven't seen it this bad even when we were expecting a noreaster People are absolutely nuts. And how many people have actually died. The majority were old people in a nursing home somewhere. Absolutely ridiculous

Dennis O'Shea
03-14-2020, 03:47 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. The news media has created mass hysteria. Have you gone to the store lately. There's nothing. People are hording for nothing. There's no toilet paper. Toilet paper - how much toilet paper do you need. There's no water. I haven't seen it this bad even when we were expecting a noreaster People are absolutely nuts. And how many people have actually died. The majority were old people in a nursing home somewhere. Absolutely ridiculousI
I guess my Mother who is 102 years old and in a nursing facility in Manchester God forbid she contracts it and passes In your words it would be no big deal or I guess I should quote you as it's
"ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS" I guess your the type who falls to the back of the line for caring about your fellow man

ToplessPony94
03-14-2020, 04:42 PM
Yes, the toilet paper hoarding is ridiculous, not to mention selfish and uncaring of others.

But the rest of it, not so much. As a person with three extra risk factors I am in favor of others taking reasonable precautions. I don't see why it's silly to stock up to have enough provisions to be able to self-quarantine for 14 days.

390gtconv
03-15-2020, 08:00 AM
No reason to wipe the shelves of tuna fish, ALL the frozen meals, etc, & ALL the cough medicines - which wouldn't help Covid -19.
Hoping in couple days with people having hoarded for a month plus, shelves should start to stay filled. Worse case the virus is a 14 day thing not to hoard 2 months worth Seeing people buy qty 3 - 9 paks of TP is just STUPID...

Us car guys will get by ok..

Jibber
03-16-2020, 01:42 PM
This thing is spinning sideways fast right now. My daughter has told me friends that she knows in the military are currently training how to shut down cities and people movement. That's a Wow moment for sure.
Listening to the news this morning it was said that half of all Americans will get this virus.
Assuming 160 million are infected with the 3.5% mortality rate of this virus, that will be approximately 4.5 million deaths.
The numbers are staggering to say the least.

As Dennis said, his mother is highly at risk as well as my 80+ year old parents.... Let's take it up 10 notches.

It's gotten real!

Jibber
03-25-2020, 07:57 PM
So much has happened in a month.

My thoughts of this being nothing was way off.
Crushes the stock market and unemployment rates skyrocket.
$8.5 Billion turns into 2 TRILLION.
And the deaths are piling up.

What's next?

ToplessPony94
03-25-2020, 11:59 PM
I can tell you what I HOPE is next.

The numbnuts in the White House is trying to reopen the country when we should be doing the opposite.

#1: Dead people don't contribute to the economy even if you don't care that they die (and I DO care).

#2: Fortunately the numbnuts doesn't really control that - hopefully the states, counties and municipalities that actually have that power and are closer to the disaster and more intelligent and empathetic will ignore any attempt to reopen the country and keep stay-at-home orders in place until we get through this.

#3: if anyone thinks this doesn't make sense, look at the examples already out there that we can learn from; those that let their guard down too soon are getting a second wave, while those that didn't are under control and healthy. Nearly a third of the world’s population are living under coronavirus (https://www.cnn.com/specials/world/coronavirus-outbreak-intl-hnk)- related movement restrictions. They got it before we did and they are proving it is working. The US should be able to be as smart as they are and follow their example.

390gtconv
03-26-2020, 07:45 PM
Tonight we became the #1 country in the world with deaths.
I've said before, I feel this be similar to flu, may die down during summer, but pop up next fall/winter.
Then at least handle with a vaccine

Jibber
03-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Tonight we became the #1 country in the world with deaths.
I've said before, I feel this be similar to flu, may die down during summer, but pop up next fall/winter.
Then at least handle with a vaccine

Vaccine wont be available by this fall....Maybe by next Spring.

Yeah, it's the flu on steroids. Mortality rate is much higher than the Flu.

marinedad
03-31-2020, 01:54 PM
Dennis,

I meant no disrespect about your mother. I'm glad she's doing well, as is my 96 year old mother in law. All I was saying was the hype about the deaths were mostly older people who were already having health issues. It has become worse. I hope everyone stays safe

390gtconv
03-31-2020, 02:58 PM
Yes just read, experts saying that vaccine maybe, maybe ready in 18 months from now. That's a hopeful thought.

