PDA

View Full Version : Winter mods for the Shelby

07 stang gt
01-24-2017, 08:45 AM
I thought I would give you an update on what I've been doing to my 13 Shelby over the winter months. For starters, I sent back my radiator cover and CAI to have them redone. Once they were on the car with the other mods, I did not like the look, so he redid them for me. The cobras were completely redone in different colors and the cai had more white flames added to it since a lot of the flames were covered near the filter. Moroso tanks were added, Moroso battery cover and brake reservoir, caps, strut tower caps and bolts, new coil covers, the new JLT 3.0 catch can, etc. I had it at Petes the day before I put it away a while ago so he did the install on the new VMP pulleys and JLT cai, tuned with SCT X4 tuner and dynode it. Still have some suspension stuff and a couple bolt on things here and there to go so I'm getting there. When is spring going to be here !!??

390gtconv
01-24-2017, 09:59 AM
Lotta nice work there...

07 stang gt
01-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Thank You !

fredfordguy
01-25-2017, 06:19 AM
I was wondering when somebody would fire up the "in the works" thread. We're having the front seats re done as lately it has been like sitting on a granite bench, that's the biggest part, that and getting the rear window stainless straightened and polished after the nightmare of having the rear window removed. It had to go back to the glass guys 3 times because of leaks. Needless to say the trim took the brunt of the failures to seal. Finally it is dry inside. This spring I believe it will make a trip to Pete's dyno for some tweaking. Ok who's next????

07 stang gt
01-25-2017, 06:36 AM
Glad to see someone else is as bored as me. I don't want to hear from any of you, "I didn't have the time" ! LOL

07 stang gt
01-25-2017, 06:39 AM
Hey fredfordguy, I drove all over creation to find this after I mentioned it to you at the Xmass party. PM me or call me and we'll figure out how I can get it to you.3721
I was wondering when somebody would fire up the "in the works" thread. We're having the front seats re done as lately it has been like sitting on a granite bench, that's the biggest part, that and getting the rear window stainless straightened and polished after the nightmare of having the rear window removed. It had to go back to the glass guys 3 times because of leaks. Needless to say the trim took the brunt of the failures to seal. Finally it is dry inside. This spring I believe it will make a trip to Pete's dyno for some tweaking. Ok who's next????

whtmare
01-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Looks fantastic jimbro!

ToplessPony94
01-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Lookin' good, Jimmy! But when have your cars not! :cool:

07 stang gt
01-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Thanks !! I have to keep up with the big horsepower guys like yourself !

07 stang gt
01-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Thanks, I have to keep up with the big horsepower guys like yourself!!
Looks fantastic jimbro!

07 stang gt
01-26-2017, 06:41 AM
Before it got to my garage ! When I picked up the car, the previous owner stated " pristine condition" Well his opinion and mine about pristine are in two different worlds. I spent twenty hours detailing it when I got it, I spent 4 hours per wheel over the last month or so to get it to be pristine even where people wont see (but I will!) in the wheel wells, engine bay another 4 hours, etc. Its "pristine" now! Its actually making a trip to my body man to have every little paint chip touched up and any imperfections, perfected.
Lookin' good, Jimmy! But when have your cars not! :cool: