PDA

View Full Version : Please don't hit me

07 stang gt
07-30-2015, 06:32 AM
I just recieved a recall notice on my 2007 Mustang for front air bag replacement. I think this was mentioned on the forum a while ago.Possible metal shavings coming from airbag if activated. Anyone else recieve this notice ? Spoke with one of the Ford dealers I deal with and they said a couple of months till they arrive. I guess I will drive in reverse till the new airbags arrive :eek: !!

RumbleStang
07-30-2015, 07:19 AM
Bummer! i have not got one yet for my 2007... I don't want the dealer touching my bag! ;)

TorchredSVT
07-30-2015, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I have seen posts all over the internet and FB about it.

sucks

whtmare
07-30-2015, 12:33 PM
I'll take the risk dealer isn't touching my car

07 stang gt
07-31-2015, 07:47 AM
I have only ONE dealer mechanic at McFarland Ford that I take my car to, all other work done by my lifelong friend, and Ford mechanic for 40 years that lives across the street from me, so I know where your coming from. I think this one becomes more of a possible life saving issue more than anything. I will be there watching the install as well so that will elimanate the car sitting in the service area etc.I will keep you updated.

KARMAN
07-31-2015, 12:31 PM
I have no interest in this recall.

I have found through personal experience that airbags suck anyway.
I have already been injured because of their presence in modern vehicles.
If they send out additional dangerous materials, I will take my chances.

Remember to always wear your seatbelt.
When the 2nd object connects with great force 3 seconds after the 1st, the airbag will not deploy again.
It will lay there slightly inflated.

Gabe
08-16-2015, 07:40 AM
I got the recall letter too, "no parts available yet" - checked with Londonderry Ford, the dude I deal with there looked up my VIN and Lisa's VIN, sure enough both cars are affected (we already knew this since we ran the VINs on a different site), but no parts will be available for another couple of months.

I've been driving the car for 3 years, got almost 34k miles on it.

I'm supposed to not drive the car anymore all of a sudden because something that could've happened all along MIGHT happen now, that we know about it?

Don't think so.

Driving it. As much as I can.

I might even wait to have the recall done till next spring - let the rush die down and it's not like I'm gonna be driving it in the winter anyway ...