PDA

View Full Version : Best product to use for tires?

jedikat
08-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Hi all,
I've had a hard time finding a good tire dressing to make my tires look "show ready"...none of the products I use bought off the shelf seem to work very well or last. Any suggestions? Thanks!

chachee52
08-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Do you like your tired shiny or just the normal tire black? That I think makes a big difference.
If you like them shiny, I don't have any advice for you. I personally don't like them shiny because they are impossible to keep them that way.
If you just want them to look clean and normal rubber black I just used some stuff this season that you spray on, it foams and walk away and it looks great. Unfortunately its in my trunk, and my car is not where I am right now. But if you want me to look it up I can get it to you tomorrow night.

ToplessPony94
08-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Best I have found for shiny is Long Lasting Tire Dressing from Griot's Garage. I don't have a problem with the shine lasting - I do my tires 2 maybe 3 times all season - usually before a major show. I also never get any sling of the stuff onto the fenders (as I do with every other one I've tried except tire foam) as long as I do it a few hours before driving it. Be sure to get the applicator tool that Griot's sells for it if you decide to try it - it's a real pain to apply properly without the tool. With the tool you're done in about 1 minute per tire. (But then, of course, you need to clean the tool...)

07 stang gt
08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
I use and sell 2 different types of tire shine products for tires by Adams Premium Car Care. One is called Tire Shine and the other is call Super VRT. Tire Shine is used for tires only and has a higher gloss to it, but can be knocked down if you want less shine, the other, Super VRT is a little more versital and can be used on tires, plastic trim, hoses, etc.NO SLING from either product, and NO GREASY FEEL on your fingers or to the tires either. You can look at any of my detail pics under " detailing" on this forum so you can see some pics of thires I have done with both products. You are more than welcome to come to my house and try both products before you buy them and see what works best for you. My prices are the same as on their webite except no shipping charges and you can get it tonight if you want !!!Let me know if I can help. My cell # for my detailing business is 603-819-1549.

SVT10th
08-10-2015, 11:20 AM
+1 for the non-shiny stuff. Personally, I use a good tire cleaner gets them clean and black -- with kind of a semi-gloss. But like Todd, my detail kit is not where I am.

Also, Jimmy's stuff from Adams looks amazing too, but is glossier.

chachee52
08-11-2015, 09:14 AM
So I just looked. I used No Touch. I believe that I did get it at AutoZone. But I have used others and it always left a film under the tires after. This one did not (or it could be I wised up and put card board under the tires she I did it). Left a nice natural rubber look, and best of all, no scrubbing or prep work. Just sprayed it, I think the first time I applied it twice.

jedikat
08-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Thanks all for the great info, definitely looking for a glossier look so will look into the Adams Tire Shine or Griots!

07 stang gt
08-16-2015, 07:24 AM
Thanks all for the great info, definitely looking for a glossier look so will look into the Adams Tire Shine or Griots!Like I mentioned, I have both Adams products, try it first, then decide whats best for you.

jedikat
08-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Like I mentioned, I have both Adams products, try it first, then decide whats best for you.
Definitely interested in trying them...I have a really busy schedule but I'll try to get in touch with you soon, best to contact you on the cell# above?

07 stang gt
08-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Definitely interested in trying them...I have a really busy schedule but I'll try to get in touch with you soon, best to contact you on the cell# above? Yes that # will work. If I am in your area I can stop by as well with both products, or swing over anytime and we can try both and you can see what works best for you.