PDA

View Full Version : NEWBURYPORT Fair/car show 8/14/14

390gtconv
08-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Todd, more info you asked for. This just emailed to me:

THIRD ANNUAL

DOWNTOWN NEWBURYPORT CAR SHOW

Thursday, August 14, 2014

We have a great show lined up with some fabulous show cars!

Thanks for joining us for the third annual Downtown Newburyport Car Show. Confirmation postcards have been sent out.

For those who are coming for the first time, we have a great show lined up with some fabulous show cars (including yours!). The City has given us some additional space this year. We are adding approximately 50 new Show Cars. Even with that said, we are SOLD OUT! NO additional space is available.

We cannot emphasize enough how important it is that you DO NOT SHOW UP EARLY on August 14. We have no staging area or any place to put show cars before 4PM. You are guaranteed entry with your postcard and early entrance does not get you a better location.

In case of rain threat you may call 978-462-1450 after noontime for updates. Rain date is the following Thursday, August 21st.

With all the great cars already registered for the Downtown Newburyport Car Show, how could we possibly top last year? Well after months of negotiations, we have a Delorean made famous by the movie "Back to the Future". This screen accurate rendition will be featured in the Institute for Savings Parking Lot from 5PM to 8PM at our Big Show on August 14th.

The iconic gullwinged Show Car will be available for photos. For a nominal donation you may step inside the stantions for a close up, in person view and have your photo taken. All donations this year will be going to the Michael J. Fox foundation for the cure of Parkinson's disease.

The Delorean will be setup to depict a scene from the movie and is promised to put on quite a light show. Please help us get the word out by putting this on Facebook, Twitter or whatever media you have to work with.

Lastly we want to mention the prep for your Show Car. First of all be proud that your car was chosen. We have been to several local car shows this summer and have noticed so many cars that really haven't been prepped for show. Please, no clutter inside and a clean, waxed show car worthy of an invitation-only car show. If you have a convertible, please use the boot after folding the top down. SHOW PROUD!

On behalf of the Legends WNBP Radio, The Newburyport Chamber and all of our sponsors, many thanks for joining us.

Best Regards,
Wes Pettengill
Show Coordinator

chachee52
08-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Wow, they seem bossy!
Unfortunately I don't get out until about 7:30 on Thursdays. So I won't be able to head up. Maybe Jen will though.
Congrats and have fun!

TorchredSVT
08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
thats very cool, but as todd said...so dumb to do that on a weekday AND have so many stipulations. It's not pebble beach lol.........
It really is a shame, newburyport would be a really cool place for a show like this......

chachee52
08-11-2014, 09:03 AM
I think that it would be too much to do on a weekend to shut down streets and parking lots on the towns busiest days. I think that Thursday is a good choice, I just work late so I can't make weekday shows. Thursday during the summer is the start of a lot of long weekends too so that's probably why they picked a Thursday rather than a Monday.

whtmare
08-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm going putting my lease Subaru in the show that's never been to the car wash..well maybe once! On the way home I'll stop at canobie lake and try to get in with all my pocket knives :D

ToplessPony94
08-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Wow, they seem bossy!

I would have been insulted to receive such a letter, and I don't insult that easily. Heck, it's an invitation only showing, and they decided who to invite. Would they have invited people who didn't know how to prep a car for a show? If they did, then shame on them!

390gtconv
08-11-2014, 05:18 PM
I'll let ya know if it's all that "high and mighty".
I can understand some of the cars they considered at diff shops weren't auditioning for this "special event" so some of them would of had personnel stuff in say back seats.
I'm kinda looking forward to check out the area and some of the shops.
I look at this a chance to see a diff event with diff cars.

TorchredSVT
08-12-2014, 08:54 AM
newburyport rules...its a great place with a cool little downtown that has some decent nightlife. I bet it will be a great place to do a car show like this.

and lol ryan

chachee52
08-18-2014, 02:06 PM
so how was it? Was it everything you dreamed it would be? Did you win? Did you eat good food? Did a seagull poop on your car?
Inquiring minds want to know

390gtconv
08-20-2014, 10:33 AM
so how was it? Was it everything you dreamed it would be? Did you win? Did you eat good food? Did a seagull poop on your car?
Inquiring minds want to know

Todd, Newburyport show was good. They had 7 of us mustangs park in a small area off to the side. Oldest car was a 64 1/2 ORIG owner yellow conv, next was an orig unrestored 67 Shebly GT 500, then my car, then a '69 Coupe with something like 50K orig miles, then fox body, then couple newer cars. Big crowd. I'd guess ~ 100 show cars all by invite only. Some were odd ones rarely seen. No awards just displays.
Was pleasantly surprised at how many folks walking by made mention to me that they saw my car on cover of Whips Wheels and liked story.
I was however approached by the owner of WALLS Ford in Salisbury John Walls senior. He said he wants to plan a 50th cookout party at his dealership in mid Oct and wanted to know if I'd bring my car and he gave me his business card. Said yes. When got home I sent my contact info and also asked if he needed other cars to let me know and I'd connect him with Rick, prez. So we'll see.

