PDA

View Full Version : winter storage

mpbjr30
08-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in the group knows of a reputable place that stores vehicles over the winter? Doesn't need to be anything fancy, nor will I be working on the car over the winter. I pretty much drop it off at the end of October, put the cover on it and come back at the end of April. I see a lot of places on craigslist, but not sure if they are reputable or not. If someone does not want to mention the place in the thread, you can just send me an email at mpbjr30@yahoo.com. Thanks everyone!

-Mike

SVT10th
08-18-2015, 04:45 PM
There's always storage facilities. I used one last year for the Cobra and it was $110/month
Last I heard ( a few years ago) the people who run the Deerfield Fair (NH) store cars in their facility. It is pretty reasonable price, if I remember, but the caveat is that they pack in the cars, so you have to show up on the one of the days they pick and you can't take your car out again until their chosen spring dates (Nov - Apr). http://www.deerfieldfair.com/Winter_Storage.html

Any commercial enterprise (like the above) will require you to keep insurance coverage.

RumbleStang
08-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Theres a place in Merrimack,NH - Called The Vault - Right across almost from the Tractor Supply Store- Im pretty sure its ALOT more then the $110 from the Deerfield place- They have a Car Show if i remember right on Thursdays nights maybe you can make one of those and check it out for yourself- I am thinking about maybe doing that place how its local... Its looks really high end- i see a lot of $100,000+ cars in and out of there at the end and start of the driving season... There are also a few in the Lawerance/Methuen area but I'm not sure if i would want to store my car in those towns?!? ;) Maybe i will keep in my driveway again with a over priced car cover on it and prey that a tree does not fall on it?!?! :()

RumbleStang
08-18-2015, 06:17 PM
There's always storage facilities. I used one last year for the Cobra and it was $110/month
Last I heard ( a few years ago) the people who run the Deerfield Fair (NH) store cars in their facility. It is pretty reasonable price, if I remember, but the caveat is that they pack in the cars, so you have to show up on the one of the days they pick and you can't take your car out again until their chosen spring dates (Nov - Apr). http://www.deerfieldfair.com/Winter_Storage.html

Any commercial enterprise (like the above) will require you to keep insurance coverage.

Jim,
Does Deerfield sell all there spots every year? Would i need to book early?

390gtconv
08-18-2015, 10:25 PM
There is a fairly new place in Derry off Mammoth rd, across from (sorta) Applebees. Call think Burlington Storage and they store cars, etc. Just ~ 1/2 mile north of Derry NH police station.

Dennis O'Shea
08-19-2015, 07:05 AM
There's a place in Candia also.Its on 27 heading toward Raymond Its well maintained and it heated also as far as the cost. I can find out for you or you can go by. I'LL try and get a number for you.Here's the number 603-587-0577 oldcarrestorer@comcast.net

SVT10th
08-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Theres a place in Merrimack,NH - Called The Vault - Right across almost from the Tractor Supply Store- Im pretty sure its ALOT

Yeah in the old Zyla's building for the old timers....
I talked to someone who looked into it and it is pretty expensive -- I don't remember how much exactly, but it's way more than a storage place. That said, it is "full service" -- heated, very secure and I believe they will do minor maintenance and washing/cleaning/detailing so it's all ready to go whenever you want to take your car for a spin.

Jim,
Does Deerfield sell all there spots every year? Would i need to book early?

Sorry, have no idea. When I looked into it back in 08 or 09. they did sell out. But the price isn't bad. The website I linked has basic pricing -- $16/foot. So figure $250 probably.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-19-2015, 08:24 PM
There's a place in Chester, NH that I use. The guy fixes my trailer and feeds me when I visit. Occasionally he yells at me and calls me names, but for free car and trailer storage I'll tolerate the miserable old fart :)

390gtconv
08-19-2015, 10:30 PM
There's a place in Chester, NH that I use. The guy fixes my trailer and feeds me when I visit. Occasionally he yells at me and calls me names, but for free car and trailer storage I'll tolerate the miserable old fart :)

BTW your rent is due!!! Need an Orange Leaf!!!

TorchredSVT
08-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Yes, I know a place in Chelmsford that is clean, dry and safe. The owner is a mustang guy. My brother in law keeps his porsche there during the winter. He'll even put the car on a tender for you if you want.

It's in an old mill building , there's probably about 50 cars stored there at any time. I'd have no hesitation storing my car there. It's $500 for November to May. If interested let me know.

SVT10th
08-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Yes, I know a place in Chelmsford that is clean, dry and safe. The owner is a mustang guy. My brother in law keeps his porsche there during the winter. He'll even put the car on a tender for you if you want.

It's in an old mill building , there's probably about 50 cars stored there at any time. I'd have no hesitation storing my car there. It's $500 for November to May. If interested let me know.

really? That's a good price. Is there access during the winter? Id so, are they packed in, or is there enough room to do simple work on the car?

TorchredSVT
08-25-2015, 08:49 AM
the facility isn't one you'd want to do work on , depending upon the year the cars can be packed in....but sometimes there is plenty of room. They actually request you have a cover for the car because it can get dusty. With permission I am sure they'd let you access the car.

If you want, check it out on googlemaps , its 65 Middlsex street chelmsford, MA