PDA

View Full Version : Tilton Veterans Home Cruise Night and Car Show

ToplessPony94
07-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Folks, I plan to organize a run to this show again this year. It's Thursday August 4th 2016 at the Veterans Home at 139 Winter St in Tilton NH.

Registration (which is FREE) is 5-6 and the show is from 6-8. It's a great time for the veterans, and by far the most satisfying show I do every year. It's so little to give back to those who gave so much.

The Bel-Airs (a Doo-Wop group) always put on a stunning performance for much of the time, too. Really fun.

Oh, yeah. The food is pretty good too, and inexpensive, including homemade baked goods. Hope to see many of you there, or let me know if you want to join the group heading up to arrive around 5PM. We'll be leaving from Nashua and can meet others at the Hooksett rest area on I-93.

Bob Comire
07-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Always a worthwhile and fun cruise, sounds great, sign me up!

ToplessPony94
07-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Always a worthwhile and fun cruise, sounds great, sign me up!

Great Bob! Happy you can make it again this year!

fredfordguy
07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm planning on going, a very satisfying show....

chachee52
07-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Agreed, this is a show not to miss. Unfortunately that day I will be heading to the white MTS for a wedding that day for the weekend. Enjoy and make them all happy.

Jibber
07-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I wil try to make this event. It was great last year.

Thanks for posting this up Bruce.
Be sure to let Rick know as he seemed interested in going to this event after last year.....

ToplessPony94
07-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Great! The more the merrier! Thanks, guys!

Xerxeese
07-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I will be in. My mom may come up with me, as I had mentioned it to her before, and she seemed to have interest!

ToplessPony94
07-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Cool beans! :cool:

I will be in. My mom may come up with me, as I had mentioned it to her before, and she seemed to have interest!

mvalenti
07-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Sounds like fun, count me in!

07 stang gt
07-09-2016, 06:06 AM
If I don't have a microfiber towel in my hand, I will be there

ToplessPony94
07-09-2016, 10:53 AM
Great, guys! Glad to have you. Late this month I'll be asking who will meet us where. It looks like we may leave from the BK at Exit 4 I-93 instead of Nashua/Hudson, with a meetup at the Hooksett rest area on the way.

BTW, Winter St. in Tilton is a bit of a minefield (at least it has been in the past) so we take that v-e-r-y slowly on the way in/out. Anyone with a car lower than mine will really need to be careful if you don't want to bottom out.

07 stang gt
07-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Maybe a quick stop at the Concord rest stop for us guys a little north or a heads up when your leaving BK in Londonderry? Can I helicopter my Shelby in so I don't have to drive Winter St. ? LOL:D
Great, guys! Glad to have you. Late this month I'll be asking who will meet us where. It looks like we may leave from the BK at Exit 4 I-93 instead of Nashua/Hudson, with a meetup at the Hooksett rest area on the way.

BTW, Winter St. in Tilton is a bit of a minefield (at least it has been in the past) so we take that v-e-r-y slowly on the way in/out. Anyone with a car lower than mine will really need to be careful if you don't want to bottom out.

ToplessPony94
07-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Maybe a quick stop at the Concord rest stop for us guys a little north or a heads up when your leaving BK in Londonderry? Can I helicopter my Shelby in so I don't have to drive Winter St. ? LOL:D

Jimmy, do you mean the Canterbury rest stop just north of Concord? Sure, we can do that as well as the heads up. ;)

Unfortunately, there isn't a helipad at the Veterans Home. :confused:

07 stang gt
07-11-2016, 07:33 AM
I guess its the Canterbury rest stop?? The 2 new ones N/S bound on rte 93 .
Jimmy, do you mean the Canterbury rest stop just north of Concord? Sure, we can do that as well as the heads up. ;)

Unfortunately, there isn't a helipad at the Veterans Home. :confused:

ToplessPony94
07-11-2016, 06:39 PM
I guess its the Canterbury rest stop?? The 2 new ones N/S bound on rte 93 .

Those are the Hooksett ones we were already intending to stop at. The Canterbury one is tiny and only on the NB side.

07 stang gt
07-12-2016, 07:31 AM
I meant the Hooksett ones which is were I will meet you. Time ??
Those are the Hooksett ones we were already intending to stop at. The Canterbury one is tiny and only on the NB side.

ToplessPony94
07-12-2016, 10:22 AM
I meant the Hooksett ones which is were I will meet you. Time ??

Final timing hasn't been worked out yet - I'll check with everyone in a couple of weeks, but my thoughts are leave Nashua/Hudson or BK about 3PM and get to Hooksett around 4PM. I know that sounds slow, but based on the traffic we've run into in the past it's probably fairly realistic.

fredfordguy
07-22-2016, 10:09 PM
This is one of my favorite shttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/fredfordguy/068.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/fredfordguy/media/068.jpg.html)hots ever, just trying to imagine what this gentleman is thinking, his hand on the fender, maybe I'm getting a bit sentimental, but it was kinda of a magic moment for me to witness.....

ToplessPony94
07-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Great shot, Mike. I've seen it before and love it as much as you do. This is the kind of thing that makes this show so worthwhile and satisfying.

KARMAN
07-28-2016, 08:32 PM
I am planning on going
I don't think I can get to Hooksett around 4PM, but I might.
Save me a place if I don't. I should be able to make it to Tilton before 5:30.

07 stang gt
08-02-2016, 08:07 AM
weather looks good, can you give some final meetup times at the rest areas. I will be meeting you guys at the new Hooksett, toll north bound

ToplessPony94
08-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Will update later today. Some road construction is causing me to reconsider the plan, but will probably stay the same.

ToplessPony94
08-02-2016, 03:31 PM
OK, the plan is to meet at the Exit 4 BK on 93, rolling no later than 3:15.

We will stop at the Hooksett Rest Area (the big one with the state liquor store) on 93 to pick up anyone who would like to join there, rolling no later than 4:00.

Jimmy, if you like I can call/text you when we leave the BK if you like. Also can call/text anyone else who would like to meet at Hooksett, just make sure I have your number.

Please post up where you are meeting up (Exit 4 or Hooksett) so we will know who to expect.

Thanks, and see you Thursday!

07 stang gt
08-02-2016, 04:07 PM
OK, the plan is to meet at the Exit 4 BK on 93, rolling no later than 3:15.

We will stop at the Hooksett Rest Area (the big one with the state liquor store) on 93 to pick up anyone who would like to join there, rolling no later than 4:00.

Jimmy, if you like I can call/text you when we leave the BK if you like. Also can call/text anyone else who would like to meet at Hooksett, just make sure I have your number.

Please post up where you are meeting up (Exit 4 or Hooksett) so we will know who to expect.

Thanks, and see you Thursday! See you at the Hooksett plaza north bound at 4:00

KARMAN
08-02-2016, 06:56 PM
See you at the Hooksett plaza north bound at 4:00

I will be at the Hooksett plaza north bound before 4pm.
My schedule has been cleared.

ToplessPony94
08-05-2016, 12:49 PM
We had great weather and a good time at this show last night. Attending were Jay, Jim K., Bob C., Jimmy M., Richie, Mike B and myself. NHMC was officially thanked for supporting the event. The Bel-Airs also did their usual great job with the live music. As always, it was great to see the veterans enjoying the show.

I know Mike got some great pictures (as always!) and that Jay did as well. I haven't had a chance to look at mine yet. Hopefully a few will be posted to this thread.

We're looking forward to the 10th Annual event next year! It will most likely be the first Thursday in August, as that seems to be the usual date. (8/3/17).

whtmare
08-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Way to represent boys!!!

Bob Comire
08-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Here's a few pictures from the cruise to the Tilton Veterans Home.

ToplessPony94
08-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Thanks, Ryan! Great pictures, Bob! That AMX was really something to see, as were so many of the other cars. (And of course Mike knows how much I love his car!)

You know, I never thought about it last night. In past years they have had paper bags suitably weighted with a rock for the residents to use to cast their votes, but this year it was cups with a rock inside. Somehow, looking at the pictures, it makes me feel like we were begging for donations! LOL!

ToplessPony94
08-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Well, Bob's pictures are better than mine, so I'll just post a couple he didn't already post, and the Bel-Airs.

ToplessPony94
08-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Here's a taste of the Bel-Airs. They sound a lot better when a microscopic camera mike is not involved! But you get the idea.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/ToplessPony94/videos/Bel-Airs-2_zpsff9whngc.mp4