There was an Orange Leaf place there so stopped in, had my neighbor with me.
Oh and sorry no bird poop around.
Nice ride home with top down.

ToplessPony94
08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Sounds like fun, George. Wish it had been at a time when I could have gone to the show.

chachee52
08-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Really George? There are SO many good places to get icecream up there and you went to Orange Leaf? Shame on you
Glad you had a good time. Sounded liek a great event

390gtconv
08-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Really George? There are SO many good places to get icecream up there and you went to Orange Leaf? Shame on you
Glad you had a good time. Sounded liek a great event
I like OL. Other food places wayyy to crowded to be bothered with. None I don't think on the top ten icecream places I posted awhile back.

Besides, what do I know, I don't like steak, rather a hamburger or most any fish....

besides haven't seen an ice cream place that YOU can add ~ 30 diff toppings!

chachee52
08-20-2014, 08:31 PM
besides haven't seen an ice cream place that YOU can add ~ 30 diff toppings!

Kellerhaus at the Weirs

390gtconv
08-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Kellerhaus at the Weirs

Not driving to Weirs from my house for ice cream. Weirs not next to Newburyport, won't have worked out last Thurs. I know you're in that general area time to time, doesn't work for me. Several places in town near me on the top ten. Good enough.

SVT10th
08-21-2014, 08:07 AM
Kellerhaus at the Weirs
Yeah they have a lot of toppings, but the Kellerhaus isn't that good anymore. I used to go there often when I was young. The last couple of times I went there with Amy and Kayleigh, it really wasn't that good. Very mediocre ice cream. Lots of toppings so you don't notice -- but try it plain and see. There are far, far better places in NH for ice cream. I think Annabelle's in Portsmouth and Jakes in Nashua are probably two of the best ice cream makers in NH. But they don't have 30 toppings.

I agree with George -- if you want a make your own sundae experience, Orange Leaf is a great option.

chachee52
08-21-2014, 08:22 AM
I never said Kellerhaus was as good as it was. That wasn't the question. Icecream is almost better than frozen yogurts though.

But back to the topic though.
When was that Ford picnic thinking about happening. Better hurry up. Some people put there cars away soon now that it's 70 out.

390gtconv
08-21-2014, 11:19 AM
But back to the topic though.
When was that Ford picnic thinking about happening. Better hurry up. Some people put there cars away soon now that it's 70 out.

Todd your question about Walls Ford maybe show? If this, waiting on them.

Or some other "picnic" thing?

fyi in talkimg to my wife (dietician), as calories go, no major benefit over ice cream vs yourts. besides toppings throw all that out the window. Locally MOO's in Derry high on list and Memories think in Brentwood, not sure of town.

chachee52
08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Todd your question about Walls Ford maybe show? If this, waiting on them.

Or some other "picnic" thing?

fyi in talkimg to my wife (dietician), as calories go, no major benefit over ice cream vs yourts. besides toppings throw all that out the window. Locally MOO's in Derry high on list and Memories think in Brentwood, not sure of town.

If your eating icecream, your not worrying about your diet anyway. I've NEVER EVER worried about the "caloric intake" of any food. If it's good, eat it

390gtconv
08-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Everything good in moderation.
Now back on topic whatever that was.... hehehe

TorchredSVT
08-25-2014, 08:46 AM
thats cool, i wondered how this show was

My friend is the parts manager at Wall's, i'll ask him about the show

390gtconv
08-25-2014, 11:12 AM
thats cool, i wondered how this show was

My friend is the parts manager at Wall's, i'll ask him about the show

I hope they do it but this late and hadn't had any firm plans, maybe hard to draw big crowd. We'll see.

TorchredSVT
08-27-2014, 08:32 AM
I ended up seeing my buddy who works at Wall's last night, guys been there for 17 years...looked at me like i had three heads when i asked about the car show lol

390gtconv
08-27-2014, 09:22 AM
I ended up seeing my buddy who works at Wall's last night, guys been there for 17 years...looked at me like i had three heads when i asked about the car show lol
I guess John Wall senior is keeping it low key.
I've spoken with Jimmy who know him and he was gonna ask.
All is well and good but if word not out shortly, and I've had NO email reply from Mr Walls, not a lot of hope. We'll see

TorchredSVT
08-27-2014, 01:03 PM
It would be pretty cool if they pulled it off...I actually like dealer shows when done correctly.

07 stang gt
08-28-2014, 05:17 AM
I am going over to see them next week and will let you know. I will send an email to his son John Wall Jr and find out whats up. He has a beautiful Mach 1 as well as some other beauties as too. !!

390gtconv
09-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Folks,
I sent Mr Walls senior another email today and this was his reply. Guess we wait until spring:

George,
I appreciate you checking. We have scheduling conflicts so have decided to put the show off until spring, probably late April or early May. I will contact you well in advance and, hopefully you will be able to join us. Thanks for remembering. I look forward to talking with you soon.

John, Sr.