PDA

View Full Version : Cruise night 6/23 cancelled

rhoidahl
06-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Went to Hooksett to set up for Cruise Night, the skies got dark, then the thunder and lightning started. Checked the weather app on my phone which showed two lines of strong thunderstorms approaching. See everyone next week !!!!

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Did you make it home before the sky's opened up I just made it just a few drops

rhoidahl
06-23-2012, 06:58 PM
YUP, only a few rain drops. But we got out of Hooksett just in time. Some black clouds and thunder here is Derry, but no rain...

LILBLKSNAKE
06-23-2012, 07:19 PM
By the time I left George Martin's it was already raining

PonikNH
06-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Three hearty Mustangs and a Fusion (out of shot) showed up and hung around until 7:00ish. We saw a few others that saw no cruise night. I left my house around 4:15, so I missed the post. We still had a blast. Thanks John, John, and Mark (plus the two other gentlemen that showed up, I don't remember their names).

rhoidahl
06-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Just as an FYI -- if thunderstorms and/or rain are imminent (as they were late this afternoon), we won't be holding cruise night. Most cruise night attendees won't show up if the weather is not looking good. In addition, we can't have our sound system up and running in wet weather. Cancellations will be posted on the forum as soon as possible in the event of questionable weather. Glad the 4 or 5 who did show after Dennis and I left still had a good time, but it looks the parking lot area was indeed wet.

PonikNH
06-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Just as an FYI -- if thunderstorms and/or rain are imminent (as they were late this afternoon), we won't be holding cruise night. Most cruise night attendees won't show up if the weather is not looking good. In addition, we can't have our sound system up and running in wet weather. Cancellations will be posted on the forum as soon as possible in the event of questionable weather. Glad the 4 or 5 who did show after Dennis and I left still had a good time, but it looks the parking lot area was indeed wet.
Thanks for the "criteria". I understand completely with the rational.

J
06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Rain on car = 4 hours worth of work...

LILBLKSNAKE
06-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Rain on my car this week would have made pollen paste.

KillaGT
06-24-2012, 03:20 PM
i was ready to go rain sucked

rhoidahl
06-24-2012, 09:16 PM
The extended forecast for next Saturday looks really good. Course a lot can change between now and then. Whips Wheels has no shows scheduled for next Saturday, so if the weather holds, our goal is 100 CARS next Saturday. Spread the word; anyone who can come, please show up to support this event...

PonikNH
06-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately I have plans with Mrs PonikNH that night. Maybe I can get her to drop by with me. Sorry guys....

TorchredSVT
06-25-2012, 08:13 AM

i get my balls busted all the time about the fact i don't drive the in the rain or chance of rain...im glad someone else can understand why

rhoidahl
06-25-2012, 07:12 PM
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

JBGMustang
06-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, this shows that it takes more than a little rain to stop a, perhaps somewhat misguided, Mustang guy from having a good time !!

JBGMustang
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
It is a wise man that knows without placing ones better half before other things may in the end mean no fun anytime. Have a great time, the cruise nights last all summer !!!

Jibber
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
i get my balls busted all the time about the fact i don't drive the in the rain or chance of rain...im glad someone else can understand why

You get your balls busted because you log maybe 500 miles a season on your car. It's not because of the rain days.

TorchredSVT
06-28-2012, 08:42 AM
and the reason i drive so little is becuase of the rain or chance of rain

if I lived in southern cal, my car would probably have 80k on it

Jibber
06-29-2012, 09:05 PM
and the reason i drive so little is becuase of the rain or chance of rain

if I lived in southern cal, my car would probably have 80k on it

Yeah. Right!!! I just fell out of my chair laughing.
You look at the barometer for petes sake. If it's low you can't drive the car. Then you analyze the pollen count for the day. If those check out, then you look at 4 different weather reports and if there is a cloud in the sky in North Dakota you won't drive the car. If the UV index is above 8 you are worried about the paint on the car fading due to the sun. Haha.
Of course I'm exagerating here but It's all in good fun.

Don't be mad bro.

TorchredSVT
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
it just so happens that one of my other hobbies is weather, seriously, I am a spotter for channel 7 news. Don't believe me, ask my wife

I don't mess around when it comes to weather, I love it in fact.

PonikNH
07-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Today I understand completely what you are saying. I just spent three hours cleaning up the Mustang for a family gathering tomorrow afternoon. It looks awesome (to me), but probably not close to yours. My sincerest apologies and I'll have to come look at yours, again. I remember the plate from past cruise nights.
Cheers
PonikNH