PDA

View Full Version : No Drill Saleen Front Plate Bracket

MY-S281
06-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Finally after 6 seasons of tempting fate driving front plate-less in a 2 Plate State ,I broke down and purchased the No drill Front Plate Holder for Saleen's / Cobra's and other models that dont normally come with a front mounting bracket..It wasn't about the $$ and It certainly works as advertised . I guess I am just having a little bit of a hard time getting used to the look of it with a plate after so long with out it.. I guess I could always keep in in the car and say I forgot to put it back on after I washed it, but then again it kind of defeats the purpose of the purchase..I am sure I will get used to it being there. Here are a couple pics..!

J
06-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Which one did you get?

MY-S281
06-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Which one did you get?

Hey J, Went with the stock default powder coated Black, I guess you can get some colors if you want to special order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-Mustang-GT-V6-Cobra-Saleen-No-Drill-Front-License-Plate-Bracket-/140762052834

SVT10th
06-19-2012, 07:10 AM
That looks like the same bracket that a guy has been making and selling for Cobras on SVTPerformance for years. I have one on my car -- it's a good piece.

TorchredSVT
06-19-2012, 08:23 AM
very nice barry....did you get pulled over or fail an inspection over it?

MY-S281
06-19-2012, 09:13 AM
That looks like the same bracket that a guy has been making and selling for Cobras on SVTPerformance for years. I have one on my car -- it's a good piece.

Yep, I believe it is the same bracket, I think he is the only one that makes it !! He has a few different styles for the different models/ years and there are a few distributors now..

very nice barry....did you get pulled over or fail an inspection over it?

It was mentioned to me last year when I went for a sticker, I was asked " Hey, where is your front plate" and while cruising the Hampton Strip, last summer or the summer before I had 2 officers say something within 500 feet about it being illegal not to be displaying my front plate so I figured this was more of an avoidance / annoyance factor.... Just didn't want to hear it again and not a fan of the law telling me I am in violation ! ;) hahaaahaaa..