PDA

View Full Version : Detailed a 1970 Mach 1

07 stang gt
12-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Had the pleasure of detailing a beautiful 1970 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet (very rare/1 of 1 he said ?) over the weekend. 3000 miles on it since fully restored. It is going into the World of Wheels car show in March of 2015 so if you go to the event, you will see it there !! Amazing documentation of this car.Build sheet,original window sticker, owners manual,etc,etc., all in a couple of picture books as well as the original spare tire still in the trunk. I wish I could have got some better pics, it was dark by the time I finished. Very Orange, Coral ???? was the name from Ford on the window sticker,works very nice on this car.Will be going into Boston to do the touch up for him before it goes on display in March since I wont be able to bring my Mustang this year, as we found out last year, you are only allowed to enter the same vehicle 3 times unless it has had radical changes to it. Will be interesting to see what we can do this year for the NHMC vehicles going into the show as many of us will not be able to enter our cars again because of this rule.If you are attending this year and want to get your car detailed for World of Wheels in March of 2015, please let me know. It is not to early to start thinking about it !! Last year I detailed 3 cars for the show, 2 took 1st place trophies, one was mine the other a georgeous black Mustang convertible and one took 3rd,Todds 1967 convertible.Hope all went well for everyone over the holiday season.268626872688268926902691269226932694

ToplessPony94
12-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Very nice, Jimmy! Thanks for the pics!

SVT10th
12-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Beautiful! My all time favorite color on the 69 and 70 Mustangs -- Calypso Coral.

TorchredSVT
12-29-2014, 03:49 PM
one of the first things I do this spring Jimmy is bring my car to you!! Great work as always

07 stang gt
12-30-2014, 05:58 AM
one of the first things I do this spring Jimmy is bring my car to you!! Great work as alwaysThanks for all the complements !! If you would like to set up a time for the spring, now is not to early. I am, and have been, booking appointments already and have members of the NHMC already booked as well as other people,so give me a date and we can work around any weather related issues.As far as the Mach 1 goes, it will interesting to see it under the lights in Boston at WOW in March. I will put another coat of Brilliant Glaze on it when it gets there to add some more wow factor to the paint and do some touch up stuff before Friday when they judge. It had some bad scratches,mostly because of bad towels and products and rubbing in areas where you need to be careful, like body panel lines, door handles,etc.No way were the scratches going away without using a machine, which when finished,was the only way to get it to be perfect. The machine also adds depth and clarity to the paint,removing scratching and etching in the paint, bringing back the luster and shine it had the day it came out of the factory.You can get your car to shine using hand applied wax, but nothing compares to a correctly machined detail job using premium products. Unless your hand can move at 9800 rpm, you just can't get perfect results !! I krindge every time I see people drying thier cars with bad towels and spending hours trying to make scratches go away, when in reality your making them worse every time you touch your car.

Jibber
12-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Looks great as usual Jimmy.

I guess I will have to visit WOW in March to find out more about the 1 of 1 status on his car. Looks awesome for sure

fredfordguy
04-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Saw that car at the show, looked very nice....

07 stang gt
04-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks !! It's a beautiful car, can't miss it with that color.

fredfordguy
04-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Perhaps someday our car will be there with the club....

07 stang gt
04-07-2015, 08:31 PM
You should definetly bring your car to World of Wheels !!!