Dennis O'Shea
03-31-2020, 06:15 PM
I under stand and she is fine at the moment. My Son Kevin who travels all over the world tested positive for the virus last Sunday. Feeling OK no fever aches all over headache and has lost his sense of smell
Doctor said that was part of what the virus does. So right now my plate is pretty full.And watching the numbers go up doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon. People think it may quiet down when it gets warmer
when it was at it's peak in China temp average was 84 degree's and humidity was way up also. So I don't think summer will be the answer hope I am wrong.

marinedad
03-31-2020, 07:13 PM
They're saying it won't peak for at least 2-4 more weeks. Not a very sobering thought. Dennis glad your son is doing OK. I wish they would have called it something else, now I feel like a cold drink with a lime

390gtconv
03-31-2020, 09:59 PM
Best to you & family Dennis

Dennis O'Shea
04-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Thanks George

ToplessPony94
04-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Yes, Dennis; I hope you all can stay healthy and come out the other side in great shape.

07 stang gt
04-09-2020, 07:28 AM
Hope all is well Dennis !!!

Gabe
06-29-2020, 05:42 PM
Almost 3 months since this thread has been updated ... Dennis, hope you and your family is well. Hope ALL you reading are well.
Lisa and I have been OK,
The numbers are spiking again, and all our president wants to do is to slow down the testing so his numbers look good.
Yeah, that should stop the deaths and infections. Just don't test for it. Works great for women, if they don't get pregnancy tests then they won't get pregnant, right?
Moron.

390gtconv
06-29-2020, 06:34 PM
ditto ditto

chachee52
06-29-2020, 10:16 PM
Works great for women, if they don't get pregnancy tests then they won't get pregnant, right?
Moron.

Were you listening to Jen and I this weekend? This is exactly what we were saying!!! I yelled at her for taking the test, if she didn't I'd have a sailboat and not a kid!!! :eek:

Dennis O'Shea
06-30-2020, 06:28 AM
For me finally some good news they are opening the nursing home were my mother at for visitation Lot's of restrictions.
Can't wait haven't seen her for almost four months .

07 stang gt
06-30-2020, 06:50 AM
Great news Dennis ! My mom is in California in a nursing home and waiting to be transferred to a permeant home, but because of the virus isn't going anywhere. Glad you can see her, all I can do is call

Gabe
06-30-2020, 02:58 PM
Good to hear Dennis, hope she's well.

Were you listening to Jen and I this weekend? This is exactly what we were saying!!! I yelled at her for taking the test, if she didn't I'd have a sailboat and not a kid!!! :eek:

Lol ...

marinedad
07-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Great news Dennis ! My mom is in California in a nursing home and waiting to be transferred to a permeant home, but because of the virus isn't going anywhere. Glad you can see her, all I can do is call
Dennis, Great to hear. My wife was able to see her mother last weekend, 96 years old. Hope your mother is doing well as well as everyone else's parents that have been affected by this.

marinedad
07-09-2020, 10:40 AM
Sometimes just hearing your voice helps bring their spirits up. That's what counts. However, when my wife went my mother in law was actually mad because she hadn't been there for 4 months. Really doesn't understand what's going but it helped my wife, too

Jibber
07-22-2020, 08:34 AM
I almost fell out of my chair...... it took 5 months, but it seems like out fearless leader has finally recognized that we have a issue in this country?

Brighter days ahead with him on the trail!! He's gonna fix it.
He'll eliminate it like noone else has every eliminated a virus from the Face of the Earth. We're saved.
Thanks DT

ToplessPony94
07-22-2020, 08:44 AM
I almost fell out of my chair...... it took 5 months, but it seems like out fearless leader has finally recognized that we have a issue in this country?

Brighter days ahead with him on the trail!! He's gonna fix it.
He'll eliminate it like noone else has every eliminated a virus from the Face of the Earth. We're saved.
Thanks DT

Yeah, it's amazing what can happen when it finally dawns on our fearless leader that he is behind in the polls by double digits, isn't it?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus/index.html

07 stang gt
07-23-2020, 06:14 AM
Great business man, horrible leader! A complete turnaround from what was said just days/weeks ago. To bad he didn't say all the right things and listen to DOCTORS back then and he wouldn't be loosing at the upcoming election. Try ingesting some Lysol and tell me how that works out for you !!

Jibber
08-17-2020, 10:01 PM
Great business man, horrible leader! A complete turnaround from what was said just days/weeks ago. To bad he didn't say all the right things and listen to DOCTORS back then and he wouldn't be loosing at the upcoming election. Try ingesting some Lysol and tell me how that works out for you !!

Great businessman? What?
He's a clown....

07 stang gt
08-18-2020, 08:06 AM
I guess I meant, he has done a good job with the economy and small business's on the coat heels of Obama, other than that,YIKES !!

Jibber
08-29-2020, 01:17 PM
I guess I meant, he has done a good job with the economy and small business's on the coat heels of Obama, other than that,YIKES !!

I think you mean Coat tails.....

All these politicians do the same thing..... take credit or blame someone else. Its a perfect situation to be in.

07 stang gt
08-31-2020, 07:07 AM
HaHa typo, my bad !!