PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Ford Mustang production begins in Flat Rock

390gtconv
09-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Let the Mustang new era begin.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/post--2015-ford-mustang-production-begins-in-flat-rock

The new Mustang will get independent rear suspension, and an optional turbocharged 2.3-liter, four-cylinder engine making 310 hp and 320 lb-ft of torque. That motor will join the returning 435-hp, 5.0-liter V8 and the 300-hp 3.7-liter V6. The Mustang also gets a new perimeter subframe to stiffen the structure while also reducing mass.

07 stang gt
09-03-2014, 06:49 AM
I have a couple of brouchers I took from some of my Ford dealers recently and there are some pretty cool new colors.One of them is competion orange and Jibber will be excited to hear they have a new YELLOW as well !!! Everyone has ordered them already with build dates as early as last week meaning once the "OK to Build " notice goes out to the dealers, they will be released. Most expecting arrival around Xmass. 4 dealers in NH have the 2015 anniversary models coming. 3 in blue with white stries and one in white with blue stripes. All for sale except one, he is keeping it to add to his collection. He also has a NEW Mach 1 he is keeping for one of his daughters till she graduates, ZERO miles !!!

TorchredSVT
09-03-2014, 08:38 AM
competition orange isn't new.....color has been around since 2004 :)

and I am seeing pictures of the 2015 popping up at dealers all over the place already, even some here in MA.

07 stang gt
09-04-2014, 05:19 AM
competition orange isn't new.....color has been around since 2004 :)

and I am seeing pictures of the 2015 popping up at dealers all over the place already, even some here in MA. I know the colors not new, just hasn't been available on a GT for quite some time. NO 2015's are on the ground anywhere yet.There are some preproduction cars out there but nothing for sale yet. Not allowed by Ford to be released at this time, Ford calls it "OK to Buy" which will happen before the car gets released from the plant. They are producing them now just parking them till the time comes. Most of my dealers have them ordered already, some stuffed to the gills with options others not so much. The GT with the new trac pak seems to be popular, bigger tires, bigger front springs and a beefy rear end, Recaros, etc. Most coming in around $40 to $42,000, one of them ordered the 4 cyl ecoboost and it came in around $35,000. I can tell you since the car has left the area, that Ford is doing a 49 state in 22 day tour with the new 2015 Mustang, Ruby Red Metallic in color , hidden in an unmarked trailer, that they are dropping the car out of the trailer in a pre determend area, snapping a photo, loading it back up, and off to the next state. And yes I can verify that with someone who you know. Sneaky, sneaky, those Ford guys!!

TorchredSVT
09-04-2014, 08:46 AM
well its odd you mention that because the car I saw in MA was red....wondering if that's the same car that's part of that tour.

07 stang gt
09-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Quite possible, Ruby Red Metallic not Vermillion Red (like your car) is the color. Was not out for very long, just for the photo shoot,back in the trailer, and off it went to the next state.

TorchredSVT
09-05-2014, 02:15 PM
just thought I would leave this here....as you can see, these cars are out there already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq8lD7hRPP0