PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

Mustang5L55
03-10-2017, 01:22 PM
What's up guys. Long time no see for many of you. Took a break from the Mustang scene for a number of years due to "life" but finally getting back to playing with my Fox again. For some reason, I can't post with my original login, and I can't seem to post any messages to the FB page at all. Finally decided to just make a new screenname.

Kids are the new time-suck, but it's nice to be able to take the Mustang out for a spin. Hoping to get back into the Mustang scene over the next few years as the kids finally get old enough to join me.

KARMAN
03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Hoping to have a good Mustang season this year.

390gtconv
03-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to warm weather car fun and meeting folks.

Xerxeese
03-11-2017, 09:47 AM
welcome back !!!

TorchredSVT
03-13-2017, 09:20 AM
holy shit Mike? I've seen you post a lot of FB recently

This site is pretty dead now, but a handfull of people post here.

How's the fox?

ToplessPony94
03-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Hi Mike! It's been a while indeed. Hope all is well.

Mustang5L55
03-13-2017, 01:08 PM
holy shit Mike? I've seen you post a lot of FB recently

This site is pretty dead now, but a handfull of people post here.

How's the fox?

Yeah, I tend to try to avoid using FB, but I got into a few of the Fox body Mustang groups there, so I've been posting a bit more. But before then, took some time away for life. Got married, kids, bought house, proceeded to renovate house, etc. Now that the dust has settled from all that, finally got back into the garage to work on the car and getting the itch again.

Just slapped some new wheels on. Upgraded the brakes, and just got done with a terminator steering rack swap. Debating pulling the engine out now. Ive got some goodies waiting to go on the engine, but want to do it out of the car.

Infiniti's gone. At 180K miles, the driveshaft fell off at 80MPH while on the highway. That was a fun day. Got a new Ford Taurus Limited now.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/attachments/img_0280-jpg.575902/

TorchredSVT
03-15-2017, 09:07 AM
drive shaft fell out at 80? how does that even happen lol??
congrats on the tarus, good cars

Wheels look good, I loved those older cobra wheels you had on it though

Mustang5L55
03-15-2017, 10:09 AM
drive shaft fell out at 80? how does that even happen lol??

It was the front driveshaft from the transfer case to the front differential. The universal failed on me. Driveshaft dropped, got caught by the engine cradle, and at 80MPH it proceeded to bang around pretty good under the car and cause some damage. Front differential cracked, and to change that out required an engine pull. I sold the car for parts and bought the Taurus. I love the car.

I liked the older Cobra wheels, but they were in bad condition so I wanted some nice wheels. I briefly had a set of bullitt wheels on the car this winter, but decided to go with those which I had for about 10 years. They were like new, which is what I wanted as curbing drives me nuts. I like them, and they work well with the zinc X_drilled rotors.

I have a few more things to do, but planning on yanking the engine out this spring. I'd still like to hit some shows this summer with the kiddos though, so I need a car with carseats to get to them anyway. Kids are old enough to spot Mustangs on the highway and point them out, so I'd like to bring em to a few local Mustang shows.

I went to show last summer that had mostly Corvettes. Kiddo proceeded to tell the corvette guys their cars were Mustangs. They were not amused! :)

Gabe
03-23-2017, 06:41 AM
Haha, awesome!!