PDA

View Full Version : This Coming Weekend ....

rhoidahl
10-07-2014, 07:34 PM
OK Folks. The extended forecast for this coming l-o-n-g weekend looks good. So right now both Dyno Day on Saturday and our cruise up to Sunapee Harbor and Mt Sunapee on Sunday are both a "go".
For Dyno Day on Saturday, we will have a meet-up at the Route 93, Exit 4 Cracker Barrel (right next to Burger King), leaving there to head up to Loudon at 8:30 am.
For the Sunapee trip on Sunday, we will meet up at Lanctot's in Weare NH at 10:00; so those who want to "cruise" up together will meet up at the same Exit 4 Cracker Barrel, departing at 9:15 to meet up with others at Lanctot's at 10:00. If you like barbeques, you HAVE to attend this event.
This is our last club event until the Christmas party, and the weather is looking goooooood; so let's have a good turnout.

390gtconv
10-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Maybe not so good for this Sat morning. Just from FOX 25 as of 11pm. 10/7:

FOX 25 CHIEF METEOROLOGIST KEVIN LEMANOWICZ:

A cold front marching toward us overnight will bring a stormy morning to New England. The morning commute will be a mess. Thunderstorms could become severe. The NOAA Storm Prediction Center has put southern New England in a slight risk of severe weather, including a 5 percent chance of a tornado south of the Massachusetts Turnpike. That is a low percentage, but is statistically significant for New England.

The storms will move offshore with the front by late in the morning. The sun will be back for lunch hour and the afternoon. There can still be a few pop-up showers in the cooler air moving in behind the front, especially to the northwest of Worcester.

High pressure will keep sunshine in here through Thursday. Highs will be cooler, in the 60s. Some clouds lurking with the old front offshore could push north again Friday, but it looks dry. Low pressure on the front will bring more clouds and some rain early Saturday. The sun will be back in the afternoon and stick around through Sunday.

Be sure to check in with Shiri on the FOX 25 Morning News for the latest on the severe weather threat.

SVT10th
10-08-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm in for both.

Wait for Sat AM weather to see if I meet up or go up later.

TorchredSVT
10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
first i have heard of the foliage cruise, damn....can't make it, this is usually one of my favorite events.

Jibber
10-08-2014, 01:12 PM
first i have heard of the foliage cruise, damn....can't make it, this is usually one of my favorite events.

You're too busy with NECA and SVTP guys to hang out with us.

chachee52
10-08-2014, 01:54 PM

IT's the same time every year since I've been in the club. Sunday of Columbus Day weekend.

SVT10th
10-08-2014, 03:46 PM
IT's the same time every year since I've been in the club. Sunday of Columbus Day weekend.

'Tis truth....

TorchredSVT
10-09-2014, 08:39 AM
with a preggo wife, car stuff hasn't been a priority for me this year, I haven't even touched my car since the last Mann's

Maybe this is why:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/torchredcobra/7263D403-796A-4CEC-B0B5-99F11FD3497E_zps7gmhjd6o.jpg

390gtconv
10-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Is that liquid air leaking out of the tire? lol

SVT10th
10-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Ian, you didn't change out your summer air, did you? You always have to have the proper season's air in your tires or it leaks out like that:

You need:
Seasonal Tire Air $28.95
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31
"Everyone knows that temperature can have a great impact in your tire pressure. This is why you absolutely should use the correct air for your tires! For example, your car should usually have the tires set to 32psi. If you are using summer air in the summer, this is fine. However! If you use this summer air in the dead of winter, your may actually only be running at about 22psi! Each can will do one average sized tire. Sold in sets of 1 each."

TorchredSVT
10-09-2014, 11:25 AM
its not air or condensation from air in the tire....it's a hole in my radiator and that's coolant all over the floor

rhoidahl
10-09-2014, 11:35 AM
The rain on Saturday morning is only extreme southern NH; we should be fine....

rhoidahl
10-09-2014, 11:35 AM
REMINDER -Reminder of this weekend's club events:

For Dyno Day on Saturday, we will have a meet-up at the Route 93, Exit 4Cracker Barrel (right next to Burger King), leaving there at 8:30 to head up to Loudon.

For the Sunapee trip on Sunday, meet-up #1 is at the same Exit 4 Cracker Barrel, leaving there at 9:15. Meet-up #2 is at Lanctot's in Weare NH at 10:00.

If you like barbeques, you HAVE to attend this event. This is our last club event until the Christmas party (except our monthly breakfast get-togethers), and the weather is looking goooooood; so let's have a good turnout.-

390gtconv
10-09-2014, 12:30 PM
The rain on Saturday morning is only extreme southern NH; we should be fine....

Hopefully. As long as no folks wanna drive up early from Mass.