PDA

View Full Version : Electric Mustang?? Get ready for it...........

TorchredSVT
01-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Some interesting tid-bits in this article:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/economy/ford-700-jobs-trump/index.html

The $700 million investment will go to the Flat Rock, Michigan plant to produce more electric and self-driving cars. Ford believes electric vehicles will outsell gas-powered vehicles within the next 15 years.
Ford is planning to roll out seven new electric vehicles in the next five years, including a Mustang Hybrid

390gtconv
01-03-2017, 06:51 PM
So in time, what might this news do to collectable GAS power cars now? Will we live long enough to realize a big jump in collectable car prices?
Barrett Jackson future auction be real interesting, and others.
What then happens to price of gasoline as we know it. So called less demand, prices should tank, right???

07 stang gt
01-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Even more reason to buy a big ass V8 motor. I understand technology marches on but no electric motor has that sound of a V8,V10, or V12 for that matter !!

Dennis O'Shea
01-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Its called progress and by the time it's the only thing available most of us will be a fond memory.:eek:Besides I think an all electric would be a real charge in the seat of the pants:D:D:D.

Dennis O'Shea
01-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Even more reason to buy a big ass V8 motor. I understand technology marches on but no electric motor has that sound of a V8,V10, or V12 for that matter !!
Just like year's ago the Automobile would never take the place of the Horse Its called progress and technology.And I do believe that the majority of the people do not buy a car because of the sound.Who know's they may have a sound bar in it and you can make it what ever
you want

TorchredSVT
01-04-2017, 09:03 AM
My personal belief is the internal combustion engine will never go away, the electric segment might gain in popularity but will never become the majority

390gtconv
01-04-2017, 11:38 AM
My personal belief is the internal combustion engine will never go away, the electric segment might gain in popularity but will never become the majority
Agreed.
Just like when price of gas jumped up, pickup trucks (non-commercial) would have huge sales drop because "most" would go buy a small car. But "with technology" truck sales are the strongest ever, small cars not so much. I need a truck to haul my "big ass gas hog V8 around!!

Nice!!! now we're getting some discussions here!!! lol

ToplessPony94
01-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Just like year's ago the Automobile would never take the place of the Horse Its called progress and technology.And I do believe that the majority of the people do not buy a car because of the sound.Who know's they may have a sound bar in it and you can make it what ever
you want

Sound bar: A Mustang sporting the scream of a Ferrari V12 would be a hoot, but can't compete with the roar of a V8 IMHO.

fredfordguy
01-06-2017, 09:10 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BLIgraz3NY&ab_channel=mitchmedford