PDA

View Full Version : Ford killing off V8's in Mustang after 2017??

390gtconv
01-15-2015, 11:34 AM
For you "gotta have a V8" folks:
Posted on another forum:

Here is the story the other day. Now generally I don't pay much attention to these types articles but with both the Ford GT (3.5EB used maybe for Le Mans qualification) and the SVT Raptor using a V6 EBs it may seems like the writing is on the wall. That and the F-150 is pushing the 5.0 out of the market by hampering it with a weak tune so it can't run with either the 2.7 or 3.5 EB.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/ford-reportedly-killing-its-v8-engines.html

The FPC 5.0 gives me hope as this is like they most significant engine since the Boss 429. But like the Boss 429 it could be the last kick at the can for a very longtime.

The death of ford v8's would be a sad affair, the Coyote is a world class v8 capable of Truck duty or 1500+hp drag racing duties in the FRPP configuration, and does find it way into a few restomods. No future development on v8s sucks regardless if you plan on owning a new Mustang or not.

TorchredSVT
01-15-2015, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DZbSlkFoSU

that's what I have to say about that article...been all over the internet past two days. #laughable.

ToplessPony94
01-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Good one, Ian! Almost peed my pants. I'm pretty much a TV dropout so I hadn't seen that if it's been "on air".

Jibber
01-16-2015, 09:20 AM
I can't believe you're doubting Mr Wonderful-George Martin.

He always wins his arguments.

390gtconv
01-16-2015, 09:50 AM
V8’s will not meet emissions after 2017, Ford is not the only one that will have to drop the V8.
Is that NOT true???

So with government standards in place (true?) Which mfg will be able to keep v8's?? Time will tell. People a poo poo'd stories before because they don't wanna believe, and they happen.
Besides with the Ecoboost V6 kicking the a$$ of Ram/GM V8's, some are in denial and no faith in new technology. So give up your rotary phones, believe in new technology.... hehehe

SVT10th
01-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Or it's a secret marketing campaign to get everyone to buy a V8 now "before you can't get them anymore." Then in 2018 they'll introduce a new technology V8 that does meet the necessary standards.

We've heard it before:
"Buy the last Mustangs now -- they're getting replaced by the Probe!"
"New Coke"
"Camaros will never be made again"
"Hostess is out of business, Twinkies are gone forever"
etc.

ToplessPony94
01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
V8’s will not meet emissions after 2017 ... some are in denial and no faith in new technology. So give up your rotary phones, believe in new technology.

I believe that new technology will come along a make the V8 viable - I have faith in THAT new technology. :cool:

Also, my old rotary phone worked every time and was great at actually making phone calls; something which most new "smart"phones often don't do all that well. And it didn't cost me hundreds of dollars every 2 years... :rolleyes:

390gtconv
01-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Also, my old rotary phone worked every time and was great at actually making phone calls; something which most new "smart"phones often don't do all that well. And it didn't cost me hundreds of dollars every 2 years... :rolleyes:

But the key is YOU took the plunge!

KARMAN
01-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Remember, CAFE stands for Corporate Average Fuel Economy.:D
There will be plenty of Foci and Fiestas to sell to make up for the small number of V8s sold.

TorchredSVT
01-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Exactly...CAFE is all about averages.

Besides, just like Obamacare / ACA .....these regulations change all the time.

don't believe the hype