PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Shelby

07 stang gt
12-09-2015, 05:42 AM
I had a chance to see, sit in and start up a new 2016 Shelby GT350 at one of my Ford dealers that buys truck equipment from me yesterday.Have not seen another one yet so far in my travels, so might be one of the first to hit New England.Very nice detail in and out of the car,suede door inserts, very comfortable Recaros, dash laid out very nice,etc. The car was in Avalanch Grey, black roof is a nice touch as well, had a Technoligy package and a couple of extras($1300 gas guzzler tax) and the sticker was at $59,000 and change. Sounds like a combination of a Mustang and a Ferrari out the back, different sound than I have heard out of a Mustang. It was sold, customer getting a very nice Christmas present !! I did not want to post pictures of the window sticker and dash plaque for privacy reasons for the customer, but here are some pics I took of the rest of the car. 31533154315531563157315831593160

TorchredSVT
12-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Very nice, thanks for sharing

The GT350R is the only car I'd probably trade the Cobra in on

I have a friend here in MA that has a Sterling gray with white stripe GT350 he took delivery of two weeks ago, car is a goddamn beast!!!!

390gtconv
12-09-2015, 08:49 PM
With that kind of "comfe" suede interior, unless you hide the car in your garage, will it be hard to keep interior clean years later?

chachee52
12-09-2015, 10:46 PM
With that kind of "comfe" suede interior, unless you hide the car in your garage, will it be hard to keep interior clean years later?
That's exactly what I said when I just test drove a Pathfinder!! Wow, George and I are thinking alike........ anyone to think like me is scary hehehe
BTW: not impressed with the Pathfinder, it was just a test drive.

TorchredSVT
12-10-2015, 08:56 AM

All new cars that are on the higher end have suede

Did you forget the 03/04 cobra's came with Alcantra ( suede ) interior? it's easy to clean and as long as it's cared for stands the test of time. Even so, it can very easily be re-conditioned compared to leather

03/04 cobra seats go for BIG money in the aftermarket.

390gtconv
12-10-2015, 09:52 PM
All new cars that are on the higher end have suede

Did you forget the 03/04 cobra's came with Alcantra ( suede ) interior? it's easy to clean and as long as it's cared for stands the test of time. Even so, it can very easily be re-conditioned compared to leather

03/04 cobra seats go for BIG money in the aftermarket.

I don't look at stangs in great detail newer than '69 so not familiar with 03/04. I've heard the newer stang seats are NOT bullet proof.
What I've heard...

07 stang gt
12-12-2015, 07:37 AM
I don't look at stangs in great detail newer than '69 so not familiar with 03/04. I've heard the newer stang seats are NOT bullet proof.
What I've heard...Boss 302 seats are suede as well,heard no issues. Seen a couple of other 2016 Shelbys on the ground now in my travels.

07 stang gt
12-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Very nice, thanks for sharing

The GT350R is the only car I'd probably trade the Cobra in on

I have a friend here in MA that has a Sterling gray with white stripe GT350 he took delivery of two weeks ago, car is a goddamn beast!!!!I have a dealer of mine who has an UNSOLD R code if your ready to trade !!!

chachee52
12-12-2015, 08:27 AM
I just thought it weird on the armrest. Thought it would get pretty dirty in an SUV. I will also add that I don't like leather either because it doesn't stand up to "normal" wear and tear.
I do know someone looking for an R. I'll see if they are serious and let ya know Jimmy

LILBLKSNAKE
12-13-2015, 06:13 PM
We had an R at Stoneham Ford that was sold. Tasca still had an R last I heard

TorchredSVT
12-14-2015, 08:48 AM
I just thought it weird on the armrest. Thought it would get pretty dirty in an SUV. I will also add that I don't like leather either because it doesn't stand up to "normal" wear and tear.

Huh? If anything leather stands up to wear and tear better than cloth? I personally won't own a car with out it

TorchredSVT
12-14-2015, 08:49 AM
I have a dealer of mine who has an UNSOLD R code if your ready to trade !!!

While I am sure a dealer has one, I don't believe for one second that car is unsold. I have seen thread after thread on SVTp about dealers buying these cars off each other for stupid money. I am sure there is a ADM of about $20k on the car

chachee52
12-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Huh? If anything leather stands up to wear and tear better than cloth? I personally won't own a car with out it
Never had any issues with cloth. I've seen leather crack and break all the time. Not to mention that I think that leather is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. This is why there are options because people like different things.

ToplessPony94
12-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Never had any issues with cloth. I've seen leather crack and break all the time. Not to mention that I think that leather is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. This is why there are options because people like different things.

Yup! I've had 2 cars, including my Stang, with leather. I much prefer cloth for the same reasons Todd mentions.

