PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects Thread

ToplessPony94
10-21-2014, 12:00 PM
OK, if George put his car away it must be time for a new winter projects thread.

I'm not planning that much over the winter. Replace the fuel tank straps with new stainless, replace the flexible fuel lines, repaint the calipers, maybe a new top.

Post up your own plans for the winter here!

RumbleStang
10-21-2014, 03:25 PM
- Add Red Hash Marks
- Install a Moroso Air/Oil Separator
- Install MMD Eleanor Style Scoops
- Install MMD Side Scoops
- Upgrade my Tail lights to Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tail Lights
- Plan on getting a job that i will have Weekends off so i can do all the things you all do with the Club on the Weekends! Ha!

Im sure over the months ill end up getting more things to add .......

Jibber
10-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Bigger blower.....New MAF, Injectors, MM K-Member, Long Tubes, ****SMACK***** I just got slapped by my wife..... Haha.

Now on to reality.....
Just finishing off the Stifflers FIT System with the Spider Brace and K-member brace.
Maybe some 18" AFS Replicas and new skins.

Luckily, I'm right where I want to be.

390gtconv
10-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Bigger blower.....New MAF, Injectors, MM K-Member, Long Tubes, ****SMACK***** I just got slapped by my wife..... Haha.

Now on to reality.....
Just finishing off the Stifflers FIT System with the Spider Brace and K-member brace.
Maybe some 18" AFS Replicas and new skins.

Luckily, I'm right where I want to be.

Why doing all those things to a car you were trying or thinking of selling?
Things changed?

LILBLKSNAKE
10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
All new Stainless Steel Hard lines for Brakes
All new braided Stainless Steel Brake hoses
Torque Box reinforcement kit

Team Z Tubular front k-member with control arms and coil overs
Team Z Rear Anti Roll Bar

AFR 165's

07 stang gt
10-22-2014, 07:12 AM
I am having the vinyl stripes taken off my car and having them painted on instead.Supercharger in the summer.

RumbleStang
10-22-2014, 07:33 AM
07 stang gt ---- Who doing your Supercharger? You buy it local or buy it online and having a local place install it? Thats the plan for my '07 to but thats a few years down the road-

SVT10th
10-22-2014, 08:16 AM
07 stang gt ---- Who doing your Supercharger? You buy it local or buy it online and having a local place install it? Thats the plan for my '07 to but thats a few years down the road-

Nearly everyone in the club goes to President Rick for blower installs. He's done a ton of them.

MY-S281
10-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Nearly everyone in the club goes to President Rick for blower installs. He's done a ton of them.

YEP, he is the man to work with for that , Been almost 6 years for the Kenne Bell he installed on the Saleen and she is still whining like she did from day 1 !

whtmare
10-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Ok I couldn't pass this one up...for me guess it never stops still up in the air but possibilities are hydro dipping some more stuff under hood , one piece drive shaft, possibly even a magnum xl tranny swap well see....

TorchredSVT
10-22-2014, 01:36 PM
the only real modification I am going to do is replace my shitty HID's with some LED bulbs...other than that, just a few small maintenance items.

I have a feeling i am going to be real busy this spring lol

ToplessPony94
10-22-2014, 03:43 PM
the only real modification I am going to do is replace my shitty HID's with some LED bulbs.

Ian, the web sites I trust to offer good product do not offer LED headlight replacements yet. They claim LED headlights are too unreliable for their standards. Something to think about...

390gtconv
10-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Ian, the web sites I trust to offer good product do not offer LED headlight replacements yet. They claim LED headlights are too unreliable for their standards. Something to think about...

LED lighting in homes now the big thing.
But if LED lighting in cars (maybe because of vibrations) is different, I'd ask WHY "they claim". You know me, "because" isn't a good answer. Aren't most if not all Germany cars (among others) using LED? Would wanna know what one vendors "concerns are. Is it a retro fit issue?

ToplessPony94
10-22-2014, 06:24 PM
LED lighting in homes now the big thing.
But if LED lighting in cars (maybe because of vibrations) is different, I'd ask WHY "they claim". You know me, "because" isn't a good answer. Aren't most if not all Germany cars (among others) using LED? Would wanna know what one vendors "concerns are. Is it a retro fit issue?

They claim reliability problems. Headlight housings with LED halos are offered, but not headlights themselves. LEDs work in all other application, as my own car is witness to that.

390gtconv
10-22-2014, 09:16 PM
LED's themselves been around a long time. Almost as long as I have been in electronics.
Is there more than one mfg? Has to be?

ToplessPony94
10-23-2014, 12:26 AM
LED's themselves been around a long time. Almost as long as I have been in electronics.
Is there more than one mfg? Has to be?

I'm talking vendors, not manufacturers. The vendors I trust won't sell them yet.

