PDA

View Full Version : Shop Suggestions

Sqzeplay66
12-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm a newbie to the forum, I recently purchased a 1966 Mustang Coupe driver. Over the past year I decided to upgrade the brakes , suspension and want to do a 5 spd transmission swap.
I have been in search of a reputable shop skilled in vintage mustangs or resto/pro tour around central New Hampshire, I have a trailer so I can go further if needed.
Thank you all and I hope to meet some of you at some events this coming year.

390gtconv
12-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Welcome. What color? Any pics?
As for mech work, you may wanna contact and ask Rick, club president on club FB site. Although he's a mech by trade and very busy, he may offer suggestions. I do all my own work on my 66 & 67 but just hobby for me.
Keep us update here on how you do.

Sqzeplay66
12-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Thanks 390; I'm the only person on the planet without FB I think.... I will get in touch with Rick. I tried to attached a pic, hope it works.

390gtconv
12-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Good stance, love the wheels.

07 stang gt
12-12-2016, 06:09 AM
No Facebook here either. WELCOME by the way to the club !!
Thanks 390; I'm the only person on the planet without FB I think.... I will get in touch with Rick. I tried to attached a pic, hope it works.

390gtconv
12-12-2016, 09:18 AM
"FB"... FaceBook or mustang FastBack, Yea, I don't have either.... lol

ToplessPony94
12-12-2016, 12:18 PM
No Facebook here either. WELCOME by the way to the club !!

Ditto! Same here!

Welcome!!!

Gabe
12-29-2016, 05:36 PM
Welcome, and yeah, Rick would be the guy. He can do whatever you need to the car mechanically. If you need bodywork done, he's got great connections for that too

Sqzeplay66
12-31-2016, 10:29 AM
Welcome, and yeah, Rick would be the guy. He can do whatever you need to the car mechanically. If you need bodywork done, he's got great connections for that too

Thanks Gabe.. I will do my best to connect with Rick. Happy New Year!! I don' t know if he checks in on this site much. I sent him a PM.

marinedad
01-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Yea, not everyone is on or wants to be on FaceBook. Only problem is you don't get all the news because they don't publish monthly newsletter either.

390gtconv
01-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Yea, not everyone is on or wants to be on FaceBook. Only problem is you don't get all the news because they don't publish monthly newsletter either.

Well NHMC club holds its annual "Pizza Meeting" ~ mid Feb in Manchester, that's when most of up coming years events will be discussed. NEW ideas and members all welcome.
A message is usually posted both on FB and this forum for that.

whtmare
01-02-2017, 05:16 PM

Any event that is posted on Facebook is also posted here. By me thanks....

LILBLKSNAKE
01-09-2017, 09:56 PM
I do all my own work on my 66 & 67 but just hobby for me.

you haven't touched the 66 in like 10 years, it's just an empty shell that will never exist :)

Dennis O'Shea
01-10-2017, 10:25 AM
you haven't touched the 66 in like 10 years, it's just an empty shell that will never exist :)
George I never thought I would come to your aid.The statement that was just made is by the guy who has the Phantom Race Car He talks about it and teases everyone with pictures.
But no one has yet to see it run.So to say that your's has sat for ten year's "Really " Just seem's quite unfair

390gtconv
01-10-2017, 11:46 AM

People said I'd never get my 67 GT on the road never mind win top honors at many car shows.
And I can say I DID MOST OF THE WORK!! Can ED say that? NO!!!
My 66 vert plan to do when other more important things in life are taken care of. Like buy two newer vehicles last year, help my son out. I already have done most of the sheet metal work on the 66.

Oh and lets no forget I had to oversee the completion of PROJECT FALLEN HERO!

So lots of MY time is helping others.

Ed on the other hand, with a kid in tow, is pretty much done racing IF car ever gets done, BY SOMEONE else. I have just as much fun building the car as driving it! Those that know many '67 will agree I did ok.
Only major race Ed's car might see is Ed Day and someone else driving it. Then cover it up 'til his son gets older. If Ed doesn't buy half dozen other cars as he goes thru them like toilet paper.

When I retire in few years I'll have two very nice highly restored collectable convertibles. Works for me.
Ed will have more kids, and only fun he'll have for years is quiet time in the bathroom!! :)

Dennis O'Shea
01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
People said I'd never get my 67 GT on the road never mind win top honors at many car shows.
And I can say I DID MOST OF THE WORK!! Can ED say that? NO!!!
My 66 vert plan to do when other more important things in life are taken care of. Like buy two newer vehicles last year, help my son out. I already have done most of the sheet metal work on the 66.

Oh and lets no forget I had to oversee the completion of PROJECT FALLEN HERO!

So lots of MY time is helping others.

Ed on the other hand, with a kid in tow, is pretty much done racing IF car ever gets done, BY SOMEONE else. I have just as much fun building the car as driving it! Those that know many '67 will agree I did ok.
Only major race Ed's car might see is Ed Day and someone else driving it. Then cover it up 'til his son gets older. If Ed doesn't buy half dozen other cars as he goes thru them like toilet paper.

When I retire in few years I'll have two very nice highly restored collectable convertibles. Works for me.
Ed will have more kids, and only fun he'll have for years is quiet time in the bathroom!! :)
You are now my new Idol:p

TorchredSVT
01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
George wins the internet today

I did see his car twice last summer

390gtconv
01-11-2017, 11:39 PM
George wins the internet today

I did see his car twice last summer

Ian, and or you were not where I was. lol.. One being Carlisle Ford Nationals for 3 days.

TorchredSVT
01-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Ian, and or you were not where I was. lol.. One being Carlisle Ford Nationals for 3 days.

One of the times was skips or mann's....and you weren't around.

Dennis O'Shea
01-12-2017, 12:35 PM
George Ian was doing what all new father's do Changing diaper's, Feeding,Baby Sitting,Helping Mom out also we have all gone through it

TorchredSVT
01-13-2017, 09:01 AM
True story...........

Sqzeplay66
01-15-2017, 09:52 AM
I was pumped to see three pages to my post thinking it was going to be shop suggestions. All good.
Think i found a shop, I will keep the forum updated of my experience. Pellerin Motorsports Pembroke NH.

TorchredSVT
01-16-2017, 09:12 AM
I was pumped to see three pages to my post thinking it was going to be shop suggestions. All good.
Think i found a shop, I will keep the forum updated of my experience. Pellerin Motorsports Pembroke NH.

There's like 5 people who use this forum , we were all going to suggest the same person hahahaha