PDA

View Full Version : First Off-Season Breakfast Meeting

rhoidahl
10-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Reminder -- Breakfast Get Together on Saturday morning; Route 104 diner, New Hampton, NH at 9:30. The weather for Saturday looks good to get the Mustangs out for one more cruise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meet up places are the 93 Exit 4 Burger King (leaving there at 8:30), then at the 93 Exit 23 park/ride just off NH Route 104 adjacent to the NHDOT garage in New Hampton (at 9:30)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we know who to wait for at the meet-up spots, respond to this post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 104 Diner. 752 NH Route 104 New Hampton, NH 03256 (603) 744-0120. Open daily at 7 a.m. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (breakfast available all day!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rhoidahl
10-24-2014, 01:14 PM
No takers yet on Facebook or the Forum?? I'm not driving an hour to go to breakfast by myself. If we can some people interested, it should be a nice ride up and back. But if no one posts they are going, then we will just pass on this one....

rhoidahl
10-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Breakfast get together is still on if anyone else is interested....

ToplessPony94
10-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Randy, I would have loved to go but we had made other plans before it was announced yesterday. When/where is the next one so people can make their plans? Thanks for doing this!

rhoidahl
10-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Randy, I would have loved to go but we had made other plans before it was announced yesterday. When/where is the next one so people can make their plans? Thanks for doing this!

Bruce - The posting I put up on Thursday was a reminder two days ahead of time. When you log on to the Forum, the first posting is right there under Announcements -- 2014-2015 Breakfast Meetings....

ToplessPony94
10-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Bruce - The posting I put up on Thursday was a reminder two days ahead of time. When you log on to the Forum, the first posting is right there under Announcements -- 2014-2015 Breakfast Meetings....

Thanks, Randy, but I use the setting to keep me logged in and rarely close my browser, so I don't see that. When I come back to the browser, I just click New Posts. I actually log in maybe once every few months. Also I notice that the dates in that post say they are "tentative". Maybe I'm the odd one out, but anyone else who stays logged in won't see it there either. It would also be good to know ahead of time where the breakfast is, which is not in that post. Sometimes people have time if it's a 30 minute drive for them, but not if it's two hours away. Just trying to help get the attendance up. :)

Lastly, I must sadly say that the Estabrook Grill has closed. Bummer - it was my favorite breakfast spot. We have to take that one off the list.

whtmare
10-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Great breakfast and great ride home the "back way" today! And Bruce you are the odd one out:p

rhoidahl
10-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Bruce -- you have the dates specified in the Announcements section of the Forum. I was away all week on business and posted the reminder as soon as I could when I got home. If you don't close your browser and reopen it more than once a month, then I guess you will miss out on some of the announcements and reminders. I post the dates on Facebook and the Forum, then I post a reminder. I really can't do any more than that. I suggest you go the Announcements section and put the dates into your calendar; then check a couple days ahead of time to see where we are going to meet for breakfast....

ToplessPony94
10-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Bruce -- you have the dates specified in the Announcements section of the Forum. I was away all week on business and posted the reminder as soon as I could when I got home. If you don't close your browser and reopen it more than once a month, then I guess you will miss out on some of the announcements and reminders. I post the dates on Facebook and the Forum, then I post a reminder. I really can't do any more than that. I suggest you go the Announcements section and put the dates into your calendar; then check a couple days ahead of time to see where we are going to meet for breakfast....

I was just trying to help get attendance up, not trying to cause trouble. I am not the only one who leaves their browser running all the time. All I can say is I can't hold the date open if the location isn't announced until a couple of days before. The post in Announcements still does not contain the location for the breakfast today. Again, I was only trying to help. Over and out. :confused: