PDA

View Full Version : Long Holiday weekend. anyone have exciting plans or car shows?

390gtconv
06-29-2017, 07:20 PM
I get the next 5 days off, yea.
I gotta get my vert out even if for ice cream.... Been in garage since coming back from Carlisle Ford Nationals.

chachee52
06-29-2017, 09:09 PM
What long weekend? Gotta work on Monday and I am over booked!!! But I'm pretty sure that a lot of people made appointments and will not show up, which means we have to site there all day and wait for no one to show. :mad:

ToplessPony94
06-30-2017, 09:53 AM
No (sniff, sniff). I hope to be back on the road by the Tilton Veterans Home Show on 8/3.

chachee52
06-30-2017, 12:27 PM
No (sniff, sniff). I hope to be back on the road by the Tilton Veterans Home Show on 8/3.

What did you do to it THIS time?

390gtconv
06-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Yea suppose to "DICK" with it in the fall/winter, NOT take on a change in the spring!!!

07 stang gt
06-30-2017, 08:06 PM
10 days off !! Detailing Ed Y's new Explorer Sport tomorrow and other than that ?? Mustang Mania on the 9 th ...

ToplessPony94
06-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Yea suppose to "DICK" with it in the fall/winter, NOT take on a change in the spring!!!

Yeah, tell me about it. This project was started a week before Christmas and is supposed to be the last project of any significance that I plan to do with my car. So of course it had to become the "Project From Hell." See my reply to Todd. I'll most likely be shotgunning with Jay for Mania.

ToplessPony94
06-30-2017, 08:23 PM
What did you do to it THIS time?

This was supposed to be a fairly straight-forward project that was begun just before Christmas.

1) Get new front and rear calipers.
2) Disassemble calipers and get them custom powder coated, then re-assemble.
3) Put new PowerStop rotors, EBC "Red Stuff" pads and new powder coated calipers on car.
4) Bleed brake system.
5) Done.

Well, everything that could possibly go wrong did go wrong and a few other things that seemingly weren't possible but happened anyway. And none of it was my fault, which Jay can confirm. Nonsense like the &#$%@*$ Ford tool to re-asssemble the rear caliper integrated parking brake stuff -- The Ford Tool specified in the official shop manual -- well I bought it and it doesn't fit the rear calipers. Nonsense like the banjo bolts that came with the front calipers were bad and mangled the threads on the nice new powder coated front calipers. Nonsense like one of the bad banjo bolts snapped off in the caliper; tried to get it out with an EZ-out and the EZ-out snapped off in the banjo bolt. I could go on and on... but I won't. 'Nuf said!

Second set of new front calipers is being powder coated as I type. Also installing new Maximum Motorsport braided stainless front brake hoses.

KARMAN
07-01-2017, 07:20 AM
:(
Sorry to hear that Bruce

390gtconv
07-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Wife wanted an area set up for a fire pit so building a 13' x 11' patio using pavers, then assemble fire pit. Hope to be complete by Sunday.
Also spend son time with family and grand sons. Put a few miles on my vert

Dennis O'Shea
07-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Great turnout this morning for the impromptu car's and coffee almost 20 car's good times

whtmare
07-02-2017, 12:52 PM
It was great all the Sanka I could handle. And those bacon blueberry muffins to die for. The Ferrari was my favorite

Dennis O'Shea
07-02-2017, 04:49 PM
It was great all the Sanka I could handle. And those bacon blueberry muffins to die for. The Ferrari was my favorite

The Black GT 40 was killer too:D