PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

paulg
05-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Who would anyone recommend in NH for adding graphics?
Am thinking Lemans stripes...

Jibber
05-06-2015, 01:46 PM
You should check with club president Rick L.

07 stang gt
05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Think painting them on first.You should price both of them out. Eventually the tape stripes will deteriorate and fade and a pain in the butt when waxing !

paulg
05-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Think painting them on first.You should price both of them out. Eventually the tape stripes will deteriorate and fade and a pain in the butt when waxing !

Thanks, much appreciated. I would like graphics first because if I don't like them, I can remove them. (well wasted $$$).
Yes, graphics would mean even more taping off before cutting & buffing.

I guess what I'm asking is in my google search, I come up with Life Size Wraps in Manchester, and NH Wraps in Concord NH. But I'm looking for other input as well.

SVT10th
05-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Perhaps get some quotes from some of the local well-regarded paint and body shops? I would try Prestige in Manchester first, and see if they'll do it.
Also maybe some of the body shops affiliated with Ford dealers -- since most GT500s and many other Mustangs are striped, I'm sure they all know how to install a stripe package.

390gtconv
05-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Down/up sides to both ways. If a stripe is painted, say alone lower half of car like GT stripes on mine), or front there's always risk of getting them nicked by road dust/stones. Painted would possibly chip away while a vinyl one more forgiving. In the 60's vinyl was orig.
As for wax residue, I use a car care product called BLACKFIRE, which doesn't leave any wax residue.

If you paint, will you have it cleared over paint?

TorchredSVT
05-07-2015, 11:52 AM
What are you looking to do?

You can always try and DYI with plasti-dip. Probably take you a couple of hours in the driveway with a few cans and some masking tape.

If you don't like it...it simply peels off. check out www.dipyourcar.com

390gtconv
05-07-2015, 01:55 PM
What are you looking to do?

You can always try and DYI with plasti-dip. Probably take you a couple of hours in the driveway with a few cans and some masking tape.

If you don't like it...it simply peels off. check out www.dipyourcar.com

Tim my neighbor few houses down the street from me, & new club member DOES do plasti dip. Has done parts & whole cars.