I have to admit that these look interesting, though (for my car) and the prices aren't scary:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Brights-LED-Headlight-Conversion/dp/B00HFK2R8Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=11ABJ5X39AQN7ZJ3WD4M

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBQWT7K/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00HFK2RCW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11TRHTX74AZ3QDPJYBX6

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-2200LM-5000K-Headlight-CXA1512/dp/B00M1BBVLI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=11ABJ5X39AQN7ZJ3WD4M

390gtconv
10-23-2014, 01:30 AM
You don't trust buying thru Amazon, parts have 5 yrs warranties? Prices you linked are only few $$ more than reg bulbs at local auto stores. Forget vendor.... the part mfg has its warranty, If 5yrs. our cars won't get daily driving to worry about 5yr usage.

07 stang gt
10-23-2014, 07:01 AM
07 stang gt ---- Who doing your Supercharger? You buy it local or buy it online and having a local place install it? Thats the plan for my '07 to but thats a few years down the road-Definetly Rick the club pres. I will be going with a polished Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger. Then off to Pete at Performance Dyno to have it tuned.

TorchredSVT
10-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Bruce, im not sure where you get your info from..but there are ton's of people already running LED lights

Here is just one example:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1012875-Question-about-LED-headlights-terminator/page3

SVT10th
10-23-2014, 08:54 AM
the only real modification I am going to do is replace my shitty HID's with some LED bulbs...other than that, just a few small maintenance items.

I have a feeling i am going to be real busy this spring lol

Ian, there's a long thread on SVTP in the Terminator section about someone who put LEDs in their Cobra. At the end he says even though they seem brighter, they actually don't throw the light very well. And if you look at the photos, it looks like the beam pattern is completely screwed up and you'd end up pissing off most oncoming drivers. (Probably because the LED bulbs don't emit light in the same directions as the regualr bulbs, which changes how the reflector throws the light.
I wouldn't do it. It seems like it would be fine for the riceboy kids who just want to look cool, but don't give a rats ass about how well it actually works.

TorchredSVT
10-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Can't be worse than the HID's 8k HID's that I have been running for years. The light they emit is scattered all over the place, file it under NMP :)

ToplessPony94
10-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Can't be worse than the HID's 8k HID's that I have been running for years. The light they emit is scattered all over the place, file it under NMP :)

Ian, I had that problem and solved it by replacing the housings with after-market housings that don't have that issue.

RumbleStang
10-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Definetly Rick the club pres. I will be going with a polished Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger. Then off to Pete at Performance Dyno to have it tuned.

Thats the one i was looking and thinking about getting- you buy it threw him or buy and bring it to him? Its $7,349.99 online (Without Install) ---

390gtconv
10-23-2014, 10:50 AM
A thought when installing these lights,do ya need to get them re-aligned? If their projection pattern gets changed, maybe what ya should be doing.
Anybody here do that much night driving that this is a big deal?

The story above says "SVTP in the Terminator section about someone who put LEDs in their Cobra. At the end he says even though they seem brighter, they actually don't throw the light very well. "
Folks going by one persons thoughts about being brigher or not? Can be subjective. Do they sell diff brands or models? Or other styles with diff outputs?

ToplessPony94
10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
A thought when installing these lights,do ya need to get them re-aligned? If their projection pattern gets changed, maybe what ya should be doing.
Anybody here do that much night driving that this is a big deal?

The story above says "SVTP in the Terminator section about someone who put LEDs in their Cobra. At the end he says even though they seem brighter, they actually don't throw the light very well. "
Folks going by one persons thoughts about being brigher or not? Can be subjective. Do they sell diff brands or models? Or other styles with diff outputs?

Well, I certainly had to re-align mine when I did the HID conversion, so I would think the same would be true for LED.

Most seem to use the same CREE LED, some without reflector some with. The ones with the reflector work better.

TorchredSVT
10-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Ian, I had that problem and solved it by replacing the housings with after-market housings that don't have that issue.

Way to much work for me.....I dont want to alter the stock lights at all

I'll take my chances on the new LED bulbs and then properly aligning them

Here's the other thing, I really don't do a ton of night driving anyways, so i honestly don't care THAT much. Just looking for a good alternative that throws more light then the shitty stock bulbs

ToplessPony94
10-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Way to much work for me.....

HAHA! It takes a half hour to change mine (94), but on your Terminator it takes about 1 minute!!! :D

fredfordguy
10-23-2014, 06:15 PM
This winter's list is replace the gas tank, strip and re paint the front of the block accessories and the biggie this time will be to have the headliner replaced, damn mice!!!!!!! oh and further clean up from the paint job....Had a great time at the dyno, even if some of the cars there could use my engine for a starter motor...LOL

390gtconv
10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
This winter's list is replace the gas tank, strip and re paint the front of the block accessories and the biggie this time will be to have the headliner replaced, damn mice!!!!!!! oh and further clean up from the paint job....Had a great time at the dyno, even if some of the cars there could use my engine for a starter motor...LOL
When ready to do pulleys/brackets over, consider powder coating them. That's what I've started to do, redid my factory 7 blade fan powder coated. You pick color & its finish. Last forever.
Place in Derry great job, quick & reasonable.