KARMAN
12-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Yup! I've had 2 cars, including my Stang, with leather. I much prefer cloth for the same reasons Todd mentions.

Both of the vehicles I have now I bought new with cloth. I have had many cars with leather. I always get cloth if I have a choice.

More importantly..
My car is still on the road!:) No salt yet!!!!!

07 stang gt
12-15-2015, 06:37 AM
While I am sure a dealer has one, I don't believe for one second that car is unsold. I have seen thread after thread on SVTp about dealers buying these cars off each other for stupid money. I am sure there is a ADM of about $20k on the carIt is definetly not sold, I was very close to buying it myself till my wife said "go right ahead and get what you want, but your not selling the 07 !!" So much for financing a $68,000 car, but the key here is what she said, "go ahead and get what you want". If it had a supercharger, it would have my name on it. My next mustang will have a snake on the side of it,looking at a 2013 or the new GT500 coming out. Ian, if your interested in the R call my cell and I will fill you in.

TorchredSVT
12-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Both of the vehicles I have now I bought new with cloth. I have had many cars with leather. I always get cloth if I have a choice.

More importantly..
My car is still on the road!:) No salt yet!!!!!

clearly none of you have kids or pets that are in the car with you regularly. Me, I won't own a vehicle with cloth, just doesn't hold up to the abuse like leather does.

TorchredSVT
12-15-2015, 10:32 AM
It is definetly not sold, I was very close to buying it myself till my wife said "go right ahead and get what you want, but your not selling the 07 !!" So much for financing a $68,000 car, but the key here is what she said, "go ahead and get what you want". If it had a supercharger, it would have my name on it. My next mustang will have a snake on the side of it,looking at a 2013 or the new GT500 coming out. Ian, if your interested in the R call my cell and I will fill you in.

What dealer is it? I find this interesting. While I appreciate the offer, I am in no position to take on a car payment of that size. I mean, maybe if the dealer gave me 30k for the cobra, but I don't see that happening.

I am still suspect about this R being out there and available. I have a friend who ordered two GT350's ( in the hopes of getting an R ) and his order was not fullfilled, ended up keeping the non-R. so i am shocked there is an R sitting out there unsold.

I also saw two threads on svtperformance yesterday by a dealer who sold his R for 25k above sticker to another dealer sight unseen.

390gtconv
12-15-2015, 10:38 AM
2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R Mustang
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-passenger/2015-chevrolet-camaro-z-28-vs-2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-mustang/ar-BBnwIYb?li=BBnb4R5#page=1

Guess which one gets overall thumbs up?

07 stang gt
12-15-2015, 02:06 PM
What dealer is it? I find this interesting. While I appreciate the offer, I am in no position to take on a car payment of that size. I mean, maybe if the dealer gave me 30k for the cobra, but I don't see that happening.

I am still suspect about this R being out there and available. I have a friend who ordered two GT350's ( in the hopes of getting an R ) and his order was not fullfilled, ended up keeping the non-R. so i am shocked there is an R sitting out there unsold.

I also saw two threads on svtperformance yesterday by a dealer who sold his R for 25k above sticker to another dealer sight unseen.I do not want to give out the dealers name but if someone would like to call me I will pass on the info. You have to remember that I have been affilliated and work directly with Ford for 20 years now and I deal directly with 80 Ford dealers myself (owners,GM's, sales managers, etc), the other salesman deals with another 30 or so. Every Ford dealer at some point in time, has bought trucks and equipment from us for the last 50 years that we've been in business, all in New England and New York. You get to make a lot of friends over 20 years, and it is definetly a "who you know" type of business. I am with 20 to 25 dealers everyweek, you get to see and hear a lot things the public never hears about. Quickly about your quote, your friend ordering 2 GT's to get a R, does not work like that. Dealers are in a lottery to get an R, has nothing to do with the customer. Certain dealers can get a hold of things some other dealers can't, because of thier affiliation with Ford, long standing relationships, volume of vehicles, etc. But for example, I have 2 small dealers one in Maine and one in VT, both have Richard Petty Mustangs, but some intown or BIG dealers like Quirk of Braintree, Portsmouth Ford, etc. didn't get one.Most dealers, not all, get a Shelby.They have to pay for the right to do so, thats why every dealer can sell thier Shelby for whatever they want,or give it to another dealer if they so decide. I have a dealer who has two Shelby GT350's, the other dealer did not want it and gave it up, so he took it. Again, its who you know. Its a long story how it works, we'll have coffee someday.

SVT10th
12-15-2015, 03:17 PM
All, I know is a I'd give my left nut for that 350R -- but sadly, my left nut would probably not be valued at any number close to what would make it affordable.

Which apropos of nothing, reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WhIpdqrNk